HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOUR NEWGROWTH TO COME IN

beadedgirl said:
THANKS DEN FOR POSTING THIS QUESTION,I TOO RECENTLY RELAXED AFTER BEING NATURAL FOR OVER 6 YRS.I WONDERED ABOUT THE SAME THING.I STARTING PUTTING A CONCOCTION OF ELTA TRIVASE(MICONAZOLE NITRATE) CREAM,WITH FLOWERS OF SULFUR POWDER,ULTRA SHEEN GO NATURAL POMADE AND A 'LIL BLUE MAGIC COCONUT GREASE.MIXED THAT REALLY GOOD AND APPLYED TO SCALP.I'VE BEEN DOING THAT FOR 2 WEEKS NOW AND MY NEW GROWTH IS COMING OUT SOFT AND WAVY.I WOULD SAY ABOUT A 1/4 INCH SO FAR.AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR NEW PICS.....JUST AMAZING SHINE YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :)
WOW we seem to be on the same road, I apply my sulfur oil with surge, and wet my scalp daily with homemade concotions and my scalp its spurting growth. I was thinking of trying MICONAZOLE NITRATE, i'm waiting for more postive experiences first.Thanks for the compliment.

sareca said:
Well, I don't think your question is crap. :kiss: My growth rate didn't change when I relaxed. I saw and felt new growth about 2 weeks after my touch-up.
Thanks serica, what i noticed was when i had first texturizer my hair continued to growth quick, until i stopped taking all my vits, then my rate slowed down, however i will remain consistent with my regime and i should be fine, I will relax only 2-3 times a year to keep my scalp healthy, the chemicals tend to make it dry.

Arcadian said:
I usually don't notice anything for about 3 weeks or so. I take nothing but my regular stuff which I have for many many years. I wouldn't worry too much unless you started noticing your hair coming out. (btw your hair is lushious!:love: ) I don't think that hair stops growing ever, you just notice it a lot less when you're relaxed.

Now that its getting warmer I do see much faster growth, you may also.

-A
Thanks for replying, and your right the warmer weather tends to make my hair growth in quicker.

HoneyDew said:
If I don't use anything on my scalp it takes about 4 weeks or more.

I have been applying Neosporin AF (MICONAZOLE NITRATE cream) on my scalp and I can see it after 2 weeks, less in some spots.

But, still I don't think you should worry too much. It just may be less noticeable.

Also Den, you braided a lot, right. When I braid my NG always seemed more noticeable.

btw, your hair is so pretty!!!
your absolutely right, when i wear braids i notice my newgrowth more becvause they become quite loose in no time. now i have to feel my roots for any sign of kinks to know if there is growth, or take pics. Thanks for the compliment

Usually it takes three weeks, but after my last touchup it seems as if my vitamins are finally kicking in since it's only been a week and there is DEFINITELY new growth, i'm not imagining it! I'm not crazy... I swear:look: .

SohoHair said:
Usually it takes three weeks, but after my last touchup it seems as if my vitamins are finally kicking in since it's only been a week and there is DEFINITELY new growth, i'm not imagining it! I'm not crazy... I swear:look: .
I belive you, my hair has grown in just 11 days, must be the vits.

den1 said:
WOW we seem to be on the same road, I apply my sulfur oil with surge, and wet my scalp daily with homemade concotions and my scalp its spurting growth. I was thinking of trying MICONAZOLE NITRATE, i'm waiting for more postive experiences first.Thanks for the compliment.

Hi den1, :)

Your hair is very pretty! I notice new growth after one week, and about 1/4 inch after two weeks. I was noticing this growth speed before I started supplements.

I started using MTG last week (twice a week). I was wondering if I should dare use my Surge along with it! :eek: Would it be the same as you using sulfer oil?

Thanks! :)

SohoHair said:
Bless your heart!! Despite my earlier statement I did feel maybe just a wee bit crazy:spinning: .
Thank you!! and your not crazy, I even put pictures up to prove my growth rate.

Doll said:
Hi den1, :)

Your hair is very pretty! I notice new growth after one week, and about 1/4 inch after two weeks. I was noticing this growth speed before I started supplements.

I started using MTG last week (twice a week). I was wondering if I should dare use my Surge along with it! :eek: Would it be the same as you using sulfer oil?

Thanks! :)
Hello Doll,
I also use my surge daily and the sulfur oil mix twice a week, the MTG is very simalr to my mix, and works exactly the same along with surging. Thanks for the compliment your too kind.

Within the first week after coloring my hair line, I have growth. In two weeks I have about 1/4 inch. That particular area grows in fast. The rest grows slower. Bonjour

I average ¼ every two weeks...BTW, Den1 that braidout w/the coconut oil is absolutely stunning!!

Den1, first I must tell you that your hair is gorgeous, as usual! :rosebud: :drunk: :rosebud: :drunk: :rosebud:

My overall hair type is 2b/C/iii, while some of it grows straight, but the majority of my hair is wavy. This is why it's not very easy for me to tell where my new growth is.

MY SO measures the length of my hair and he says that it's growing at a rate of 1 inch a month. :perplexed I don't know about that! :nono: I always assumed that it was probably, the average 1/2 inch per month, like most people. If what I think is correct then, I would average 1/4 inch of NG every two weeks.

Last edited:
Back