How many pills/supplements are you popping??

How many supplements/pills are you popping?

• Just one!

Votes: 78 12.2%

Votes: 103 16.1%

Votes: 98 15.3%
  • 4+

Votes: 361 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right now I am taking Puritan Pride Supplements.
Biotin 1000mcg
MSM 500mcg
B-100's
I was also taking Nature Valley biotin(1000mcg) but ran out recently.

Puritan Pride is having a sale and I will be purchasing the:
-Biotin 5000mcg
-Super B Complex
-MSM 500mcg (They make you breakout I heard so I'm scurred to get a higher dosage):p
-Whey Protein mix
-I also want to try the hair,skin and nails vits from GNC or the Hair Nourisher
Hopefully I will see way more growth in shorter amounts of time!

Puddles said:
[size=+1]1. Green SuperFood powder mixed w/ protein shake

***Green SuperFood contains

Wheat grass, Alfalfa powder, kelp, Spirulina, Cracked-Cell Chlorella, Brocoli powder, Spinach powder, Flax seed powder, & more.
[/size]

I take a green superfood powder also and mix it with blueberry green tea. I also add ground flax seed to one meal each day.

Other than that, ~ six per day:
1. Advanced Nutritional System multivitamin (Rainbow Light)
2. Garlic
3. Fish oil
4. B vitamins
5. Papaya enzymes
6. Biotin

vikkisecret said:
Right now I am taking Puritan Pride Supplements.
Biotin 1000mcg
MSM 500mcg
B-100's
I was also taking Nature Valley biotin(1000mcg) but ran out recently.

Puritan Pride is having a sale and I will be purchasing the:
-Biotin 5000mcg
-Super B Complex
-MSM 500mcg (They make you breakout I heard so I'm
scurred to get a higher dosage):p

-Whey Protein mix
-I also want to try the hair,skin and nails vits from GNC or the Hair Nourisher
Hopefully I will see way more growth in shorter amounts of time!

I thought it was high levels of Biotin that made you break out, not MSM??

I'm not currently taking any supplements. I just haven't wanted to cough up the money for them. When I was using them (Centrum Performance and Biotin) I didn't notice any change in my hair. But I should start taking them to supplement my less than nutritious diet.:ohwell:

I am taking enough to have the FDA come knocking on my door or enough to consider myself a pharmacy (at least thats what mama says)

MSM
Biotin w/ silica
Silica
Codliver/Flaxseed Oil
Exotic Allure
Panathonic Acid
Multi Vitamin
Evening Primrose Oil

Once Exotic Allure runs out I plan to replace it and try Hair Enegizer Vitamin. I have ordered PP's Super Hair, Skin, & Nails and I am thinking of adding PP's chewable protein tablets.

P.S. I have also started Parastroy to clean out my system.

I take one supplement for body, hair, skin and nails by Nutra Choice. I know its working because my nails are hard and healthy and my skin is doing much better. The hair is growing as it usually does.

I have been taking a daily vitamin and vitamin c for a while, but I don't use that for my hair. I have been taking MSM for about 8 months, but I switched to MSM crystals.

I also added Lysine for the amino acid factor. No real reason why i picked that one, though. The bottle saids that Lysine supports Collagen mantainenance so I thought it might with my skin, too.

So I will say 2.

I did not really notice any faster/thicker growth until I switched to the MSM crystals and added the Lysine.

My hair has been growing faster and people have actually noticed.

But, I am not quick to attribute the faster growth to the supplements totally. I also started using Qhemets Herbs and Sulfur on my scalp a couple times a week. It could be from that. I am not sure.

I just started taking two supplements this past week:

(1) a multivitamin that does not contain iron [Life Force Multiple - 2 tablets a day]

(2) HSN-W - hair skin & nails - (they suggest three capsules twice a day -- I have only been taking three capsules a day) [Nature's Sunshine]

I am not a pill taker usually, but I thought I would try these for my general health and to see if they help with hair health and growth.

I started out taking
  • biotin 1mg 3 times a day
  • silica 3times a day
  • Hair skin nails 3 times a day
This combo works great for me!! then I switched HSN to Prenatal. The growth rate is defintely not the same so I am going back to Hair Skin and Nails with silica/biotin. My nails growing my hair on my head and every where else! (like my chin):eek:

I just got keep my eye on things!! so to answer the question 3 a day 3times a day with my meals.

4 once a day with breakfast or lunch + MSM powder (when I feel like it)

-Multi Vit for Women
-Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg
-Super Biotin 5000mcg
-Flax, Fish & Borage Oils 400mg of each

ETA: My eyebrows have filled in...they are sooo thin naturally(now I don't feel the need to fill them in ever), and my eyelashes have gotten longer...the hair on my head is doing well too!

Last edited:
I try to keep it simple, and take three... a women's mulivitamin, B-12 (which is also supposed to help me with my mood/anxiety) and vitamin E.

I was thinking about getting flaxseed oil capluts, but would rather buy actual flaxseed (to sprinkle on my salads or toss on cereal).

I take:

trader jors wmens formuls- muiltvitamin and mineral for hair skin and nails 3X DAILY

trader joes MSM 1000 mg 3x daily

evening primrose 3x daily

flaxseed capsules 1000 1x daily

falxseed in liquid form 1 tablespoon at nite

*when my flaxseed caps are gone , I will probably just use the liquid

I'm currently taking flax seed oil, and silica. I also just started taking a mix that contains powdered kelp, spirulina, flax seeds, alfalfa grass juice, oat grass juice, etc. I'm thinking about dumping the flax oil and just get flax seed instead to sprinkle over food.

I take 4 supplements but in 8 caplets.
1 Multivitamin
1 1000mg biotin
2 500 mg MSM
3 500mg Silica

I voted "just one", cuz' I'm taking silica gel daily(1 tbp.=420 mg). I'm thinking of buying some Viviscal soon.

I stick to just 1, my multi-vitamin If I try to take any more than 1, I won't do it on a consistent basis.

Back