how do you know the pH of your shampoo/products?

sweetsuccess

i was told that african american women should be using pH 4.5-5.5 products on their hair.. is this true??

and how would u know the pH of your product? ... n what makes them balanced? im confused on that part of this hair growing process. if anyone does know... plz help a sista out...

my products r :

sunsilk hydra tlc shampoo n conditioner
joico kpak reconstruct shampoo n deep penetrating cond
keracare hydrating shampoo and humecto cond
mizani botanifying shampoo
patene deep conditioning mask
redken extreme line
nexxus aloe rid clarify
palmers pure coconut cond
kenra senstive leave in

n i believe that is it.

TIA

I believe you can purchase ph testing strips at home depot/lowe's to test your products. I have yet to purchase any but will ask my DH to be sure.

i was told that african american women should be using pH 4.5-5.5 products on their hair.. is this true??

TIA

all hair has a pH between 4.5 and 5.5. products used on the hair with that pH level keep the cuticles shut nice and tight, and closed cuticles will result in shinier, more manageable hair. a shampoo/conditioner with this pH can be called "balancing", and just about all neutralizing shampoos and conditioners have a pH around that level.

and Keracare humecto has the pH printed right on the container. as far as the other brands go, why not shoot an email to the company?

Back