can I use a heat protection spray even without heat?

teysmith

Wow! I purchased some Silk Elements Olive oil heat protection spray and it smells soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! not only that It give my hair great shine and makes it feels nice and soft! lately I've been using it just as a daily hairspray instead of a heat protectant so I want to know if this is an okay thing to do? I hope so because I love this stuff!! And I dont use heat to often...

It really depends on the ingredients. Like if it has a lot of cones in it, when you go to moisturise your hair it may block the moisture. I used to use aussie hair insurance for my hair perfume lol

I use a heat protectant after I DC every week. For me, it also acts as a straightener - makes my hair smooth when I air dry.

Yes you can. Some are good for protecting your hair in extreme heat. For example, if you live in AZ were you hair may be exposed to a lot of direct sunlight. The natural elements like the sun's rays or the wind are just as harmful to the hair as direct heat or a blow dryer. Trust me after I spent a week in AZ my hair was dry as the desert I was visiting from that sun.

Back