How Many Times Do You Lather...

I lather twice both when I shampoo and co-wash. I use Surge (2x a day) and Olive oil on my hair so I like to make sure I it's clean.

Tasha112 said:
...when you shampoo and when you conditioner wash. I remember when going to stylists they would lather with shampoo 3 times before conditioning. I used to do this but now I just lather once. I'm not sure how many times to lather with conditioner for conditioner washes.

I lather once w/ shampoo. If my hair still feels heavy, I lather twice. For COW, I rinse fully and massage my scalp with warm water and COW once and detangle. :)

I lather up twice. On the second time round I only lather the crown of my head and try to reach the scalp only to get a good cleaning & scalp stimulation. I wash 2X a week.

basically its only needed for you to lather once because all shampoo is meant to do is to clean the roots...if you were to go about leaving hair "dirty" for a longer period of time (like a week to two weeks) then a bit of extra shampoo can be used for the strands..

but its only really supposed to be used to cleanse the roots..

-meia

I lather only once because I wash almost everyday. Also I clarify (Redken Hair Cleansing Cream) once a week and I let it sit on my hair for 5-10 minutes and that takes off any buildup from previous washing/conditioning during the week.

I like to lather at least 2 times until my hair is full of suds. That's how I know that my hair is clean and I don't have to worry about any build up.

I deep condition my ends first for about a half hour then I shampoo my hair 2 x's in the shower before braiding it up.

Depends I technically twice. Once with cheap shampoo to remove build up and then with CON to add moisture and detangle. When I was washing twice a week, I only lathered once.

If I have a lot of build up or am clarifying, I will lather 2-3 times with the cheap shampoo.

I lather once...I use Elucence. All you need is a dime size amount and it gives you suds galore :)

Conditoner...I use a lot...and then I rinse and apply more as a leave in.

I lather once with shampoo after applying it in sections ( new growth is So thick) once a month or even less frequently. Once when cowashing too.

Back