• I add to my conditioning treatments

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I use after moisturizing to seal

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I use as a leave-in on damp/dry hair

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • I use on dry hair for extra shine

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • I use to prtect my hair from heat and to style (flat iron, blowdry, rollerset, etc.)

Votes: 59 38.1%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I use more than one of the potions above - please explain

Votes: 22 14.2%
  • I don't use serums!

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thinkpinkprincess

Just wondering how you guys use serums... lately I've been using it to seal my Glycerin/Aloe moisture spritz. I'm currently using Organix Coconut Milk seum, but I reeeally like NTM's :lick: it's so light and it leaves my hair feeling soft :yep: what serums do you use and how to you use?

They can build up on your hair just like mineral oil or petroleum.

I don't think that cones, mineral oil and petroleum are the devil though. They can all be used properly and some people hair loves them.

Personally my hair gets greasy fast and doesn't really respond to cones well... unless I use heat and used sparingly.

I once tried motions moisture plus (cone heavy conditioner) and my hair and scalp revolted. The ONLY product that I felt the need to wash out immediately.

i use them after moisturization to seal, when flat ironing to protect and to add shine :grin: my favorites are chi silk infusion and NTM healing serum

I use serum to kind of "seal" in my leave in when I rollerset. It leaves my rollerset shiny, too.

I use serums to seal in my moisturizers, sometimes I'll use a serum for shine. I also use a serum to rollerset, and I use them as a heat protectant :yep:

CHI Silk Infusion- I use it to blowdry, and to fight humidity after I flatiron I put some more on.

I also use the self heating serum on my dry hair from Organix Coconut Milk before I wash it, it protects my ends.

I used to use Biosilk for shine but there's so much alcohol in it now that I have stopped. Now I use Organix Coconut Oil (the breakage serum) to make my hair shiny after I've dried it

1. heat protection
2. sealing
3. shine
4. control frizz
5. to scent my hair
6. leave-in on damp/dry hair

I use Chi Silk Infusion & Garnier Fructis (I have some Biosilk, but that stuff is like water, IMO). I voted incorrectly. I chose heat protection, but it should have been "for more than one of the above."

I use Chi Silk Infusion or Biosilk Silk Therapy on a daily to add shine; if I ever have to touch up a flat iron, I use them as heat protectants.

Sometimes I put it on my ends before roller setting. I also like to smooth it over my hair before I wrap it or pincurl it.

I use serum to make my hair air dry EXTRA soft, and use a tad bit at the end of a rollerset/flat iron for shine.

Bumping...
I would like to know what brand of serums do you ladies use and in what order, before or after other products do you use your serum. I bought the Pantene Smooth Anti-Frizz Serum and my hair was super dry afterwards (I flatironed). I know I did something wrong and haven't figured it out since I never used it again.

OMG!! I was just thinking of making a thread posing this same question! I bought some gvp silk remedy (chi silk infusion) and used it on wet hair after my leAve in and then rollerset. I'm going to flat iron after it dries. So the jury is still out. I hope I didn't use too much. The smell is different from the original, it's nice but a bit strong. Kinda like hair perfume

See I was using the CHI silk infusion faithfully awhile back, but my hair starting drying into a dull stiff mess after a several weeks. Could have been the overload of cone from the CHI and other leave-ins. Could also have water. IDK I stop using CHI and watch the amount of cones I put on my hair. So I bought the Pantene serum and it didn't work as great as I expected. Just wondering if I use the serum what else do I need or don't need to put on my hair.

OMG!! I was just thinking of making a thread posing this same question! I bought some gvp silk remedy (chi silk infusion) and used it on wet hair after my leAve in and then rollerset. I'm going to flat iron after it dries. So the jury is still out. I hope I didn't use too much. The smell is different from the original, it's nice but a bit strong. Kinda like hair perfume

you too! I have been looking at what I needed to by for my relaxer and had serum on the list but was unsure of how to use it correctly.

See I was using the CHI silk infusion faithfully awhile back, but my hair starting drying into a dull stiff mess after a several weeks. Could have been the overload of cone from the CHI and other leave-ins. Could also have water. IDK I stop using CHI and watch the amount of cones I put on my hair. So I bought the Pantene serum and it didn't work as great as I expected. Just wondering if I use the serum what else do I need or don't need to put on my hair.

I got slightly heavy shiney hair. its day 2 and it feels a little better. I can still feel 'product' after I touch it though. Are you relaxed? I think Shtow uses only a leave in and heat protectant and gets under the dryer. Her heat regimen is the only one I can think of off hand.

you too! I have been looking at what I needed to by for my relaxer and had serum on the list but was unsure of how to use it correctly.

Yay! Yeah I took a chance and used it in the most 'sensible' way. My stylist used to use it on dry hair though after she took my rollers out. IDK. I think I got good results on wet hair.

I voted "other". I use serum to detangle my new growth when I am 8+ weeks post. I forget which member I got this tip from, but it works wonders and helps me stretch longer without breakage or long detangling sessions. :yep:

I got slightly heavy shiney hair. its day 2 and it feels a little better. I can still feel 'product' after I touch it though. Are you relaxed? I think Shtow uses only a leave in and heat protectant and gets under the dryer. Her heat regimen is the only one I can think of off hand.
Yup. I use leave in and heat protectant and sit under the dryer for ten minutes (I have to lift my bsl hair to get the ends to dry). When my hair is 80 percent dry, I blow dry with the comb attachment and then flat iron. I sit under the dryer every day because I use it to dry my hair after working out too. I clarify after three washes because I read cones build up after 3 applications.

Back