How do you use your heat protection?

When do you apply heat protection?

• I apply heat protection and rollerset/braid,letting it dry into my hair before straightening.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I spray/apply RIGHT before straightening.

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • I let it dry into my hair and re-apply more before straightening.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

clever

Hi ladies,I'm curious as to how everyone applies heat protecting serums/sprays before using direct heat.

Also,add your preferred thermal serum/lotion/spray.

Last edited:
I am curious too...I am so paranoid about messing my hair up that I think I really overdo it sometimes...I'll apply some to the whole head and then dab some on each section b4 passing the flat iron over it....I use Chi silk or fantasia's heat protecting serum

I am curious too...I am so paranoid about messing my hair up that I think I really overdo it sometimes...I'll apply some to the whole head and then dab some on each section b4 passing the flat iron over it....I use Chi silk or fantasia's heat protecting serum
I know girl.I normally apply nexxus with my leave ins and then rollerset/dry and THEN flat iron.Once I tried it by applying right before I straightened but I kept thinking I was burning my hair.:look::lachen:

This is what I do. I use it for my rollerset, and since it was hot and sunny the past 2 days, I sprayed some on my hair to protec it from the sun's heat.

i apply beyond straight when my hair is wet and then apply Chi silk infusion or iron guard just b4 i am about to flatiron. the results are light and airy superstraight hair with no sizzle

I use it before drying my hair and then I spray each section when I use the curling iron.

I apply Chi Silk Infusion as an initial heat protectant to wet hair after my leave in, and then I rollerset my hair. After I take the rollers out I spray the Chi thermal protection spray on my roots and then hit my new growth with a blow dryer or flat iron.

Back