• 4x

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 5x

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 6x or more (please state how many)

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did short trabsitionings,. but did the three times. The longer one i transitoned for 5 months, the first time, the second and third time, just for 6 weeks or so.

this is my first and LAST transition! i'm never goin through this mess again. if somehow i end up relaxed again, i will just have to deal with the bc because this transitioning stuff is not the business. its boring, and not that cute.

thanks for saying that! i'm transitioning right now (and never will again) and mostly i see the transitioners on hair just talking about how much they love their NG and how it's so easy.

Wow...I have transitioned 4 times in the past, this is my 5th and last.

First time: I was 15 years old, had no idea what my natural hair looked like; mom relaxed me at 5! Didn't know anything about hair boards just stopped relaxing, and rollerset my hair for 13 months with mini chops the whole time. Relaxed after 1 month natural.

Second time: Transitioned for 5 months, had a big event to go to in the summer, my hair was looking CRAZY so I relaxed and regretted it.

Third time: Transitioned for 9 months, bc'd hated it then grew to love it as it grew longer! My hair was the healthiest it had ever been, grew to nearly BSL. After a year or so I couldn't take the tangles and relaxed again.. regretted it that day.

Fourth time: My hair was longest it had ever been (almost BSL) a stylist overprocessed me and clumps of hair broke off in the back and I made the decision to go natural. I had to cut my hair to an inverted bob to blend the damage... this cut was NOT the biz on 5 months post hair (required too frequent heat, since I couldn't wear a pony) so I relaxed.

Fifth time: Currently almost 9 months post, and I'm sticking it out for at least 3 more months! This has been the toughest transition since I started with short hair, every other time I had hair that was at least SL... but I'm trucking though!

I transitioned a total of 3x.

The first time was in high school and I went almost a year without a relaxer since I was in braids. I eventually decided to relax since I didn't know what to do with my hair.

The Second time was last year when I made it six months before I relaxed in June 08. I still desired straight hair and decided that relaxing was a better option as opposed to heat. I also became discouraged when I read about others negative experiences w/natural hair (ex. single strand knots).

The third and final time was again last year and this year. I had my last relaxer in Oct 08 and decided in May 09 that I didn't want to relax anymore. I initially planned to transition for a year but then decided to end my transition early. I did so because 1) I was dying to see what my hair looked like and 2) I knew by BC'ing there was no turning back and relaxing would not be an option.

Now that I'm natural, my only regret is not doing this sooner and allowing others negative experience shape my perceptions given that I had not experienced natural hair yet.

1 x! I transitioned for about 4 months and said enough is enough!! so I BC'd opposed to my other option of giving back into my relaxer.

I've been transitioning off-and-on since my join date. I finally made the commitment this year (Inauguration day 2009). 8 months and still going strong.

i voted 3, but now that i actually think about it, the first time i tried "going natural" was in '94, so this is actually my 4th and hopefully last time around. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: ... but definitely no more bc's for me:lachen::spinning::lachen: it takes too long to recover from a bald head.

I transitioned once, and it was pretty easy. I didn't know I was transitioning actually. That or I just didn't care either way. I had gotten a relaxer that was very underprocessed. After that, I wore individual braids for about seven or eight months. Around the end of that time I asked my mom to just chop all the relaxed hair off.

This is my second and final time. First time I transitioned for 10 months then BC. A stylist put permanent color in my hair and it straightened it like I had a perm. Messed up my natural hair three months of being all natural. I tried to grow it out since the straight ends were not uniform all over my hair. It ended up being a palm sized patch on the left side. I felt like I was on punishment. After about 6 months I couldn't take it any more and I relaxed.

I did my second transition from May 2008 until March 2009. I did the BC. I am very happy with my hair and I will never go back to the perm. I love the curls, waves and thickness of my hair.

I am on my second and hopefully final transition ever. I won't say never because I said I would never relaxed my hair after I went natural in 04, and I did it after caving to others reaction to my hair.

This is my 2nd transition. I abandoned the 1st transition and relapsed at 11 months post.

This transition is ALL THE WAY DIFFERENT and PERMANENT! My mental is much different now than it was the 1st time. :) I am 10 months & 2 days post.

lol @ "relapsing" I know exactly what you mean. I voted 3x but I wan't counting on a BC not counting. Cuz I BCed rather quickly and then after about a year of being natural got a relaxer. I did that over and over.

I guess I should have voted 4x. I texlaxed last year and now I'm in the process of growing out the texlax. I won't be BCing this time, I can tell you that right now! Fark that. Once I hit a milestone that I like, maybe TBL, I'll start trimming off the texlaxed hair bit by bit to be 100% natural.

This will be my second time transitioning. I am so glad I found this hair board! With all of the useful information I have learned here this one will be waaaaay easier than the first time. I am so relieved...:o

This is my first transition. I wasn't very good at relaxing my own hair, and I felt that maybe the relaxers were weakening it, since a lot of the relaxed ends were breaking off. So I was stretching for a few months, and then decided I will definitely go natural. This cute Tammy Outre wig is helping me through this transition, but I may decide to big chop in the summer, depending on how much growth I have. This transitioning hair does not look cute :nono:, but neither would a TWA on me, so I need a medium sized afro at least before chopping, hopefully my growth aids will help me get there quickly this year :D

This is my second time. The first time I did it without the conscience thought of transitioning...but this time!!!! This is no joke!!! I have to get to where I was before AND I'm trying to surpass it! Direct heat is NOT my friend!:nono:

Hmm lets see now:scratchch

1st attempt: I tried to transitioned for a year in highschool that didn't work out so I relaxed.

2nd attempt: late 2007-mid 2008.....punked out and relaxed in June.

3rd attempt: Now 9 months and still running, It'll be a year in June:grin:.

Can't wait to rock one of these>> :afro:

Once. Thank goodness it's over! I defnitely had some bad hair days. During my transition I had no interest in relaxing again and I still have no interest in it.

I have tried transitioning about 5 times in my life, because i miss my natural hair but then after the 5th or 6th month i would relax my hair because my classmates started commenting on my hair and it was difficult to take care of. I wish i would have just transitioned and not thought about what others were thinking but now i have the will power and i promised myself that i would never put a relaxer in my hair again, right now i am about 4 and a half months into my transition and its already getting difficult to style my hair, i cant wait until i get a flat iron so i can blend the two textures without breaking my hair, and i dont think i can do my BC at this moment because i only have about 2 inches of NG and that would be too much of a change for me ( but sometimes i get the urge to just chop off all the relaxed ends but i can never bring myself to do it).I cant wait until this is over.

2x. First time I ended up relaxing. This is my second time and I think Im done with relaxing. If I want to straighten, I"ll just press.

I feel like a nut, but I'm transitioning ALREADY and I just relaxed (if anybody saw my post about it :lachen:) This relaxed business is not for me, now I remember why I went natural. :spinning:

I'm on my 2nd... MAYBE transition. I texlaxed this past spring because I missed having the "best of both worlds." I have yet to regret my decision but I have a touch up coming up but I feel like stretching longer. I might end up "unintentionally going natural" again like I've heard some women do. I'm in a wig/weave mood nowadays. No point in using chemicals if I'm not gonna touch it.

Back