How fast did your 'relationship/romance' progress?

How fast did things move?

• It was love at first sight! A whirlwind romance from day one!

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • It went at an average pace

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • We took our time

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were engaged after 1 month. We were married 4 months after that. So, 5 months total from meeting to marriage. We've been married coming on 16 years now. :)

Mine tend to go slow. I'm suspicious of whirlwind type things. Things never go well when I'm head over heels b/c then I don't vet as well.

My current:
August '08-met at orientation. We were friends, but seeing other people at the time.
Feb '09-First kiss.

I don't remember our first date. We had been out alone together so many times before it really became of anything. We really were just a friendship that just grew into something more.

July '09-we became exclusive.

we've always been all romantic and mushy since day one (of us getting reaquainted) .

But because we had both been very hurt in the past we FORCED ourselves to take it slow. "forced" because if we didnt use any caution....we probably would've been married right away! lol.

Starting dating 8/07
officially together 12/08
engaged 10/09
wedding date set in 12/2011

For our own personal reasons & several details that have to be worked out (WITHOUT the unsolicited advice from our very intrusive extended family and friends), we haven't anounced our engagement yet. Only immediate family knows. Which is fine with me :)

we met: 6/30/09
first date: 12/4/09
first kiss: 1/1/10
told me he loved me: 1/11/10
became exclusive: 1/15/10
will meet the parents on 3/27/10
he said he will do everything in his power to make sure i have a ring on my finger & his last name by: 1/15/11

things did progress quickly. but when you have a deep connection with a person, & you guys are on the exact same page about EVERYTHING, &, most importantly, you both are 100% sure that the other person is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with... & you both can't imagine growing old with anyone else in the entire world... i think it's okay :)

I voted "other" in the poll since my relationship was a combination of slow and fast. When I first met my FH things moved pretty slow, then quickly sped up after a few months.

I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, but after the first date everything was like a whirlwind.

For me, my better relationships have always started more like a whirlwind. Either I'm into them or I'm not. It's usually not sexual or overemotional, just a sense that "this is right".

Back