For those who rollerset.........

atlien

What leave in do you use to rollerset?

I need a good leave in conditioner for my rollersets. Something that will make my hair soft, bouncy, shiny and flattens the new growth. I am looking for something that does not contain protein. My hair does not like a lot of protein. Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

I use Giovanni Direct; I thought you were using it too.:confused: It makes my hair very bouncy.

eta Sorry, I got you confused with atlien11. Sorry, sweetie.

I actually use two. Razac Leave-in diluted with water and and about a quarter sized amount of Salerm 21. Salerm 21 contains silk protein, but it leaves my hair really soft.

My hair doesn't like too much protein either. I've been using Biolage Matrix Leave-in (watery) or Nexxus Headress (creamy). I plan to get Giovanni Direct Leave-in to experience what a lot of ladies here have enjoyed. From Macherieamour's Blog, I've learned to use less leave-in and lots of water when rollersetting for the bounciest curls. :)

I use a little Nexxus Humectress. And I agree w/ Isis---a little leavin and a lot of water makes great rollersets.

I like Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Salerm 21 for my roller-sets. I learned of these two products courtesy of the ladies on this board and they both work very well.

Am I the only one who loves lottabody? I use a touch of Giovanni as well but I find that lottabody gives me the smoothest sets. Also adding oil to seal the leave in helps a lot too.

crlsweetie912 said:
LACIO LACIO and Salerm :) great results every time even on hair that is 2-3 months post relaxer.
How do you use these two? Mix together with water? or one or the other mix with water? How much per curl dime or quarter size? Thanks

I rollersetted for the first time a couple of days ago...I dont have any pics for this one ...but I used Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine along with castor oil...and it came out great. My curls had a lot of shine and were bouncy. Doing it again tonight !!!...will take pics.

I let my hair drip dry then I sprayed on infusium 23 leave in conditioner. Next, I clapped the section I wasn't rollersetting out of the way. Then I used mango butter on my ends and rolled my hair. I rewet sections with a spray bottle when necessary. I was suprised how nice it came out. I also used LIV and that came out smooth and bouncy also.

Am I the only one who loves lottabody? I use a touch of Giovanni as well but I find that lottabody gives me the smoothest sets. Also adding oil to seal the leave in helps a lot too.

I also use lottabody. I find it makes my curls last longer. I also use oils to seal in the moisture. Right now I am using Lisa's Elixir by Carol's Daughter because I like the smell but I have several that I alternate when I rollerset.

crlsweetie912 said:
i mix together with water in a spray bottle!
Ok, about how much in small spary bottle a quarter amount each about?

Thanks, I just want to get it right will be rollersetting beginning next year. Looking forward to the adventure and I know I will have to try a few times to get it right. Thanks again!!!

Isis said:
My hair doesn't like too much protein either. I've been using Biolage Matrix Leave-in (watery) or Nexxus Headress (creamy). I plan to get Giovanni Direct Leave-in to experience what a lot of ladies here have enjoyed. From Macherieamour's Blog, I've learned to use less leave-in and lots of water when rollersetting for the bounciest curls. :)

:grin: :grin: Thanks girlie!!!!! i love leave-in and water too!

Back