HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOUR NEWGROWTH TO COME IN

Nanyanika

After relaxing? I've just had a relaxer two days ago, and i've been using my growth concoctions along with taking all my supplements. when i was was transitioning with natural braids i would see a good amount of growth at less than 2 weeks, how long does it usually take you relaxed ladies to see growth. I hope my hair doesn't grow in slower since relaxing...we'll see anyway.

den1 said:
how much growth do you normally gain within that time frame?
1/4 an inch this is w/o proper nutrition and protein. I haven't watch my growth lately, but I know I was putting anything in my mouth including those cheap ole oddles of noddles(not much protein at all...)

Last edited:
Judging by the rating of this thread. I see someone thinks my question is crap. "I DON'T BUSINESS...EACH TO THEIR OWN"

I used MTG right after my last relaxer (phyto) and i felt new growth a week after. Without MTG it would take about 3 weeks.

Plenty706 said:
1/4 an inch this is w/o proper nutrition and protein. I haven't watch my growth lately, but I know I was putting anything in my mouth including those cheap ole oddles of noddles(not much protein at all...)
Thanks for replying, when i don't eat healthy my grow rate slows down, i'm trying to stay away from packaged foods and eat my more healthy things, hopeflly my vits will help keep my hair healthier too.

zoj2 said:
I used MTG right after my last relaxer (phyto) and i felt new growth a week after. Without MTG it would take about 3 weeks.
WOW that's excellent news i used my sulfur oil mix the same day of my relaxer, i hope i have just as good results as you. how often do you apply your MTG?

zoj2 said:
WOW that's excellent news i used my sulfur oil mix the same day of my relaxer, i hope i have just as good results as you. how often do you apply your MTG?

den1 said:
Judging by the rating of this thread. I see someone thinks my question is crap. "I DON'T BUSINESS...EACH TO THEIR OWN"
Girl, dont even worry about it. :) You should see the new growth at the same rate as you did before, only now it will be more noticeable because of the two textures. It will be much easier to gauge growth now that you are relaxed.

That was before I started taking vitamins. I've only been taking them for the last few months and I'm about 5 months post relaxer. I'm not sure how long it would take now that I'm on the vits though.

naturallady said:
Girl, dont even worry about it. :) You should see the new growth at the same rate as you did before, only now it will be more noticeable because of the two textures. It will be much easier to gauge growth now that you are relaxed.
Thanks Caisha, i was concerned about the relaxer going through the scalp and messing with my growth cycle, that's why i used my nioxin stuff to remove any residues. i should be fine then. congrats, your having you baby in a few days, you must be relieved and excited.

bmoreflyygirl said:
That was before I started taking vitamins. I've only been taking them for the last few months and I'm about 5 months post relaxer. I'm not sure how long it would take now that I'm on the vits though.
Thanks for replying

den1 said:

I've been applying it twice a week for the last four weeks, but I took a week off because I was on spring break. I think I overprocessed during my last relaxer because my hair was so limp and lifeless, but now its back to it thickness thanks to MTG. I even got a compliment on its thickness yesterday and believe me, it was not that way four weeks ago. I also CO wash twice a week, and I am going to continue this until May. I want thick shoulder length hair by then!

den1 said:
I never pay any attention to the ratings until someone mentions it...*shrugs* oh well...just keep moving Den

My newgrowth used to come in around 4-6 weeks as well....it came faster(about 2-3 weeks) when I greased my scalp with nothing but Sulfur 8

zoj2 said:
I've been applying it twice a week for the last four weeks, but I took a week off because I was on spring break. I think I overprocessed during my last relaxer because my hair was so limp and lifeless, but now its back to it thickness thanks to MTG. I even got a compliment on its thickness yesterday and believe me, it was not that way four weeks ago. I also CO wash twice a week, and I am going to continue this until May. I want thick shoulder length hair by then!
Your doing soo well, i hope to acheive the same results like you, i'm also co wash only once week. i currently do not have a hair length goal. My main concern is that my hair is healthy and maintains a good growth pattern. I just want to be reasurred that the relaxer won't prevent a good growth, since i had scalp issue with the lye relaxers.

