• To moisturize.

Votes: 43 14.9%
  • To seal.

Votes: 203 70.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 43 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to mix it with vitamin E oil and apply it to my thinning temples every night. Now I plan to use it for braidouts - I'll put in on top of whatever leave-in I use.

I use it to get the toxins out of my body aka "oil pulling". Sorry I had to put that one it there. I'm so excited about the positive effects of oil pulling. Anyway, I add a couple drops of peppermint oil to the castor oil and swish away.
Also, it's great for cleaning your face mixed with olive oil.

I use it for my wash 'n gos.

I co-wash in the shower. When I get out, I apply some leave-in and then layer castor oil on top. If I'm doing a puff, I will do those steps and then put gel on my edges. Pretty basic.

Castor Oil really locks in moisture in my hair, and I lurves it!!!!

I use it for my wash 'n gos.

I co-wash in the shower. When I get out, I apply some leave-in and then layer castor oil on top. If I'm doing a puff, I will do those steps and then put gel on my edges. Pretty basic.

Castor Oil really locks in moisture in my hair, and I lurves it!!!!
This is what I did today.

I swim everyday now, so I keep conditioner on my hair then put on a swimming cap,

then cowash when I get home and apply castor oil for my wash and gos with my afro puffs. My hair was mucho soft today, I was so impressed, I think I found a keeper, for real. I just need to mix it with an essential oil because it's kind of rank, LOL.

I use it as a sealant. I also add it to my conditioners every now and then. It seems to make my roots softer.

Last edited:
I use castor oil as a moisturizer and a to seal. As soon as I get out the shower after CW or washing the first thing I put on my hair is castor oil everywhere. I put some on the palm of my hands, rub them together and spread it through out my hair from the roots to the ends. It makes my hair super soft this way then I use my afro detangler. :yep:

I am in love with castor oil!:grin: Castor oil is the first thing I learned about when I first discovered LHCF. My daughter's hairline was completely gone (all the way to her ears), from wearing braids. I started using the castor oil in July and now her edges are full and about 2 inches long.

I use it as a moisturizer and a sealer. On our edges, ends and scalp. I put it in everything. All my conditioners and moisturizers. I use if on my knees and elbows. I take a teaspoon every morning, with a cup of carrot juice, to detox. :guiness:

I love castor oil!:yep:
I am it's number 1 fan! :woohoo2:

I use it to seal mostly, but I'll put some on my edges and the nape for it's thickening properties.

I use it to get the toxins out of my body aka "oil pulling". Sorry I had to put that one it there. I'm so excited about the positive effects of oil pulling. Anyway, I add a couple drops of peppermint oil to the castor oil and swish away.
Also, it's great for cleaning your face mixed with olive oil.
Please tell me more!!!!:spinning:. What is oil pulling and how do you use CO for the face?
Thanks

I was going to ask the same thing about oil pulling.

I have CO, but mine isn't that thick. I bought it from the local BSS. I mix mine with cinnamon oil, rosemary oil, avocado oil, and almond oil and spread it on my hair. When I use it regularly, it makes my hair very soft. I really like it. I just have to use it consistently because I heard it makes your hair thicker. I want to see if it does.:grin:

I was going to ask the same thing about oil pulling.

I have CO, but mine isn't that thick. I bought it from the local BSS. I mix mine with cinnamon oil, rosemary oil, avocado oil, and almond oil and spread it on my hair. When I use it regularly, it makes my hair very soft. I really like it. I just have to use it consistently because I heard it makes your hair thicker. I want to see if it does.:grin:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=118782

oil pulling thread

I mix it with coconut oil and honey as a pre-poo with heat.
It's also great mixed with coconut oil as a post-shower moisturizer.

I think a poll option for "All of the Above" would have been right for me. I use my castor oil for: oil rinse, a mix-in for pre-poos, a DC mix-in, seal, mositurize, etc. It has so many good benefits and it's not expensive, I don't mind using it for multiple things.

I checked my castor oil last night and it has other oils mixed with it, like soybean oil and safflower oil and vitamin e oil and jojoba oil. I know jojoba oil and vitamin e oil are good, but what about the other two? can someone let me know.:perplexed

I thought I responded to this thread but I don't see it...:drunk:

I have a large bottle of Home Health castor oil, a brand I've used for many years now for other healing purposes. I use it on my lashes and eyebrows which keeps them thick and my lashes long.

I have always been inspired by SherryLove's use of her castor oil mixture on her scalp and hair.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=3503

Silly question I think, can it be used on natural hair thats been flatironed or pressed. I thought I saw someone say it was a humectant, will it cause hair to revert?

I used to use it on my ends but I like Vatika better b/c it's not as heavy as castor oil. However, I still use castor oil in my pre-poo & in my MN mix.

At night on wet hair after I apply my leave-in, I use castor mixed with camellia oil for sealing all of my hair - a few drops does the trick. After that, I use about a nickle size of pure castor oil on my ends and my nape. When I put my hair up, I add a couple of drops to the ends to keep them nice and soft.

My daughter left behind a bottle of cheap conditioner that I hated, but I added about a 1/4 cup of castor oil to it and used for co-washes - fabo!

I order pure castor oil from oilsbynature.com - 16 oz for $3.35 or 32 oz for $6.00 - the best price I've found. They have excellent customer service, fast shipping at a fairly reasonable cost, and, as you can see, outstanding prices.

on my edges, on some parts of my scalp, mixed with my leave in and as a sealant.

I also use it as a first aid. to cuts and bruises, and sometimes if I am a bit ashy.:look:

i apply it to wet hair after i've finished washing. it locks in the moisture and keeps my hair very soft. it's the only kind of "leave-in" product i use for my hair.

I had been using it for face washes and to seal my fuzzy edges of my kinky twists. I have noticed that my lashes are a bit longer and fuller. HOWEVER, my mother got great results on her irritated scalp. She has had a painfully itchy scalp for the past few months, and it had gotten to the point that even combing it hurt her head. Its a complication related to some other health issues that she is having. My sister based her scalp with the castor oil, and it was instantly soothed. I was so happy :grin::grin: that it helped her, and I learned about using castor oil for hair from you ladies, so thank you!!! :grin::grin:

I love it in my DC. It really makes your hair soft. I might try it again as a sealant.

Last edited:
I use it as an overnight treatment on wet hair with a shower cap on. I also use it to seal after I moisturize with coconut oil. Oh, and I use it on my ends every day.

Back