How long does your hair stay moisturized?

tropical-punch

I'm just wondering because I'd like to go at least 5 days without having to re-moisturize my hair. I'm thinking maybe porosity is a factor but I don't have my Porosity Control with me know to test that theory out. Anyway, I'd like to know:

1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized?
2. What types of products are you using to moisturize?
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)?
4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)?

5 days?!?! Wow!

I need to moisturize each day, sometimes twice a day. I wear my hair out 95% of the time now. I just spritz some water to dampen my hair and added Bee Mine Luscious moisturizer. I added some this morning too.

I have no idea about our water, other than it is not "hard".

I do not use any porsoity products.
I'm 100% natural and I have BKT if that matters.

Last edited:
If I keep it in my chosen protective style, I can go up to 4 or 5 days (although I rarely do out of sheer paranoia).

If it's out, every other day.

ETA: Sorry didn't see the other questions.

Dudley Q's PCA Moisture Retainer

3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)?
Hard

Never

Last edited:
Since I don't use moisturizer when in braids (eg all year), I'll answer this w/r/t when I'm wearing my hair out:

After wash day, which is when I moisturize, my hair stays moisturized until the next time I wash my hair. It's usually after 3 or 4 days, but if I didn't wash my hair, I'm sure I could go on longer. I just get a headache if I wait too long w/o washing my hair.

I use only one product: S Curl No-Drip Activator Spray. If I don't have it handy, my backup is Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 spray.

I usually use filtered water, but since we moved, I haven't yet researched a filter that fits my clumsy shower so I just use regular VA water. I don't know how hard it is, but it definitely is softer than other hard water I've encountered.

I do an ACV rinse at the end of every wash.

I definitely need to go back to my Hawaiin Silky. It leaves my hair moist even after it's dry.

I keep trying other products but I need to just stick to what works.

I use only one product: S Curl No-Drip Activator Spray. If I don't have it handy, my backup is Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 spray.

I can go about 3 or 4 days.

It depends on how I'm wearing my hair if I moisturize it anyways, whether it needs it or not. If I'm wearing it out, I may only add a little oil over a water-based moisturizer at night, before wrapping. If I'm wearing it in a bun (phony) I will spritz, add a creamy moisturizer and a little oil, daily.

ETA-

I have a decent quality of municipal water. I have a Vitamin C water filter in the shower, and I use that water for my moisturizing spritz.

I have been using ACV weekly after DCing or Roux PC.

Last edited:
1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? I'm usually good for a day, but justfor a little extra i moisturize twice a day.
2. What types of products are you using to moisturize?Infusium 23, and doogro.
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)?sSoft.
4. How often do you use a porosity product Not as often as I would like.

Last edited:
3 days when airdried. 4-5 days when heat styled.
Hydrotherma Naturals Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion
Regular city water
I don't use these.

1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? I think I can go every 3 days...I usually rewash if not every day then every 1-3 days
2. What types of products are you using to moisturize? I leave a little bit of AO GPB conditioner after a co-wash, apply gioanni or KK leave-in, then I will apply a small small amount of KKCC
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? You know I dont really know....
4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? Not often

1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? After I wash and airdry my hair it can go 3 to 4 days before I need to moisturize it. If I rollerset, I have to dry I have to moisturize the next day.
2. What types of products are you using to moisturize? Joico silk results conditioner for fine to normal hair, castor and wheat germ oil to seal
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? Not sure, I guess my water is normal
4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? once ever 4 to 6 weeks I use Joico kpak cuticle sealer, I use this as a part of the k-pak 17 min miracle treatment

off topic: How do you distinguish between the hair needing moisture vs needing shine? I guess when I see my hair looking dull, I immediately think it needs moisture vs shine.

1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? Requires daily moisturizing.
2. What types of products are you using to moisturize? NTM silk leave-in.
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? Not sure.
4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? Never (as of yet).

Glad I'm not the ony one who needs daily moisture. I was starting to think I was doing something wrong.

I do wear my hair out 95% so I'm sure that is part of the reason that I need to moisturize daily.

off topic: How do you distinguish between the hair needing moisture vs needing shine? I guess when I see my hair looking dull, I immediately think it needs moisture vs shine.

1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? Requires daily moisturizing.
2. What types of products are you using to moisturize? NTM silk leave-in.
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? Not sure.
4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? Never (as of yet).

24 hours.... but I always wet my hair in the shower and that brings it back to life instantly!''
Water, Aussie Moist condish, Nexxus Humectress condish, Hawaiian silky 14-in-1
Idk... a couple of years ago my dad got a whole house filtration system installed.... so w/e whater that is.
nevahs... except for that one time I randomly used ACV

Last edited:
1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? My hair usually stays moisturised until the next wash; which is a wk (sometimes I wash sooner but it averages a wk). I think the reason my hair doesnt need moisture throughout the wk is because I prepoo overnight before I wash and then after I shampoo I deep con with a moisturising dc.

2. What types of products are you using to moisturize? Deep cons for prepoos and dcs...(at the moment I love ao hsr, white chamellia, kbb luscious locks hair mask) and leave ins (giovanni direct leave in) I always seal with a butter or oil (avocado butter, JBCO)

3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? regular tap water

4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? I dont use any.

