How many pills/supplements are you popping??

How many supplements/pills are you popping?

• Just one!

Votes: 78 12.2%

Votes: 103 16.1%

Votes: 98 15.3%
  • 4+

Votes: 361 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I often think I'm taking too much, but you know Vitamin C really helps to break down the nutrients in the vitamins. My mother swears by this very inexpensive multivitamin called VitaSmart. You can get this multi from Walmart, Walgreens and I believe Rite-Aid. She said that it will give you twice the daily recommended allowance as most multis, including the one I take now from GNC called Ultra Mega ACTIVE. I workout and run a lot, to it's good to keep up with replenishing nutrients.

Here's what I take:

GNC Ultra Mega Multivitamin ACTIVE
GNC Biotin
Nature's Way MSM with Sulfur
Emu Oil Capsules with EFA's
Pantothenic Acid
Vitamin C
Yerba Mate Fiber capsules

:newbie: Hi!

I take alive whole food energizer as my multi b/c some studies suggest that synthetic vitamins may be overall harmful to your health and this is where I get the majority of my supplemental nutrients.
However, I have just started taking Rexall Biotin 5000 mcgs. I am going to start taking MSM (NSI brand) and I currently take futuerbiotics silica but am switching back to the GNC brand. The futurebiotics brand does not indicate how much silica is in the horsetail.
I take efa's (I am going to try country life omega 3 6 9).
Lastly, I take the GNC brand calcium with magnesium and vitamin D but I am going to try the country life brand.
HTH

I take the following:

2000-3000 mg MSM (crystals/powder form; I take mine mixed with lemon water & stevia sweetener first thing each morning)

1 Multivitamin - currently taking Source of Life Liquid, but I will be taking Country Life "Maxine" (1 tablet daily) once I'm finished with the liquid

1 Puritan's Pride Cal/Mag/Zinc supplement

1 tablet NOW Spirulina

2 capsules flaxseed oil

1 capsule Puritan's Pride Super Biotin (5000 mcg)

Sounds like a lot, but it's really easy for me to stick to this plan. I take most of my vitamins in the morning, but I take the flaxseed twice per day (once in the morning, once at dinner) and the biotin right after dinner.

I take :

Multi Vitamin
Puritan Pride 5 mg biotin
A tablespoon of MSM at night..
This plan is very easy for me...

multi
l cysteine
biotin
iron
super b complex
perfect food
spirulina
ultra hair thick shake

I feel like a crackhead.

Biotin - 10 mg (2 pills)
MSM - 1000 mg (1 pill)
Horsetail - 1000 - 1500 mg (2-3 pills)
GNC Hair, Skin, & Nails - 2 pills
Centrum Daily Multi-Vitamin - 1 pill

So that's 8 or 9 pills a day. Most of the pills are kinda large, but luckily I have no problem throwing like 4 of them back at a time ... I think I was a junkie in another life. :lol:

I take a One A Day Women's and Flaxseed Oil (1000mg) pill every day for overall health. Don't really know if it helps with hair growth, but if it does I'll take it!:D

1. Women's One A Day multivitamin
2. Biotin
3. b-50 complex
4. Evening Primrose Oil
5. Flaxseed Oil

:eek: I wanted to add more, but I think this is enough

I'm taking
Silica
MSM 500mcg
Biotin 10mg
Flaxseed Oil 1 Tbsp.
Super B-50 Complex

I used to take just biotin and flaxseed oil late '06 but fell off that regimen cuz I got lazy. But this time I'm on it for good. It's only been two days and I knew this would happen but I have to pee like every 3 hours it seems. LOL I think its a mixture of all the water im drinking with it. I hope to see and post some results after I take my braids out in June. I can already feel my edges filling in nicely. I think with all these vitamins plus my giovanni direct leave-in. The new growth will come in nice and soft, not crunchy and dry.

I pop 8 daily. :eek:

Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex (2)
Puritan's Pride N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) (600 mg)
Puritan's Pride Super Biotin (10 mg)
Puritan's Pride Silica (500 mg Horsetail)
Puritan's Pride B-100 Complex (Ultra B-Complex) (1)
One A Day for Women (Multivitamin)

1 - VS biotin (5 mg) per day. I really need a good whole food multi, but man I hate taking pills. I gotta get on the ball here.:perplexed

I take a total of 7:

Women's Mega Multi (Iron-free) (Vitamin World)- 2
Biotin (Vitamin World)- 1
MSM (Vitamin World)- 2
Bone Care (a calcium complex) (Vitamin World)- 2

My physician just suggested that I add additional vitamin E and B6 (I'll probably add a B complex). So I will be up to 9. :blush:

I take 12 vitamins a day. Its this product called Advocare which is geared more towards helping w/ appetite control and energy but it has all the vitamins and minerals in it for hair growth so I just stick to that.

I'm currently taking:
2 Tablespoons of VM-100 liquid multivitamin
Iron- prescribed by my doctor (1) 65 mg tablet per day
B-Complex (1) Nature Made
Vitamin E 400 mg (1) Nature Made
Vitamin C 500 mg (1) Nature Made
Calcium 500 mg (1) Nature Made
Vitamin D 200 mg (1) Nature made
CQ-10 (1) 100 mg
Folic Acid (1) 400 mg Nature Made

*GNC Ultra Nourish Hair (2)
*Magnesium (1)
*Selenium (1)
*Fish Oil (1) Nature Made 1200 mg
*3-6-9 Oil Complex (2)
*MSM powder (1/4 to 1/2 tsp. in liquid per day) Vitamin Shoppe brand
*Biotin (3) Vitamin Shoppe 5 mg
*L-Cystine 500 mg (2) Vitamin Shoppe
*L-Methionine 500 mg (1) Vitamin Shoppe

:lol:Everything in bold I take for overall well being.
:confused:Everything marked by an asterisk was only recently added in the last 6 to 8 months because my body was wrecked by low blood iron, and I lost nearly all of my hair.

Uhhh... Alot :lol: Check out my siggy for the list. Honestly I think I should cut back but my hair grew best when I was taking this stuff religiously so I guess I'm just afraid to stop taking anything.

Luckily I have no problem swallowing big/several pills or I'd be in some serious trouble.

ETA: And here's the scary thing... After reading through this thread I'm thinking I want to add Silica, B-Complex and Vit C to the mix! :eek:

I must be out of my rabbit-a** mind!

Last edited:
I'm taking 6 supplements :D :

Puritan's Pride Super Biotin 5000mg
Sundown High Potency B&C Complex
Shen Min Hair, Skin, & Nails
Shen Min Hair Nutrient
Bamboo Silica
MSM 1000mg

I was poppin about 10 pills daily. Until.............................. I noticed I was gaining weight. I stopped and my weight is back to normal. Now I only take a mulitvitamin and flaxseed.

I am currently taking HF37:
2 step one daily
6 step two daily
2 Herbal booster daily
2 biotin (500 mcg)

I don't take anything right now. I may start taking my daily vitamin again soon. Right now, I'm chillin' and just using good food for my vitamin and minerals. :)

Multivitamin- one capful mixed with water once a day
Biotin - 5 mg 1/day
MSM 1000 mg - powder - just started this about 2.5 weeks ago, so far so good

Back