Can U Get Your Hair to do this? Pls Tell Us How!!! (pic)

Looks like a longer version of my hair after I do a braidout with only a leave in conditioner added to VERY wet hair before braiding. I wrap the bradis around themselves into bantu knots to dry overnight. HTH

my hair is short but i have defined curls ... just do not touch/ finger style your hair untill it is completely dry ... the vo 5 mousse in the seafoam can works wonders for me as well as a lot of the spanish/mixed chicks i work with ,... also the vive line in the orange bottle and salerm also gives me nice ringlets soft and shiny with no greasy feel.

Good luck .. right now my hair is in braids so I have no new pics.

I achieve this look by doing this:

it's best when my hair is not just washed but maybe one or two days "old".

I spray my whole hair with a watery leave in as Pantene Leave in Spray Conditioner. I then also spray John Frieda - I think it's the ripple effect spray, the one with the two solutions and you have to shake it- all over my hair and scrunch it.

I bend over and let my hair hang and keep scrunching it.

Now - and this is the key for my results - I take my small heater (it's a fan heater, a little square one). I put that heater on top of my toilet. I bend over so my hair is right in front of it. I take two papertowels and put them on the toilet lid in front of the heater. I then let my hair kinda sit on that papertowel. I then turn on the heater and let air blow into my hair. I then take the papertowel by the sides and bring it closer to my head, so I'm kinda squeezing my hair onto my head. But this is very good for getting pretty curls. I then turn the heater around and do the same thing for the front of my hair.....I know this might sound complicated but believe me.....it works:)

With this method I always get frizz free shiny curls.

Seng, here is a pic of my wash and go. The curls are someone similar. Sorry the photos is dark and it's so big (my free photoshop trial expired :lol: ). This is a partial air dry with GENERIC Humectress added. Your natural curls look similar to mine. I think it's just the product you decide to choose. It should turn out beautifully! :)

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/8680/bcd4vi6pz.jpg

I remember you telling us this @ the meeting in B-more. Your hair is lovely. :)

NAY007 said:
I achieve this look by doing this:

it's best when my hair is not just washed but maybe one or two days "old".

I spray my whole hair with a watery leave in as Pantene Leave in Spray Conditioner. I then also spray John Frieda - I think it's the ripple effect spray, the one with the two solutions and you have to shake it- all over my hair and scrunch it.

I bend over and let my hair hang and keep scrunching it.

Now - and this is the key for my results - I take my small heater (it's a fan heater, a little square one). I put that heater on top of my toilet. I bend over so my hair is right in front of it. I take two papertowels and put them on the toilet lid in front of the heater. I then let my hair kinda sit on that papertowel. I then turn on the heater and let air blow into my hair. I then take the papertowel by the sides and bring it closer to my head, so I'm kinda squeezing my hair onto my head. But this is very good for getting pretty curls. I then turn the heater around and do the same thing for the front of my hair.....I know this might sound complicated but believe me.....it works:)

With this method I always get frizz free shiny curls.

Lorraine said:
Seng, here is a pic of my wash and go. The curls are someone similar. Sorry the photos is dark and it's so big (my free photoshop trial expired :lol: ). This is a partial air dry with GENERIC Humectress added. Your natural curls look similar to mine. I think it's just the product you decide to choose. It should turn out beautifully! :)

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/8680/bcd4vi6pz.jpg
You know this is one of my favorite pics :) , I've been trying to imitate it ever since. I use non-generic Humectress and never came out w/this! :lol: I will try again.

Nay007... I'm lost on this heat thing. Do you mean a room heater? You do it until your hair is completely dry? How long does it take?

Back