Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 34 42.0%

Votes: 33 40.7%

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
CAPlush said:
I noticed yesterday that I do something peculiar when I shampoo. I don't know why I do this, but I think I have always done this. I add some shampoo and try to lather it up, and if it doesn't lather up rich (which it usually doesn't), I wet my hair some more and add some more shampoo. I guess this is lathering twice. Does anyone else rinse only partially after the first lather???

Yes, I so this sometimes. It helps me get more out of that 1st lathering.

CAPlush said:
I noticed yesterday that I do something peculiar when I shampoo. I don't know why I do this, but I think I have always done this. I add some shampoo and try to lather it up, and if it doesn't lather up rich (which it usually doesn't), I wet my hair some more and add some more shampoo. I guess this is lathering twice. Does anyone else rinse only partially after the first lather???

I do that too. I always think I need more shampoo if there's no lather. I lather at least twice....sometimes more

I had been lathering once, but now I lather up once with Nubian Heritage raw shea butter soap with soy milk, myrhh and frankincense and then with Dudu Osun African black soap (ingredients: pure honey, shea butter, OSUN (camwood), Potassium Palmkernelate, sodium palm kernelate, glycerine, aloe vera, lime juice, lemon juice, water and fragrance). I was skeptical of the latter because I thought the lime and lemon juice in the soap would be stripping, but it isn't. I probably shouldn't lather twice, but I love both of these soaps and I cannot seem to stop myself from using both of them and my hair doesn't feel stripped in the least. Also, the scent of the soap (I am not sure which one it is) keeps my whole bathroom smelling wonderful all the time.

P.S. The NH black seed soap with apricot oil and honey and the NB African black soap with shea butter, aloe and vitamin e are very good, too. I may never use shampoo again unless these soaps start doing something really detrimental to my hair.

I voted '1,' but I never really lather. I use heavily diluted poo that I leave on for 2-3 minutes. I've come to associate lather with stripping the hair of natural oil. :ohwell:

I lather three times. I like a tea trea oil shampoo for the first two and CON green bottle for the last one. I really concentrate on cleansing my scalp when I wash.

Back