onepraying said:
I never pay any attention to the ratings until someone mentions it...*shrugs* oh well...just keep moving Den

My newgrowth used to come in around 4-6 weeks as well....it came faster(about 2-3 weeks) when I greased my scalp with nothing but Sulfur 8
There's certainly something in that sulfur. thanks i feel very encouraged

den1 said:
Your doing soo well, i hope to acheive the same results like you, i'm also co wash only once week. i currently do not have a hair length goal. My main concern is that my hair is healthy and maintains a good growth pattern. I just want to be reasurred that the relaxer won't prevent a good growth, since i had scalp issue with the lye relaxers.

Your hair is lovely! I'm sure you'll have continued success!

den1 said:
After relaxing? I've just had a relaxer two days ago, and i've been using my growth concoctions along with taking all my supplements. when i was was transitioning with natural braids i would see a good amount of growth at less than 2 weeks, how long does it usually take you relaxed ladies to see growth. I hope my hair doesn't grow in slower since relaxing...we'll see anyway.

Woww:eek: congrats Den i just realized you permed your hair! i like it both natural or permed it looking good and i m happy you like it! but wow it remained thick and shiny;) :D

ekomba said:
Woww:eek: congrats Den i just realized you permed your hair! i like it both natural or permed it looking good and i m happy you like it! but wow it remained thick and shiny;) :D
Thanks!! hey remember i'm on still on our challenge til december don't leave me it out because i crossed over lol.

den1 said:
Thanks Caisha, i was concerned about the relaxer going through the scalp and messing with my growth cycle, that's why i used my nioxin stuff to remove any residues. i should be fine then. congrats, your having you baby in a few days, you must be relieved and excited.
You will be fine. You should still maintain your astronomial growth rate!!

But yes, I am too ready to deliver this child!

I see new growth (1/4") two weeks after I relax, but this is only when I take a glass of orange juice (vitamin C) with a multi vitamin and msm on a daily basis :yep:

Last edited:
THANKS DEN FOR POSTING THIS QUESTION,I TOO RECENTLY RELAXED AFTER BEING NATURAL FOR OVER 6 YRS.I WONDERED ABOUT THE SAME THING.I STARTING PUTTING A CONCOCTION OF ELTA TRIVASE(MICONAZOLE NITRATE) CREAM,WITH FLOWERS OF SULFUR POWDER,ULTRA SHEEN GO NATURAL POMADE AND A 'LIL BLUE MAGIC COCONUT GREASE.MIXED THAT REALLY GOOD AND APPLYED TO SCALP.I'VE BEEN DOING THAT FOR 2 WEEKS NOW AND MY NEW GROWTH IS COMING OUT SOFT AND WAVY.I WOULD SAY ABOUT A 1/4 INCH SO FAR.AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR NEW PICS.....JUST AMAZING SHINE YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :)

den1 said:

Well, I don't think your question is crap. :kiss: My growth rate didn't change when I relaxed. I saw and felt new growth about 2 weeks after my touch-up.

I usually don't notice anything for about 3 weeks or so. I take nothing but my regular stuff which I have for many many years. I wouldn't worry too much unless you started noticing your hair coming out. (btw your hair is lushious!:love: ) I don't think that hair stops growing ever, you just notice it a lot less when you're relaxed.

Now that its getting warmer I do see much faster growth, you may also.

-A

If I don't use anything on my scalp it takes about 4 weeks or more.

I have been applying Neosporin AF (MICONAZOLE NITRATE cream) on my scalp and I can see it after 2 weeks, less in some spots.

But, still I don't think you should worry too much. It just may be less noticeable.

Also Den, you braided a lot, right. When I braid my NG always seemed more noticeable.

btw, your hair is so pretty!!!

LADIES, I can't believe that after 8 days i noticed newgrowth, my hair was relaxed bone straight, but my scalp was very sore and itchy and i felt strong waves, i posted some pics of after 11 days post relaxer.

Last edited:
Back