Those who have transitioned to natural w/o the BC - Post your fotki's here!!

I made six months post yesterday. I would also like to see others that are going au naturelle without the BC. I would like to stay at BSL while I transition, trimming along the way, probably every 2 months. My fotki album dedicated to this journey: Transitioning to BSL. I would love to hear from others who have done this or have made the decision to do it.

Your hair is Gorgeous! :drool:

I've transitioned in the past - I think for maybe 6-8 months before I BC'd, but this time I want to try to go 24 months. I haven't set any length goals, although I think I will be at APL soon - by the time I snip I may be at BSL - who knows. I might just get impatient to cut before then. :grin:

I made six months post yesterday. I would also like to see others that are going au naturelle without the BC. I would like to stay at BSL while I transition, trimming along the way, probably every 2 months. My fotki album dedicated to this journey: Transitioning to BSL. I would love to hear from others who have done this or have made the decision to do it.

I just looked at your daughter's albums -- are they natural, relaxed, or texlaxed? They both have texture when wet, so I couldn't quote tell - you're taking awesome care of their hair btw!

i just called a salon and let them know i was transitioning, the stylist said I would be a press and curl client. Is that correct to have a press on hair that's 1/2 permed?

You can have a press on the hair that's natural. Don't let her touch your relaxed ends with pressing tools!

i just called a salon and let them know i was transitioning, the stylist said I would be a press and curl client. Is that correct to have a press on hair that's 1/2 permed?

Some stylists use the word "press" interchangeably with "flat iron". You shouldn't use a hot comb on previously relaxed hair. You should inquire to see what tools she uses for her presses: marcel curlers or hot combs or flat irons. I prefer CERAMIC flat irons when I straighten my transitioning hair. I called a salon today about flat ironing my hair. She didn't know what Chi or Sedu flat irons were and told me she used a comb that went into a stove to straighten hair. I politely declined her services! :nono:

Other transitioning options include braid outs, straw sets, and, roller sets.

Has anyone transitioned without BCing with hair that's starting length was tapered in the back? That is my current dilemma I have 3 inch relaxed pieces at the top and all natural hair in the nape/back.:perplexed

I was thinking I should just let it grow and the top portion would eventually cover the back.

Any ideas or advice about this pm me or post them. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back