How do you keep your twistouts moisturized?

msjones

I just started doing twistouts. I'll shampoo/con or co-wash, use a leave in..and then seal w/ a serum or an oil. I then twist my hair, and sit under the dryer until my hair is dry.

My question is this....how do you keep your hair moisturized for the next few days as mine is only moisturized for the 1st day? Right now i'm doing an overnight DC so that my dry poofy hair can recover, but what can I do to remedy this?

great question!
the only thing i could think of was garnier fructis's brilliance gel that has water as it's first ingredient. it's thick as all get out, but you rub it between your hands and scrunch it in your hair and it moisturizes for me.

You might want to put a mositurizer b4 a sealer. I use hair milk, or healthy hair butter from Carol's daughter(but that doesn't work for everybody), and then seal with castor oil(a little) Then when my twists are dry they are very soft and moicturized. After that I just coat my hands with healthy hair butter and run it through the length of my hair not disturbing the curl pattern, and cover it for the night keeps it good for the morning. HTH!

after a couple days i re-twist my hair with the homemade curly pudding and that works for me. There is a thread on how to make it

I usually spritz my hair with my concoction of water, glycerin and carrot oil. Then I seal with a little castor oil and simply redo my twists or braids. I try not to comb or brush though (we're talking little to no manipulation here).

the ladies are absolutely right! castor oil on the ends or even to seal n the moisture keeps my "curls" moisturized for at LEAST a whole day.

I usually spritz my hair with my concoction of water, glycerin and carrot oil. Then I seal with a little castor oil and simply redo my twists or braids. I try not to comb or brush though (we're talking little to no manipulation here).

When you all say Castor Oil, do you mean the same stuff your grandmother made you take?

I just started doing twistouts. I'll shampoo/con or co-wash, use a leave in..and then seal w/ a serum or an oil. I then twist my hair, and sit under the dryer until my hair is dry.

My question is this....how do you keep your hair moisturized for the next few days as mine is only moisturized for the 1st day? Right now i'm doing an overnight DC so that my dry poofy hair can recover, but what can I do to remedy this?

Maybe you could try airdrying your twistouts if that works with your schedule. Perhaps sitting under the dryer is zapping some of the internal moisture from your strands, forcing you to apply surface moisture more frequently. It's a good idea to moisturize everyday, anyway, but your hair might not be thirsting for it this way...Just a thought...:rolleyes:

Maybe you could try airdrying your twistouts if that works with your schedule. Perhaps sitting under the dryer is zapping some of the internal moisture from your strands, forcing you to apply surface moisture more frequently. It's a good idea to moisturize everyday, anyway, but your hair might not be thirsting for it this way...Just a thought...:rolleyes:

I agree w/this. I was having the same issue when I sat under the dryer for my braid out.

Back