How do you use your castor oil?

prettygrl

I just bought castor oil, because I have read so many posts where the ladies here raved about it.

But, I just realized that I don't really know what to do with it.

I am currently wearing my hair down, in a bob, and I don't want to weigh it down w/ a lot of product.

Any suggestions?

So far, I have thought about using it on my edges...

It's great for softening the ends. Also, if you have a thinner oil such as Coconut Oil, you can mix the two and use it to oil/massage your scalp. :) HTH

That is a good question. I have the pure, unrefined cold pressed kind available at some health stores. I use mine primarily on my eyebrows and eyelashes because it really does grow them and make them thicker. I use it on my nape area, on the scalp and hair both. It's too heavy to put on my hair daily although my Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade's primary ingredient is castor oil. It's mixed with other essential oils so it's goes on very light. I can use this daily, if necessary.

There is something very special about castor oil and I feel everyone can benefit from having this as a staple item.

Here are two good threads about castor oil also:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=3660&highlight=castor

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=2291&highlight=castor

I use it as a pre poo treatment (see my profile) and I also use it on my ends. It's a staple for me.

i use castor in my scalp and split ends treatments... for my split ends treatment, I break it down with jojoba and olive oils and a tiny bit of aloe vera gel....works like a charm!!!!!!

I also use it as a pre-poo treatment. I liberally apply it to my scalp, place a plastic cap on and sit under the heating cap for about 30 minutes. Then I shampoo it out.

I finally bought some castor oil after reading the great things its doing for a lot of ladies hair, and I think I have a keeper! I got the clear, odorless & colorless kind and it was like under $2. It's so thick so I mixed it in a bottle w/ distilled water and s-curl, shake it up to blend and then apply all over my hair right after I do a CW. I don't even need to use my smooth & shine hair polish anymore, for some reason the oil gets rid of my usual frizzies :yep: and it makes my waves and curls really shiny :cool:

I use mine as a deep conditioner along with the Lekair Cholesterol! Makes my hair so soft and slippery! :)

SherryLove said:
i use castor in my scalp and split ends treatments... for my split ends treatment, I break it down with jojoba and olive oils and a tiny bit of aloe vera gel....works like a charm!!!!!!
How do you mix the aloe vera gel with the other products and does it stay together? I once tried to mix the melted shea butter and aloe vera gel and it burst the container it was in!

I love castor oil. I wear it on my ends all the time. Sometimes I wear it straight, and sometime I mix it with coconut oil, peppermint oil, jojoba oil, and lavendar. My ends alway stay really straight. No frizz at all.

I like to mix my castor oil with other oils. I have a big bottle of oil mixed with so many oils that I have totally forgot what is in it. :p

Back