How Many Of You Are Not On A 'hair Journey' Anymore?

I just restarted my hair journey in September after taking out my braids. While I was in braids I missed my hair and missed taking care of it. My hair used to be so healthy, thick and shiny when I lived in Philly, and I'm trying to get it back to that. So far I've seen a great improvement in my hair. It holds styles longer, and its a lot thicker and more manageable. I did jump on a couple of bandwagons when I restarted my hair journey like shampoo bars, apple cider vinegar rinses, clay masks, Cassia etc. I stopped using most of them. Right now I'm just sticking to Cassia and Bentonite Clay masks. I wash and deep condition every week. I even have a hair diary app that I use to keep track of my hair regimen and take pictures of my hair every couple of months to see progress.

I'm on a hair styling journey. My natural texture has made me dependent on salons and/or wigs. I want to look presentable with my own hair without it taking forever.

This year I want to learn a new style each month. Eventually I want to stop wearing wigs all together.

i'm over it...

when my hair grows back i am going back to my stylish cuts and what not. i was known for them.

i did the long shampoo days...hated them; i did the biotin..finally got rid of the dark spots...i hated protective styling...milk braids or whatever they were...hated them...so now i shampoo condition and i try to eat healthy and workout when i feel like it and take care of my hair especially when i use heat...another thing...my hair loved heat...i want to wear wigs in the event i have a bad hair day...eventually stop all together.

I just restarted my hair journey in September after taking out my braids. While I was in braids I missed my hair and missed taking care of it. My hair used to be so healthy, thick and shiny when I lived in Philly, and I'm trying to get it back to that. So far I've seen a great improvement in my hair. It holds styles longer, and its a lot thicker and more manageable. I did jump on a couple of bandwagons when I restarted my hair journey like shampoo bars, apple cider vinegar rinses, clay masks, Cassia etc. I stopped using most of them. Right now I'm just sticking to Cassia and Bentonite Clay masks. I wash and deep condition every week. I even have a hair diary app that I use to keep track of my hair regimen and take pictures of my hair every couple of months to see progress.
One of the funnest things about my new hair cut is figuring out how to enhance my curl pattern. I've been LOVING clay rinses. I have never seen the curls pop like this! Some of them are big and some of them look like tiny pensprings. I just love it!!!

@NaturalEngima, how are you liking Cassia clay? So far I've only used Bentonite clay. I'd like to try Rhassoul but haven't paid attention to Cassia.

I like Cassia, its not as drying as Bentonie clay. I get different results from each treatment. For cassia my hair feels stronger, thicker and my curl pattern is enhanced, but for Betonite it just cleans my hair really well and let's my products work better. Betonite makes my hair dry/stiff for a while though which I don't like. I'm thinking about adding something to it or pre-pooing beforehand. I use Bentonite clay once every two months and Cassia once a month. Do you add anything to your Bentonite mask or prepoo?

One of the funnest things about my new hair cut is figuring out how to enhance my curl pattern. I've been LOVING clay rinses. I have never seen the curls pop like this! Some of them are big and some of them look like tiny pensprings. I just love it!!!

@NaturalEngima, how are you liking Cassia clay? So far I've only used Bentonite clay. I'd like to try Rhassoul but haven't paid attention to Cassia.

Back