How Does One Go About Cultivating A Rich Inner Life?

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Brother Zac Poonen said that you show God you love Him by obeying Him outside of church. Seems like sometimes, once you step outside of the church building, all hell breaks loose. But how does one hold on to that hope we get after hearing a good sermon? Someone said that marriage is a never ending conversation. And since we're His Brides, I was wondering: how can we keep the conversation going with Him throughout the day? Not just praying obsessively, but just having candid conversations with Him all day in our hearts? So far I've made a 'think list' so I can dwell on good things throughout the day, but I still feel defeated in my inner thought life. Images from the past and all sorts of chaos stirs up in me from time to time and debilitates me. Help me out please.

“For me, prayer is an aspiration of the heart, it is a simple glance directed to heaven, it is a cry of gratitude and love in the midst of trial as well as joy; finally it is something great, supernatural, which expands my soul and unites me to Jesus.”
Thérèse de Lisieux

“The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily
do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm.
If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”
Thérèse de Lisieux

“Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.”
Thérèse de Lisieux

I used to stress over this because I was trying to compare myself to others and others encouraged that. What I had to realize was that my journey is only built for me. No one else is on it except me. Therefore, little sacrifices are on my path. Being a spiritual giant means cultivating the smallest of flowers.

I definitely pray daily and keep an attitude of gratitude. For without God none of these blessings can happen. I get some alone time regularly and just relax and let my mind unravel the tangles and unwind myself. I also bind Satan because he can cause distractions and make one lose focus.

I used to stress over this because I was trying to compare myself to others and others encouraged that. What I had to realize was that my journey is only built for me. No one else is on it except me. Therefore, little sacrifices are on my path. Being a spiritual giant means cultivating the smallest of flowers.

So true! I have met some inspiring people, and it's hard not to compare, but we have to remember that our journey or walk with God is just that--ours. He made us unique individuals for a reason, and there will never be another one of you or me, so we walk with Him and give Him all our love.

Back