Protecting the Ends

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Chaya,

Most likely the ones you see in the stores aren't real...especially if they cost under $5. I have 3 bone combs. I have a small detangler one (has a handle), a fine tooth one (small & smaller teeth), and a big rake detangler (super wide teeth from hairsense.com $17). I forget how much I paid for the other 2 but it was over $10 each. They are worth every penny and I know I will have them for a VERY long time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to check this out now! I need a new comb badly. I have the jilbere shower comb and it is great for the shower and combing out my wraps, but its no good when it comes to styling the hair!

Distilled water sealed with Vatika hair oil or Parachute Coconut Oil. Braiding and pinning my ends up at night. Making sure to leave the conditioner on a little longer on my ends. The braiding up at night has helped my ends TREMENDOUSLY!

Chimma,

I started using Vaseline because I noticed it was recommended here, but I noticed my ends in my hands after application. I think it was too heavy for my hair. Then I read on the Ouidad site, that using petroleum based products can actually harm the hair b/c it seals out the moisture and prevents the hair from breathing, so it suffocates. I know it's worked for some of waist lengthers, but be careful. She recommends only natural (botanical) oils because they don't cause this suffocation.

I've added an application of coconut oil to my nexxus botanic oil to add moisture and protect the ends. If they feel drier than usual, I'll add a little conditioner to the blend.

I've started using vaseline, but I might be a bit more wary these days after reading Sengshick's post. I also use a bit of evoo on the ends, profectic healthy ends or castor oil, as well.

what kind of shea butter do you guys buy??

im getting sick of buns myself and i look like a granny every week. i think ill go to twist outs

Back