How do you wear the wet, scrunched look?

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Yeah, Profectiv's Break-Free was a really good creme to scrunch with on damp hair. Plus, it's a leave-in. I may end up going back to it.
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I bought the Break-Free recently and it works pretty well at keeping my twistout moisturized, so maybe it would work well for the wash n go too.
smile.gif
(I'm glad now that I bought the big jar!!!) That stuff is pretty darn good!
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
no...ok here's the link...

http://public.fotki.com/almostzoe/curls/

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl Your Hair is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!! If my scrunch looks half as good as yours I'll be so happy!!! Your hair is so pretty Im jealous!!

I just bought the Dream curls today and I have my dumb blonde reconstructor in my hair now. I should be scrunching in the next hour!! I will report back lata!!!

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
how do you scrunch??

[/ QUOTE ]

You just take handfuls of your hair (from the ends up) and scrunch your hair up (to encourage the ringlets). To tell you the truth, when I do my wash n go, I don't scrunch much until my hair is maybe halfway dry... With the Dream Curls, the hair will curl up on it's own as it dries
smile.gif

Don't be jealous pumpkin... (but thank you for your kinds words)
smile.gif
Follow those directions! I posted that soaking wet pic so people could see what I start out with...not at all spiral curls...Nah mean?
laugh.gif

I'm SURE it will work for you....
smile.gif

Make sure you don't start the scrunching while it's still to wet...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
I should be scrunching in the next hour!! I will report back lata!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do that, Chaya!! And, I'd LOVE to see a pic!!
Flahssssss.gif

Also, I agree with you!! Tracy has the PERFECT looking wash 'n go!! I have to do a twistout with rollers on the ends to get those kinds of curls/ringlets!!
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
how do you scrunch??

[/ QUOTE ]

You just take handfuls of your hair (from the ends up) and scrunch your hair up (to encourage the ringlets). To tell you the truth, when I do my wash n go, I don't scrunch much until my hair is maybe halfway dry... With the Dream Curls, the hair will curl up on it's own as it dries
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cosigning. I wait until it's even drier thsan that.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
I should be scrunching in the next hour!! I will report back lata!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do that, Chaya!! And, I'd LOVE to see a pic!!
Flahssssss.gif

Also, I agree with you!! Tracy has the PERFECT looking wash 'n go!! I have to do a twistout with rollers on the ends to get those kinds of curls/ringlets!!
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

kiss.gif

No you don't...wait a little longer to scrunch!
trampoline.gif

laugh.gif
Sorry I'm feeling silly tonight.
laugh.gif

You know how you feel like jumping on the bed sometimes?
smile.gif
That's me right now....
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

No you don't...wait a little longer to scrunch!
trampoline.gif

laugh.gif
Sorry I'm feeling silly tonight.
laugh.gif

You know how you feel like jumping on the bed sometimes?
smile.gif
That's me right now....
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
Nah, chica -- that aint gonna do it for me!! I WISH it was that easy!!! But I'll try it!!
wink.gif

OOPS I think I should have waited a little longer to dry. Its only about halfway- 60% dry and I sprayed the dream curls and started scrunching. It doesnt look horrible just not like yours. Should I wait to scrunch more or start all over?

I spray the Dream Curls in when my hair is WET... then i let it dry for a while, and start scrunching when it's almost dry...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Does Dream Curls make your hair sticky?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it doesn't hairlove... But if you use too much, it can feel slightly crunchy after it dries...
crazy.gif
The trick is to use just the right amount, so that the hair stays soft.

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
can 4A/B people do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine so!! (I don't see why not!!)
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I spray the Dream Curls in when my hair is WET... then i let it dry for a while, and start scrunching when it's almost dry...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When it is time to start scrunching do you have to use a hand held dryer to get the scrunching style to stay?

I might try this for a summer protective style along with my braidouts,

Question, does the hair become ctangled when it dries?
I ask, because what if you wanted to do styles with the scrunchie look

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
can 4A/B people do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

karonica does, shes 4a, you cant have your hair bone straight. so if its relaxed bone straight with no curl, i dont think any product will make it curl or scrunch

I'm a 4b and I wouldn't say I have bone straight hair but being a 4b means no curl pattern whatsoever for me.So I don't think this is for me.My wet hair has no sort of wave to it at all.

I might as well try it nothing else to do. I will do it after my fresh rollerset wears out, which will prolly be next weekend.

What kind of products should be used. I have a slight curl, but as long as my hair isnt too frizzy, it should come be good hopefully

Update:
Chaya's Hair was too cute last night! It was a little crunchy after it completely dried because I think I used to much!
But it was curly WITH ringlets ( THANKS TRACY) and it is still cute today although I AM wearing a pony tail right now. I will try this again today I would like a fresh look this morn. Thanks again!

[ QUOTE ]
sexycaramel03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When it is time to start scrunching do you have to use a hand held dryer to get the scrunching style to stay?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't use a dryer at all when I do this style. I just let it air-dry as the day goes on. I suppose if you were doing this style in the winter, you'd want to use a dryer. I tried the dryer one time with the JF Ripple Effect and my hair came out like a bush...
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
Question, does the hair become ctangled when it dries?
I ask, because what if you wanted to do styles with the scrunchie look

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely wouldn't try putting a comb through it
nono.gif
But you can put it up into an updo if you want
smile.gif

For products to use, check the beginning few pages of this thread.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Update:
Chaya's Hair was too cute last night! It was a little crunchy after it completely dried because I think I used to much!
But it was curly WITH ringlets ( THANKS TRACY) and it is still cute today although I AM wearing a pony tail right now. I will try this again today I would like a fresh look this morn. Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

clap.gif

Try running about a teasppon of serum through the hair after it's completely dry Chaya...if I use too much (though I do recommend spraying the Dream Curls liberally and counteracting that with serum and styling cream in equal amounts while the hair is still wet) that's what I do.
wink.gif

But not too much handling...

And pull up the front so it's half up, half down if you run into issues with the curl at the front - I STILL have trouble wearing my hair all out when it's curly. I use a tiny claw clip the same color as my hair to achieve that look. It blends right in.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same. My hair is almost soaking wet when I apply all of the products. I do it right out of the shower. Then I let it dry a little before I touch it and get to scrunching...
smile.gif

Back