1. About a week. (It helps that I keep my hair twisted instead of out and about.)
2. Shea butter mixed with coconut oil, aloe vera, grapeseed oil.
3. I think it's soft water.
4. Once in a while, ACV. Always blast with cold water after wash.

I can go 3 days without additional moisture.
I use various products & techniques to moisturize in my quest for the HOLY GRAIL :yep: Sometimes it's water & oil only sometmes i'll spray some Aphogee Green Tea, moisturize with pure shea butter & seal w/ EVOO. If i'm bunning I might Juice it with some CFCG or a heavy hand of Softee or DAX grease.
I have no idea ! I live in NYC .
EVERY time I wash or DC

5 - 10 days, I usually wash every 5 - 10 days and I usually don't moisturize in between washings. I made put something on my nape if it becomes dry. I usually wash and conditon once my hair becomes dry.

If I can't wash and deep condition I'll use either some qhemet brudock root cream, keracare cream headress or hairveda almond glaze on my ends and nape.

I use tap water

never

Last edited:
36 hours tops, half way into the 2day my hair needs more moisture.

HE Long term relationship Leave-in as mostiurizer. Most of my moisture comes from co washing with suave aloe & water lily and tresemme moisture rich. Lustersilk as dc.

Soft

4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)?[/QUOTE]
every 3-4 weeks probably, not set in stone.

My hair is coarse to medium. I can go long with out mosturizing if I do braid outs, for some reason my hair holds moisture better that way.

Two days, tops.

Scurl, aloe vera gel, HE Frizziness Leave-In Creme, HE Hello Hydration for co-washing, QH Cholesterol Conditioning Cream and honey for DC, Seal with oil. I also baggy every other night. That helps a lot.

Soft.

Don't think I do.

1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? After I wash and airdry my hair it can go 3 to 4 days before I need to moisturize it. If I rollerset, I have to dry I have to moisturize the next day.
2. What types of products are you using to moisturize? Joico silk results conditioner for fine to normal hair, castor and wheat germ oil to seal
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? Not sure, I guess my water is normal
4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? once ever 4 to 6 weeks I use Joico kpak cuticle sealer, I use this as a part of the k-pak 17 min miracle treatment

Hi can you tell me where you purchased the joico kpak miracle treatment.

I'm good for about 2-3 days after I wash and DC. After that 3rd day I have to moisturize nightly.
I just started using Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream and I LOVE IT!
3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? I have hard water.:nono:
4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? Currently I dont use if very often. usually its the week before I relax and the week after I relax. I ve only done an AVC rinse once.

abt 3 days - but I have have have to wear my satin scarf every night. The only time my hair stays this long un-juiced is just after I've re-twisted and I want to keep my twists unshrunken :yep:

use the chiroco method
step 1. gylcerine/water/aloe juice mix (last night I used kimmaytubes leavin mix and I noticed my hair was mor moisturized this morning)
step 2.HE LTR
step 3. home madewhipped shea butter (shea, avocado and olive oils)
:lick:

3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? umm ... I dunno. I know my water isnt terrebly hard but Ive nvr tested it and I dont use a filter

4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc) umm maybe once every 2 months. but I really should use it atleast once per month. I use roux porosity control

1. How long can your hair go before it needs to be re-moisturized? - 2 days, my hair gets really thirsty.

2. What types of products are you using to moisturize? - I'm Using ORS Olive Oil and Hair Fertilizer - sometimes Silk and coconut oil and argon oil

3. What kind of water do you have or use to wash your hair (hard, soft, distilled, etc.)? - N/A

4. How often do you use a porosity product (roux, acv, etc)? - Don't own any

-Every other night. But I get the best results from moisturizing 5-6 days a week as long as I don't apply too much. If I apply it heavy and keep it rolled up I will skip a day.

- I use warm water, VO5 moisturizing conditioner and oil (currently olive oil, rosemary and basil mix.) :lick:

- Any clear liquid that comes out of my faucet.

- Never.

Answers in red. :yep:

I enjoy my hair but sometimes I wish I only needed to moisturize once a week and KIM. :look: So I do quick light moisturizing sessions 20 minutes before bedtime and braid it up into 4 sections.

Glad I'm not the ony one who needs daily moisture. I was starting to think I was doing something wrong.

I do wear my hair out 95% so I'm sure that is part of the reason that I need to moisturize daily.

My hair seems to soak up moisture. I'm sure my protein/moisture balance is not the best. I'm very new at this HHJ. Once I get my prod stash on point, I'll focus on protein/moisture balance---one step at a time.

I don't think I ever updated. So I tweaked my reg just a bit.

To moisturize (on damp hair only):
I spray my hair with Wave Nouveau Finishing Mist
Apply EVCO
Seal with Africa's Best Herbal Oil

I get at least 4 days in between moisturizing. Coconut oil works very well for my hair. It helps to keep it moisturized and soft. I also upped the DC to 1x per week (was being lazy and would do 1 every 2-3 weeks.)

Back