How long were you with your DH b4 engagement?

lesedi

All is well with me
This is a spinoff of the LTR thread...
Just thought it would be interesting to know how long you all dated before you became a fiance. And for interes's sake- how long was your engagement?

Thanks ladies

Wow! How did you know that he was the one? Hope that's not being too intrusive. Thanks for the oxtail recipe btw!

Hey Chica :wave:
Where have you been?

Honestly, it was compatibility. We were compatible in every way, my family loved him and we shared the same views on marriage, education, money, and child rearing. With him I did not have to compromise anything.

Hey Chica :wave:
Where have you been?

Honestly, it was compatibility. We were compatible in every way, my family loved him and we shared the same views on marriage, education, money, and child rearing. With him I did not have to compromise anything.

I've been lurking mostly. I'm trying to finish up my last semester of school, so my schedule is horrible.

I saw your roadtrip pics, and I definitely see what you mean about compatability. You guys look so happy! :-)

I don't think I've ever met anyone that I felt was 'the one'. I've felt like they had potential, but that's about it. I guess I'll know like most people do -- we'll see. My sister said she knew her husband was the one too.

Please keep posting on your blog especially more recipes.

three years of dating for us before he proposed in march... and then we got married december the same year.

A little over a year (like almost 3 months). Turns out at the year mark he ordered the ring as it was custom made it took a couple months. And in May I was in cannes for over two weeks, then flew to visit my mom from there, so he was dying trying to come up with a way to get me to see him (fly up) so he could propose instead of waiting until grad school started back (in Sept).

The hold up on the engagement is my fault. He wants to asap. But I wanna plan :) . Right now it's a little over a year too ( ha!)...however I may push it six more months so that we can have a longer honey moon (as school will be over and we can get away for over a month which will be sweeeeeeet). Though we already set a date and ordered save the dates, I may change them. It will still be in the year and so (under two year) mark either way (the engagement)....depending on the factors above which I'm nailing down now.

4 years..I met him as a freshman in college(he was a sophomore) and we married 8 months after graduation. He saw me in class before I ever knew he existed LOL(he said he knew I was his wife).....we didn't meet until a few weeks later when he asked me to dance at a party. We went on a date sometime later and I'd like to say the rest is history but I told him we could never be more then friends after that date.LOL

As fas as marriage, we just sort of decided to get married one day, and we did, 3 weeks later!:lol:

Last edited:
DH and I dated for about 2 years before getting engaged. We got married within 5 months of are engagement. :)

Dated for 3 1/2 years then he proposed. We were married 5 months later. Neither one of us wanted a long engagement.

January 2007: started dating
April 2009: got engaged
May 2009: we eloped. didn't invite anyone. but several friends and family members tagged along anyway
July 2009: positive pregnancy test
March 2010: our son arrived! (yeah, go ahead and do the math. we had a honeymoon baby!!! :blush::blush: )

Things moved very fast. But I also met my husband in 2002 when we worked at the same TV station. We were friends for five years before he moved back and we started dating.

We dated for 11 months before he proposed. (We started looking at rings 4 months after we met, and he purchased the ring 8 months after we met.)

We will be engaged for 13 months once we get married next June, and at that time we will have been together for 2 years.

We were together 2 1/2 yrs...... and 6mths to the day our dd turned 6mths.... June 18th :)

Began dating Jan 2008
Became engaged June 18th 2010
Getting married Oct 9th 2010

Last edited:
We were together for 3 years before we got engaged

ETA: We got married 4 months later ;-)

Last edited:
Back