How long have you been heat free?

JenJen2721

I've been heat free for over 6 months now. I had my hair flatironed ONCE after a relaxer in the past 6 months actually, but my hair is feeling softer than ever. And healthy!

Just thought I'd share.

Any more heat-free ladies out there?

Since Tuesday.
laugh.gif

It's too dang cold for wet hair.
sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
Ive used heat twice since August, pretty good, I really cut back!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!

I've been heat-free for 1.5 years, since I became chemical-free.
I used a blowdrier once, on low, to do a trim. But I've since found it's easier to do my trims when I do small two-strand twists and just snip off the ends. And as for flat irons/hotcombs, etc., I have no interest.
So, no more heat for me!

Good for you, girlie......I have been heat free for eight years now..........you will see that not using direct heat on your hair is going to make a world of difference in the appearance of your tresses.

take care....

All i wanted to know is what is exactly is heat free?
Is heat free no sitting under hooded dryer with conditioner and plastic cap?
Is heat free no roller setting under hooded dryer?
Is heat free no hot oil treatments?
Help a sista out!

TIA

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Help a sista out!

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]
I think heat free means no blowdryers,flat irons or curling irons.I don't think it applies for deep conditioning treatments.

Ive been heat free a little over a year in terms of hooded dryers, curling irons and blow dryers. Heat caps for conditioners I do though but nothing more than that.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
How do you do it with all that hair?!!!
shocked.gif
notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i leave it up to my hair stylist whom i trust......
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
How do you do it with all that hair?!!!
shocked.gif
notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So does your stylist style your hair without heat?

i leave it up to my hair stylist whom i trust......
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

About 10 hours. I know that sounds bad, but it just seems like I can get my hair looking decent in the morning without some heat. Ever since I've gone back to school my hair has started breaking again ( Because when I was on vacation I cut out the heat completely).

I been heat free about 2 hours....lol. I can't leave heat alone!!!!!!!

Hatin on the heat since December. Don't plan on using any heat (pressings or flat ironings) until April,just to see how much longer my hair has gotten.

Since May or June 2002. But, I had a couple of trims since then in which heat was used to straighten the hair before the trim. I had never imagined that I could manage my hair without a blowdryer with comb attachment, pressing comb or a curling iron.

I've been heat free since December 26, 2003. I may go under the dryer in the future like for something big. I also might get my hair hot combed for something big. But, not now.

[ QUOTE ]
channy89 said:
About 10 hours. I know that sounds bad, but it just seems like I can get my hair looking decent in the morning without some heat. Ever since I've gone back to school my hair has started breaking again ( Because when I was on vacation I cut out the heat completely).

[/ QUOTE ]

Send me a PM. It was really hard for me to give up heat, too. But I was finally able to, with some good advice. Let's talk about it!

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Help a sista out!

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]
I think heat free means no blowdryers,flat irons or curling irons.I don't think it applies for deep conditioning treatments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's what it means for me too!
smile.gif

Back