How do you "style" your baby hair?

choconillaprincess

Well i'm hopin no one is still slicking down their baby hair(plus some) to their forehead with pro-styling brown gel but what do u with it? expecially naturals- what is ur hairline texture? I have little curlies that stick out a lot n i dunno what to do... i've tried smoothing it back and blending it with my ponytail but with this southern humidity they end up poping rite back up... so what do u ladies do?

My baby hairs are straight. I usually just let them do their thing. Sometimes I push them back. The last time I got my hair cut, my beautician thought I relaxed them.....NOPE. She loved them so much she kept smoothing them on my forehead.....lol

I smooth them babies down with water and a baby toothbrush every now and then if they're looking unruly. My baby hairs tend to get them lil curlies and coilies popping out of place LOL

i don't do anything to mine. in straight styles, they're already basically straight and fit right in with the flat ironed hair. in curly styles, i just spray them with water and they sorta curl up and blend in with everything else.

if left to their own devices, they just sorta lay there :ohwell:

My "baby hairs" aren't babies with this stretch going on!! They're more like full grown men hairs! I try to brush them back and smooth/blend with coconut oil. If times get really rough I'll try out this stick thingy from Beyond the Zone. If it gets too rough maybe I'll use a scarf as a headband and put them bad boys on lock.

Chili and Foxxy Brown are really trying to keep baby hair in style, so you may want to contact them for tips:grin::grin:

my baby hairs are maintained with a baby brush. I brush them inline with where my hair line starts. They are easily maintained since I tie my edges down nitely with a scarf !

Chili and Foxxy Brown are really trying to keep baby hair in style, so you may want to contact them for tips:grin::grin:

LOL dnt forget Jlo too! But i cant really say anything coz i do it too! :blush:

I don't relax my hairline so I have fuzzy baby hairs everywhere . I slick them down with IC gel, depending on the style I'll brush them back into my hairline or slick them to my forehead. :ohwell:

I smooth mine back into my hairstyle - they tend to be pretty straight, and with my firm scarf hand, they stay put during the day.

My baby hairs are straight. I usually just let them do their thing. Sometimes I push them back. The last time I got my hair cut, my beautician thought I relaxed them.....NOPE. She loved them so much she kept smoothing them on my forehead.....lol

same here. :yep: I don't do anything special.

I smooth a little Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizer Hair Lotion just to push those curlies back--- Quick taming!:grin:

i put castro oil on them or vasilene sometimes nothing because they lay down on there own at times
note:i have sideburns too:lachen:

with
leturwillbedone-1.jpg

without
bad-1.jpg

i just let them be. everybody always comments on how curly they are:grin:

I know right? I just pretend they're not there. Funny thing is, my hairline is straighter and smoother without the perm. Hmmm... it just lays itself down. Don't let me put some IC Fantasia gel on my hairline. Everybody will start asking me if I have Native American in me (I do though :rolleyes: but it doesn't show itself unless you squint real hard and cross your eyes at the same time)

i have peppercorns up there if i dont slick them . I love the ghetto baby hairs look:lachen:but i dont do it much anymore.

I just leave them. My 'baby hair' is a similar texture to the rest of my hair. I tie my hair at night which seems to flatten out the coilies. Sometime they stick out like pen springs. I think it's pretty cool

Lys

i don't even try to mess with mine. but then, i'm pretty laid-back when it comes to hair styling. less is more for me. :yep:

I let them run wild. Sometimes they lay down by themselves. Sometimes they end up pulled back or sticking out everywhere. Mostly they behave on their own. I have a sister whose hair does that "Chili" thing on its own. She hates it, she brushes them one way they lay right back down. And she has sideburns too. They look like Amish people curls :lachen:. She has to pin them down behind her ears.

My right side lays down because I USED to wrap in that direction but the left side has to be put down a little with a toothbrush

Back