• I add to my conditioning treatments

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I use after moisturizing to seal

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I use as a leave-in on damp/dry hair

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • I use on dry hair for extra shine

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • I use to prtect my hair from heat and to style (flat iron, blowdry, rollerset, etc.)

Votes: 59 38.1%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I use more than one of the potions above - please explain

Votes: 22 14.2%
  • I don't use serums!

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I only use serums when I have my hair straight. I only use it to protect my hair from the flatiron. If my hair is curly I only use oils or sheabutter to seal my ends.

i normally dont use them but i bought some oscar blondie jasmine serum and i like it so far. i put 2 drops on my hair after i blow dry and before i flat iron.

I voted other because I use Proclaim Glossing Polishes faithfully whenever I wash, cowash, or if there's been any water near my hair! Softens, adds sheen, makes detangling "a breeze". and I'm on some 4z to the nth power!! :lachen:Get it from Sally's. a little goes a LONG way. and I've tried many things thanks to this board :rolleyes:, but that has remained a constant for me. never stopped using it.

I use it to seal and smooth my ends when rollersetting, to protect my hair when using direct heat, and to soften my ends while airdrying. :lick:

I thought you'd never ask lol. I am a LOVER of serums. I use them after adding all of my other stuff (moisturizers etc) serum is always the last to go on or second to last if I'm spraying some oil sheen to finish... And I use serum whether I'm going to use heat or not.

I always make sure to rinse well because I know I use serum and it will and does build up if you let it.

I've never mixed it in my conditioner before... Doesn't sound like a bad idea and I'm going to do that next wash:yep:.

Last edited:
I use Sally's One and Only Argan Oil and I love it. I use it several ways: as a heat protectant, to cover my hair when I relax, and as part of a leave in mixture. The smell is fabulous. It is the only serum I own.

Thanks to whoever bumped this. I need longer lasting moisture!
For the ppl who use serums to protect your ends.. do you apply the serum in sections? Do you need heat to activate it?

I use Sally's One and Only Argan Oil and I love it. I use it several ways: as a heat protectant, to cover my hair when I relax, and as part of a leave in mixture. The smell is fabulous. It is the only serum I own.
Americka. What ratios do you use? Is the leave-in skala? :lol:

I use serums in the summer to fight frizz. Last summer I used Sabino Moisture Block. I like it because it fights frizz well, but I don't like the coated feeling that it leaves on my hair.

Thanks for this thread! I've been using gvp - chi iron guard on wet hair after moisturizing (the directions say to use on dry hair...I'm not sure if it really matters). I then blow dry and then use chi silk infusion and then flat iron. Does this sound ok? After reading this thread I'm thinking maybe I should just use the silk infusion before and after the blow drying.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back