How do you MTG?

How do you MTG?

• Straight MTG (no products mixed with the MTG)

Votes: 142 45.4%
  • MTG Mixed (one or more products mixed with MTG)

Votes: 122 39.0%
  • I apply MTG 1x/wk

Votes: 37 11.8%
  • I apply MTG more than 1x/wk

Votes: 169 54.0%

• Total voters

stacy

I am wondering if I need to modify how I apply MTG. Please vote to identify how you apply MTG to your scalp and how often. Please also post your overall MTG regimen. Thanks.

Last edited:
I mix MTG with a favorite oil that cuts the smell a little, and I use it 2-3x/week./ (why do I sound like a hair addict "I use"?" hth

I always mix it and use it about 1x a week or less. I have other things I am trying like bhringraj oil and hairever vitamin tonic. I don't want to overload (or depend on something so stinky :) )

Straight, no chaser. :lol:

I part my hair into four sections and braid each section. I take down one section at a time and make thin parts and squeeze MTG on the part. Then I rub/massage it in.

I apply once a week. I'm strict when it comes to following directions.

Since it's been hot I wash my hair often. On weekdays I spritz daily with my MTG/Surge mix. On weekends I just use straight MTG with a plastic cap overnight.

So far, it seems like most do straight MTG apply more than 1x/wk; interesting. Okay, please continue to post!!! :)

U can check out my journal for my MTG experience..so far. But to answer your question... I have mixed my MTG w/2 oils and vanilla extract to cut the smell. Because I have found that I get more dirt/build up with MTG, I have started washing twice a week. I apply the MTG concoction twice a week after washing. I have also applied it my daughter's head (she's in braids) usually once week or once every two weeks..it depends for her.

2x - 3x weekly straight from the bottle to the scalp :bud:

I conditioner wash daily.

I am in braids right now and I just began using it. I plan on using it every other day on my scalp and everyday on my edges. It's diluted a little bit, just a tad with surge.

So far I have been using it straight, about 2-3 times a week after washing. I am thinking about using some other oils because the smell is...gross (instead of getting use to it I am noticing it more and more).

I also have put some in the last of my sulfer 8, but I rarely use this mix.

I haven't had any problems with smell but I use all straight MTG and I am ready for my second and last BC. :D I feel like maybe I am missing something. :look:

What are all of the MTG products that everyone is using. I have detangler, deep moisturizing shampoo, conditioner,and Maximum herbal grow, are there any more products out there?

sistawithsumthin said:
I haven't had any problems with smell but I use all straight MTG and I am ready for my second and last BC. :D I feel like maybe I am missing something. :look:

What are all of the MTG products that everyone is using. I have detangler, deep moisturizing shampoo, conditioner,and Maximum herbal grow, are there any more products out there?

Are you using Mane and Tail Groom by SHAPLEYS???? Or are you using Mane and Tail by Straight Arrow?? I never knew of MTG having a shampoo. The products people here have been using have been ordered by shapleys.com or other sites that sell horse grooming products or people have bought products from stores that sell horse grooming products or fought the horses for the products personally. What does your bottle say? God bless you all.

I just left the Shapley's website,:eek: oh my goodness you ladies are very serious about your hair! I kept wondering what the G stood for in MTG it wasn't making sense to me. I am using the Straight Arrow product that I have seen on some other threads and so far I like it. Now I know where the confusion is coming from because some ladies say they don't have a problem from smell. The Shapleys may be a bit much for me to actually order it from them. I don't know the PJ in me is like go ahead girl you know you want it!

I apply on Sunday with a applicator brush and then again on Wednesday and I don't wash until that next Sunday. So I apply twice a week and wash once a week. I try to stay as close to the directions as possible but I think I will be going for three times a week and still washing once a week. The smell is a non factor for me and the product is working. I will do comparison pictures on the weekend of July 16th, my girlfriend's wedding, and you can see the results from that.

hello, im new and would really like to start using MTG, but does anyone know where i can buy it from in the uk??? :confused:

I just started using MTG. I've been applying it mixed w/coconut oil and EVOO. I also add lime and orange scented essential oils and that covers the smell pretty nicely. I appy 1 or more times/week depending on when I CW.

So far, I think MTG has allowed me to get 1 in. in three weeks in some spots (less on the back and sides). I can't really tell since my beautician doesn't relax my hair bone straight. I may be confusing my ng w/permed hair but I don't think so. We'll have to see when I get my next relaxer!

Every night that I can remember, I use my mix of MTG and Surge Potion #9 and apply it directly to my scalp. I have it in a plastic bottle with a spout. The smell is non existant in the morning if you do it at night. It really has made a difference!

since i conditioner wash daily, i apply it after my hair is dry. and i mixed mine with stasoffro, ylang ylang and lavender EOs

YAHHHH I FINALLY CAN SAY HOW I use it.:grin: :D I use it straight no chaser. It reminds me of Grovers so it doesnt bother me as far as the smell and since I pour it into my hand first and then massage it into my scalp I dont have it leaking out on my neck or other places. God bless you all.

I had to stop mixxing my surge with my mtg :( .The last time I used the mixture on my head I had very large and painful scabs on my scalp. It was so painful it felt like someone had pour scalding"boiling" water & lit matches on my scalp. I had to use ice packs on my head for a week ! Now I use surge and mtg separatly every other shampoo. my results are much better! :grin:
" FOR ME, SOME THINGS SHOULDN'T BE MIXED " :nono:

Crysdon said:
Straight, no chaser. :lol:

I part my hair into four sections and braid each section. I take down one section at a time and make thin parts and squeeze MTG on the part. Then I rub/massage it in.

I apply once a week. I'm strict when it comes to following directions.

This sounds like a good way to apply it.

Well I may change up my regime a bit because I just did the Bigen Oriental Black on my hair and do not want to leach any of the color. One of the posters (Meia) I think stated that it does not affect her color, but I just ordered some more emu oil and I plan to mix a little batch with emu oil and pure coconut oil from the Islands and use this over the holidays with a scented oil, maybe vanilla. I am trying to get at least 3 inches of growth by February 2006. Right now, I use it straight up and no chaser. In the last 2 months, I achieved 2 1/2 inches in some places and my hair is growing. I can tell by my roots. I plan to shampoo once a week and twice a week. I will be using my homemade leave in spray for moisture because I am on the bunning challenge which I plan to continue for one year. Bonjour

well this is my first day using mtg and i don't think it smells that bad. maybe b/c my nose isn't working right, or it could be that i have used grease that smells like this when i was younger. i pooed, used nexxus keraphix, dc, applied leave-in then applied mtg to my scalp. it seems okay for now, but i guess i won't be able to leave a true update until after about a month or two.

i apply mtg straight daily on my scalp rub it in between the rows put 2 plastic cap and my satin bonnet i used to co wash every 3days but as its getting colder i m tinking of washing just once a week. think mtg applied straigth stops shedding i removed my cornrows after 5 weeks and half and almost no shedding at all when i washed.

To mahalialee4 : just still be careful my girl washed her hair and the mtg took her color out she called me to let me know and told me she had applied mtg the day before

Back