• 2" - 2.5" (5.1 - 6.4cm)

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • 2.5" - 3" (6.4 - 7.6cm)

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • More than 3" (more than 7.6 cm)

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About 2-2.5. This past year because of BCing I cut a lot to even up the layers as they grow, but aside from that. I normally only trim once a year and it's usually about 2-3 inches.

I trim about one inch every 6 months. Trimming helps me get rid of single strands knots and split ends. I am planning on not trimming as much in the future.

I used to cut about 3 times a year. Sometimes 2 when I went really long without a relaxer. My trims would happen like once or 2x a month as I love, love, love sharp edges on a haircut. Now that I am transitioning I have not trimmed since end of June and I tell you it has definitely been withdrawal not seeing fresh shiny blunt edges all the time.

2-4 inches per year. I dust and then get my hair reshaped often. Whatever it takes for my hair to look nice. :)

I'm transitioning to natural so in the last year I probably cut off 6-8 inches of relaxed hair.

My hair grows 4 - 4.5 inches per year so I don't plan to trim often once I am fully natural.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/length-check--stretched/

11/21/08 length

IMG_0044-vi.jpg

First trim was 11/22/08
IMG_0009-vi.jpg

Second trim was 4/23/09
IMG_0042-vi.jpg

I'm not really trimming anymore, but dusting. I had my ends dusted today at the salon.

I guees it depends. Last year, i believe i trim 1 inch every month, as i wanted to keep my style (the shorter in the back, long in the front) and the hair wanted to grow. I have to say i cut more than a 5 inches a year, cause i really like to change style during the year.

I guess this is the first year i'm gonna try no to cut my hair at all.

2-3".

I really need to cut back, I've been trimming all my progress away. I dust every so often, so major trims shouldnt be as often as mine (2/3 times a year :()

I voted I don't trim at all. Is it necessary if you wear your hair curly 98% of the time? Has anyone received any damage from not trimming? (TIA) I want to get my hair straightened around the holidays. I guess I will find out if not trimming is damaging at that time.

So far, this year alone - I have had 8 inches trimmed off and working on getting the rest of it pretty soon. But typically I trim about 2-2.5 inches a year, maybe 3 inches but that's in the past. I am not trimming unless I really have to moving forward, so that means I'd really have to watch my ends really closely.

Back