how LONG is the avg head of hair @ ur salon?

envybeauty

i recently went to my fav dominican salon for a blowout (blue moon special occasion arose). while there, i noticed that the average sista was walking out with SL hair or shorter. a lot had hair that chin/nape length (above SL basically). it was not always like that. way back when, sistas would walk out with hair APL or longer. Quite a few had BSL. One sista would have the rest of us drooling over her WSL hair. not anymore :sad:

i am considering changing up my spot. i like "hands that grow hair" :look:

Mid back. but one of the stylists is waist lengh she cannot do a touch up to save a damn. ***** underprocessed me the last time.:wallbash:

Mine. Actually not being cocky or anything like that. Well if we are talking dominantly black ladies. She does other races hairs but black ones im it. And im barely shouder length.:(

Well, I go to a Tony & Guy salon, and the avg. length is probably APL. Most of the customers are white, but my stylist is black, and natural. She's SL, btw.

At my mother's salon, it might be SL. A lot of the women have chin length hair. I noticed the first couple of times I went with her, I just never thought anything of it. :ohwell:

Well, I go to a Tony & Guy salon, and the avg. length is probably APL. Most of the customers are white, but my stylist is black, and natural. She's SL, btw.

At my mother's salon, it might be SL. A lot of the women have chin length hair. I noticed the first couple of times I went with her, I just never thought anything of it. :ohwell:

I don't go to a salon anymore (I'm scared), but the last one I went to was a joint barbershop and beauty salon. I was waiting for my friend to get his hair cut and was looking around. I had almost the longest hair in there and my hair is not that long. The average was above shoulder.

Mid back. but one of the stylists is waist lengh she cannot do a touch up to save a damn. ***** underprocessed me the last time.:wallbash:

:lachen: on here that translates to: texlaxed! texlaxing is supposed to result in longer, stronger hair.....not that i'd pay someone to underprocess me....just throwing a silver lining out there.

The longest (Dominican and Black salons) were in the SL range. I think I saw one at almost apl

Well I go to a "name brand" salon so there's a whole bunch of folx from different backgrounds with different lengths of hair. I WILL say that the black folks tend to have neck length or shorter hair.

Ugh... most of the African American stylists have terrible techniques at said salon. FffffffFine-toothed combs to style, using gel to make slick styles... ugh. I don't get it... no movement at all with the hurr.

bra strap or mid back. also the ladies with sl hair is really thick and healthy looking. almost everyone there is natural

:lachen: on here that translates to: texlaxed! texlaxing is supposed to result in longer, stronger hair.....not that i'd pay someone to underprocess me....just throwing a silver lining out there.

I wish :lachen::lachen: the underproceesed (textlaxed hair) is sandwiched between straight roots and straight ends.

I see all kinds. TWA, Chin, neck, shoulder, apl, bsl and longer. My stylist is good with hair, she cares about the health rather than the style. This is a black salon for the most part. But stylists are only half of it. We have to do the part of taking care of it at home.

On average, APL. BUT most of the girls come in there fro styles not for maintenance. Im talking gel it up weave it up, glue it up, fry it up styles. Tobe honest me and my mom were talking about hair the other day. She and I agree that now more than ever we see people with longer hair.:yep: I think it may be better products.

SL and shorter....and my stylist told me that she wants to keep it that way...so I'm on my way out...

Between Apl and BSL, One lady has beautiful WL hair, majority of the ladies have natural hair cause that what the owner/main stylist promotes, her hair is apl.

The stylist I go to has a few customers bra strap and I have only seen 1 with mbl...The rest of the ladies that come in want weaves only.....:perplexed

My old salon had ladies with all different hair lengths and textures, but every single one of them had a full healthy head of hair. I remember my stylist used to give this white lady with classic length hair the most amazing blow outs! Since I moved, my new salon has women with mainly SL or shorter hair. Even the stylists themselves have chin length or shorter hair that is all scragly and thin :perplexed.

It's funny because I can tell that all eyes are on me when my stylist is blowing out my hair. At my old salon, my hair length was nothing special, but in this new one, everyone wants to get a weave that looks like it...:rolleyes:. For that reason, I am going to start making the 1 + hour trek back to my old stylist in NYC. I only go to get my hair relaxed and colored every 3 months, so it is worth the trip :grin:

I go to a Black American salon. The lengths vary..My stylist has BSL.I have SL hair and I don't think I would happy with anything past APL. I think alot of Black women, like myself, just don't want to be bothered with long hair, we find it easier to deal with shorter length hair. For me personally, once it gets past APL, it would get too annoying to deal with.

Not very long at all. A lot of the heads have short hair cuts and color. Very unhealthy looking hair. They're getting their hair blow dried and curled with the marcel iron. Maybe barely shoulder length hair. Honestly, there are not many impressive heads at the salon I go to. It's a husband and wife business. What I notice is my stylist (the husband) tend to rollerset most of his clients and the wife does blow drying and curling iron on her clients. Now her hair is on point. Midback and healthy. Her hubby does her hair.

When I go to my white girl, APL and beyond and all of her clients, w/the exception of two, are black. At the Dominican spot it's the full range from chin to waist, including the little girls.

Hmmm...when I USED to go to salons most of them had an average of between chin and at APL length hair(mostly bi-racial) - but their hair was ALWAYS overprocessed and very flat- me no likey:nono:

I got a marcel iron fry-up with spritz and a 3-inch "trim" everytime I went to one and not even into a style - so now NO ONE touches my hair but me- I will go in for a rollerset - if I haven't figured how to get a PIBBS in the UK by Dec...

I see a handful of people come in with BSL length or longer and most have short cuts. So, I think the avg length is about SL

Back