How do you secure flat twists?

SelfStyled

I would like to just leave my hair alone for a few days, with flat twists going back into a ponytail. How do you secure the flat twists so that they stay secure? Do you use those little black rubberbands, bobby pins?

Help!!!!:drowning:

I braid the end - flat twist until the point that you want it to 'lift' off of your scalp, and then braid the rest. It's the only way I've found to prevent mine from 'puffing' apart.

I braid the end - flat twist until the point that you want it to 'lift' off of your scalp, and then braid the rest. It's the only way I've found to prevent mine from 'puffing' apart.

Thanks JustKiya - that is a good idea, just not sure how it will look with a ponytail that is in the crown area, I think if the flat twist were going all the way to the back of my head that would be perfect:yep:.

Thanks JustKiya - that is a good idea, just not sure how it will look with a ponytail that is in the crown area, I think if the flat twist were going all the way to the back of my head that would be perfect:yep:.

Ahh, yeah, that's a good point. Hrmmm... Your own hair, or phony ponytail? You could braid just a short portion at the end of the twist, and leave the rest loose - it would be caught up in the ponytail....

I have used both bobby pins and black rubber bands. The rubberbands are less noticeable. I cut them out to avoid breaking my hair.

Back