How do you wear the wet, scrunched look?

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Where are the pictures, Chaya??
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah!! Come on, Chaya!!
Flahssssss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

MAN!!! MY digital Palm Camera is acting GHETTO right now. It wont let me upload my photos! My dad is trying to fix it right now! Although he has good intentions, it'll probably be more broke when he's done with it!!

I have my hair in rollers now. Its time for that weekly roller set to get ready for corporate america tomorrow!!

However, I am going to steal my dad's camera and take some update pictures this week.

Im going to chicago this weekend to so Ill be getting my hair done by my favorite *cheap* beautician and I will be doing a scrunch before Saturday dance classes. So look out for new pictures next Sunday!!

Thanks AGAIN tracy. I had that ISLAND GIRL LOOK
bdance.gif
today! My boyfriend said I looked like Jennifer Beals last night and today he said I looked like a little Indian! I told him " Im 1/8 and 3/14 CHEROKEE!" He was bustin up!

I like the look totally. Last night I wore it down with the bra strap headband. I dont think Id' use so much product anymore. Although it HOLDS the curls I dont like my hair to feel crunchy!!

I will be attempting this again next weekend so like I said before look out for pictures
Flahssssss.gif

congrats on achieving the cute look
looking forward to the pics

Katie I was wondering how this would work too- i have more waves than curls when wet- experimenting seems fun though.

okay so I'm confused. I have 4a/b hair but when my relaxed hair is wet it is wavy/curly. So will the scrunch work or will I end up looking like who shot ya?

[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
So will the scrunch work or will I end up looking like who shot ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

I end up like this most of the time anyway. My hair looks so suave when it's damp and waved up, but the minute it dries, GOOD GAWD!
sekret.gif

All product recommendations for that are gladly welcome.
laugh.gif

I definitely think this is a great alternative look for those weekends when you want to looks exotic and natural!

Only thing is that it DOES take some work to achieve. I think I was looking in the mirror a lil' too much! I was worried I was starting to look like Chaka Khan minus the curl!

Hmmm, okay I've done something like this with elasta qp penetrating moisturizer, but my hair had to stay constantly damp and I felt like I looked like I had a jheri curl so I'll have to try this with the dream curls on a weekend in case I end up looking like who ran over the cat

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
I definitely think this is a great alternative look for those weekends when you want to looks exotic and natural!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
smile.gif
Last summer my BF told me that I look exotic when I do my wash n go.
grin.gif

Im gonna sport this one this weekend for the dance classes so I wont have to look bohemian with that dam scarf on!! I hate being the only balck chick in the class and on top of that I look like Im supposed to be on a mardi gras float with the scarf on! Im kinda looking forward to it!! They probably wont recognize me WITHOUT the scarf!!

Tracy thank you SO MUCH!!! I have officially found my summer style! I did not follow the exact instructions and I am still working on finding the perfect product combo, but this works for me. I am doing this for the fourth time now. The first time I washed with keracare shampoo and I used Dove intensive daily conditioner because it is a light weight conditioner. I towel dried and then applied some Elucence moisturizing conditioner along with a little mango butter. I let it air dry a little bit and then used the dream curls and a light serum. Then I did not touch. My curls came out pretty good. The second time I decided to try it with a better serum to define the curls more. So I got the keracare serum. I did a condition only wash, same conditioner and then, before I put in the Elucence conditioner I used some surge (which I really like). this time I did not let my hair airdry first, and applied the dream curls and then the serum. I went a bit overboard because my hair was too heavy and took forever to curl up. But eventually I got some nice curls. Now the next day, I did not wash my hair. I spritzed with surge, then the dream curls and that was it. The curls looked great! Although they got dry by the end of the day it was a nice style. So today I have modified again making sure to not do too much product on the hair and applying dream curls when my hair is a little drier. It makes the process go faster for me and the curls seem to work better in the end. Oh, another variation for me. I used wave clips in the front of my hair instead of the scarf. My hair is jet straight in the front and curls in the back. So I never need to work on the back curl. the front and the crown are the problem. So I clamp the hair in the front with about 5 wave clips (gently so I don't pull the hair) and let it do its thing. That way I get a nice little wave in the front of the hair. For the final stlye I just take a big barette and clip the top hair up and let the rest hang out. My official summer style! I am so happy I tried this. Especially because I am finding that the surge is working to stregthen my hair and this allows me to add it to my daily hair routine.

Thanks again, Tracy!

hi, i also love the wet look and it tends to be a summer favorite of mine. i tend to do a lot of the same things everyone else has suggested but i also take a hair claw/clip and pin my hair up for about 10-20 minutes after i put my creams/gels/mousse or whatever on. then i take the clip out and use a blow dryer on a low setting to help with the scrunching and drying process. i use the clip because i have very long hair and it tends to go sort of straight once wet, so i use the clip to help mold it into the pre-scrunch phase. i also use the dryer because it gives it more of an s-pattern and more defined curl. i hope this helps.

Your welcome to all....

I'm glad to see so many people mastering their own personal wash and go technique. I did it today and I got the Island girl comment too. I also had and elderly black woman say within ear shot - "Look at that child walking around with her head all wet!!!! (I go out with mine saoking wet at times) She's gon' catch her death of cold...."
laugh.gif
Momma's, momma's everywhere...
laugh.gif

/images/graemlins/orders.gif CVS has the Frizz Ease Line on sale until the end of today for $3.99 for each product! Get it while it's HOT!

Back