how do you protect your ends

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
under the hair dryer?

When I do a braid out I don't like to leave my ends exposed. What do you ladies do with them? Not only that...but everywhere else dries first. Very quickly. How do I protect my hair from exposure. A hair net? Heat protectant? Am I making a big deal about it?

If you roll the ends on flexirods or other rollers your ends will be better protected and you'll have a nice curl at the ends.

^^what she said:yep:

I always just either roll up on flexirods or take out my smaller rollers to roll the ends with... use papers or don't. I see no difference when i do. I DOOOO however like to take my end papers and soak them in OIL before I wrap the roller with them. Somebody said that last summer and I found that it worked GREAT with my rollersets... I just wouldnt try it if you use a caruso...

But yea... roll your ends up and you'll protect them and get a nice curl...

When I was relaxed I would make sure my ends were wet(not damp) for rollersetting--this ensured the ends dried smooth and not ragged...I also used to rub some oil or cream treatment on the ends post drying. Keep the ends moist; as your hair gets longer that is a critical part of hair retention.

krikit96;7848745 But yea... roll your ends up and you'll protect them and get a nice curl...[/QUOTE said:
Agreed! Also, I dry mine on low heat.I always use a heat protectant with any type of heat. Direct or not.

Back