How do...

nisha2004

How do you ladies clarify your hair. I mean...what are your steps? Clarifying shampoo...moisturizing shampoo...deep condition? And when do you know your hair needs to be clarified. How often? Thanx alot!

I try to remember to clarify at least once a month or whenever I notice product build up. My hair doesn't react well to the traditional shampoo then condition routine, so I condition first, clarify, use a moisturizing shampoo and then use my leave-in.

I use Creme of Nature Clarifying Shampoo followed by Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed hair. Then I follow that up with my conditioner.

I usually try to clarify at least 1x every 2 weeks just for the sake of maintenance.

Otherwise, I go by the feel of my hair. For instance, after my last wash I left my conditioner in my hair as a leave-in/styling product. My hair just ended up feeling gooey with extra build-up by the time I was scheduled to wash 3 days later. Elasta QP is a really gentle shampoo so I knew that it wouldn't remove all of that by itself. So I started with the clarifying shampoo first.

I clarify about once a month or once every six weeks.

I use clarifying shampoo (Redken Cleansing Cream or Nexxus Aloe Rid) and I follow up by deep conditioning.

I use Keracare First Lather (clarifying shampoo) once or a month or whenever I use too many products on my hair and my hair feels stiff: um: i just clarify and then use a moisture conditioner: Clarifyin poos are like regular poos: but they're just mainly for cleaning purposes:

I wash twice a week and clarify once a week with Suave Daily Clarifying poo. I use Suave for the first lather then use Sallys generic version of Nexxus Therappe to finish up. After poo'ing I condition with Porosity Control, rinse and DC for 20 minutes w/heat using ORS Replenishing mixed with Sallys generic version of Nexxus Humectress.

I clarify weekly because I use a lot of products on my hair. I'm doing a touch-up tomorrow so I've been increasing my protein use for the last 10 days. I did not clarify this week and will skip clarifying until the second wash, about 10 days, after the TU.

My rountine:

clarifying poo -> moisturizng poo -> deep conditioner -> conditioner
It's good to use a moisturizing poo after clarifying because it takes away moisture and you need to replenish it. I just clarify every shampoo which is about every 3-5 days.

Last edited:
nisha2004 said:
How do you ladies clarify your hair. I mean...what are your steps? Clarifying shampoo...moisturizing shampoo...deep condition? And when do you know your hair needs to be clarified. How often? Thanx alot!

I only clarify once every 4-6 weeks. I'll also do it if I have straightened my hair and used a lot of cones or mineral oil or petroleum based products.

My step is just to use a clarifying shampoo (2x) then continue as usual w/ conditioner.

I only clarify every 2-3 months with baking soda added to my shampoo, deep condtion, and apply a leave in mixed with aloe.

I clarify (with either ACV or Keracare first lather), use my regular shampoo (either CON green bottle or Keracare hydrating and detangling), and THEN use my conditioner.

I do this as needed.

Starr1 said:
I only clarify every 2-3 months with baking soda added to my shampoo, deep condtion, and apply a leave in mixed with aloe.

I'm loving that braid.

I clarify once every couple of months or when I feel I need it. Steps are Clarifing poo and deep condition and reg condition.

Back