How Many Of You Are Not On A 'hair Journey' Anymore?

I'm still growing may hair long I'm just not being so aggressive about it 1) because I know what products/techniques work on my hair and 2) I've gone from wearing my hair straight most of the time, to boxed braids. Life got really busy and it was easier to leave it in braids which brings me to 3) leaving my hair alone is actually the best thing for my hair.

I honestly have no clue how long my hair is but I know I'm almost full BSL and some parts are MBL. Until I switched to braids full time, I couldn't seem to get past APL. The last time I flat ironed was in November and that was the only time in 2015 that I did. I've got a couple events this year I know I'll straighten for but otherwise I'm sticking to braids.:yep:

I'm still growing may hair long I'm just not being so aggressive about it 1) because I know what products/techniques work on my hair and 2) I've gone from wearing my hair straight most of the time, to boxed braids. Life got really busy and it was easier to leave it in braids which brings me to 3) leaving my hair alone is actually the best thing for my hair.

I honestly have no clue how long my hair is but I know I'm almost full BSL and some parts are MBL. Until I switched to braids full time, I couldn't seem to get past APL. The last time I flat ironed was in November and that was the only time in 2015 that I did. I've got a couple events this year I know I'll straighten for but otherwise I'm sticking to braids.:yep:

Same here. I'm sticking to sengelese twists - I am due to have my baby in two weeks and just got some installed today. I foresee me getting another installment which will put me at having them for 4 months. Will take a short one week break in between but that's it.

I always took great care of my hair but the only difference is, I used to go to a hair stylist that closed her business. She was very good to my hair. It flourished when she took care of it but now I simply deal with it myself. I admit, I don't do half as much as I did when I first joined lhcf with all the growth aids and oils, I use mostly vitamins for that now.

I have some Njoy hair oil that I'm trying hard to use up quickly and when that is finished, I will not be purchasing anymore. I am trying to grow my hair back to bsl and when that is accomplished, I will be done with this journey. I'm currently at APL, so I imagine that'll be at the end of this year.

Then I will mostly be in the fitness forum concentrating on getting my body together like it used to be some years ago.

ETA: I've big chopped three times since 2012 and already at APL again so I know it wont take long to get to BSL, which is my ultimate length goal. If I reach MBL, that would be awesome too but no longer than that.

Last edited:
I am a relatively new natural who previously enjoyed long relaxed hair. So I will be on a journey until I get my length back.

My hair care routine is pretty regimented and not time consuming, so I am just coasting until Lola gets to WL and beyond.

Unfortunately, last year I was not able to be a fanatical about purchasing new products or growing out my tresses because of my father’s medical issues (prostate cancer survivor of 6 ½ years only to be diagnosed with colon cancer). Being one of two primary caretakers for him meant that I had to neglect my hair because I was juggling too many things and unfortunately something had to give. I’m now at WSL because I needed a major trim in December but I’m hoping that this year to be firmly in the HL camp and will be able to maintain it.

Last edited:
Oh I am very much still on a hair journey. And I'm still as fanatical with my hair since the day I found this board and realized that I've been doing it all wrong!
I will continue to be very neurotic and obsessive when it comes to my natural hair until I can claim a WHIP length. That way, when I leave PS land, I could easily maintain my hair at WL.

The information that stylists know nowadays compared to when I first joined is amazing! So I feel like I can trust them to look after the health of my hair. When I first started my journey they were all about relaxing every 4 weeks; flat ironing every day and not to trust 'them white products'.
Not me not at all. I only trust DevaChan salon. I live outside of Philly and plan to return to NY once a year to keep things in check. I'm not even looking for a stylist in my area.

Anyway, I am no longer on a journey. I kicked product junkyism, narrowed down my arsenal of products, and I know what will work from a look at the ingredient list. While growth is welcome, I'm more focused on healthy hair and cultivating hair definition.

I've never been on a hair journey. I came to this site initially to get advice on how to keep my hair healthy and stayed because of the good info available here. I plan to big chop this summer and go natural again. And even then, As long as my hair gets long enough to put in a pony tail I'm good...

I don't know if I'm on a hair journey or not. I still like to purchase products, particularly rinse-out conditioners and serums, but I have a quick and easy routine (all done in the shower except for blow drying) and my hair isn't long but it's healthy so I suppose if it keeps growing like it is it'll get to wherever it's going to go.

I'm definitely on a skincare journey now. I really like my skin and I'm always looking for effective yet simple ways to keep it healthy and maintain it. The next thing will be my diet so I can improve my overall health.

I lost interest about a year ago. I still maintain healthy practices in terms of deep conditioning, moisturizing etc. But I'm no longer on a journey. I still don't have long hair after 8 years of being on this site and I'm ok with it as long as what I do have is relatively healthy. To be honest, I prefer my own hair to be short. pixie cut short. That will probably be my next style after I'm tired of the weave.

I think I will always be in a hair journey in the sense that I will always seek to have healthy hair or achieve styles with hair health as a big consideration. Sort of like fitness or eating.

I remember back in the day the health of my hair was never a consideration when "fixing" it.

That's pretty much me. I haven't done a length check in forever, I last straightened it in September 2014, and I don't even remember DCing anytime in the last 9 months. I finally did a teeny tiny dusting trim about a month ago, and that's about all the maintenance I've done in like 6 months.
As long as it's clean, I'm over the rest for now. I'm thinking of actually making a budget just for salon visits. I'm over doing hair at home, to be honest, but I'm also over buns and the like.

My hair is at least BSL, and probably MBL (just from tugging on it in the shower). It's hard to say without straightening. My final goal is WL.
I'm still growing my hair out but I think I'm over the whole journey thing for a while. I was just trying to figure out a salon budget yesterday. I'm tired of doing my hair. I'm going back to doing what I did when I first started on the hair boards. Cowashing and wash n go and call it a day. Once I find a good stylist I'll be going to the salon for everything else.

I'm kinda just coasting at this point. I always took good care of my hair, but the 'journey' part was growing my super fine relaxed hair past apl. (Pre- hair board, probably cuz I kept chopping it all of as soon as the ends started getting raggedy= often. :look:) I transitioned for two years and promptly cut it into a short tapered cut. :lol: I'm ps'ing with crochet braids until I grow it out, so I'm really not making any extra effort at all. Lazy, just barely MHM on those rare occasions it's out. :lol:

Meh. I'm not on a hair journey really i'm just taking care of my hair. I never understood those that have long wash days i'm too lazy for that. I've been keeping it simple and wearing wigs with my hair braided underneath.

Back