How i achieved the PERFECT ROLLERSET

beana

Last night i did something a lil different in preparation for my atlanta trip... i used very little product and my hair is so light and airy and it feels good!!! my hair is smooth, shiny and boucing everywhere!!!

I lathered oncewith diluted shampoo, did a 10 min conditioner with a plastic cap, and rollerset my hair only using a nickel sized amount of serum throughout my whole head (no leave in). I'm going to do this from now on because this looks better than any salon rollerset ive had... id take pics but my camera is packed away, but trust me it looks great and everyone has commented on how i have that "pantene" hair!!!!

ive been rollersetting my hair for years and sometimes id get really good shiny swinging bouncy curls and sometims ill just get a bend at the ends... Today is definitely one of the top 3 rollersets ive EVER had.

Thanks for sharing this. I needed to be reminded to use less product. I'm always inclined to use alot when styling my hair because I feel it will be dry otherwise. But it always turns out bouncier and nicer both with rollersets and braidouts the less product I use :D

ITA! :yep: That's how I do my rollersets - with just a nickel-size leave-in and I spray distilled water as I go along to re-wet it. I love how bouncy & thick my hair is

Beana, congrats on such a successful rollerset! When I have a nice and bouncy hairdo, I have an extra switch in my step. :lol: Have fun on your Atlanta trip...be forewarned: it is crazy HOT in the "A" right now, so do what you can to protect that bounce from the heat.

Thanks ladies!!!

I purchased some serum yesterday to hopefully counteract the hot weather atl's been having... LadyEsquire, i hear its blazing!!!

OMG YES
I too had a good rollerset yesterday. But I used a nickel sized amount of Salerm 21 and rewet parts that were drying with water. My hair was bouncing everywhere.:lachen:
Macherieamour said it the best. Less is more.

Thanks for posting this! I'm loving my rollersets but they have been coming out a little crispy. I was thinking of leaving out the foam wrap lotion, but now that you posted I will surely give it a try next time. Have a Blessed and safe trip!:bye:

This is how i've planned to do my set this weekend. I have been in braids for a month. I am so ready to get rid of these things and set my hair.

I was thinking of using just my fermodyl leave in and serum. I may put just a teenie tiny bit of Qhemets Olive cream on the ends.

Thanks ladies for all the well wishes on my trip and the "hair support"!!!

I used FX silk drops serum.. i just picked it up from Duane Reade yesterday and it was a big 4oz size for just $5.99... plus it seemed to have the best ingredients amongst the other serums (even though they're all basically similiar).

Back