How do you keep your flatironed hair moisturized?

When I use SMB, I don't have to moisturize. At all. If I really feel the need to add something, I'll use a teeny tiny bit of KBB hair cream and apply it to my ends only, never @ the root, and a smidge of jojoba oil. Works every time. I hate for my straight hair to be weighed down because in a couple days it'll be oily anyway so I keep as light of a hand as possible with extra products.

OT...**Tiffers, where's our lil sis? :ohwell:

alfaparf is good and does not weigh the hair down, you only have to use a dime size, it also makes my hair feel like satin.

alfaparf semi di lino

Alter EGO Hasty Bright & Shine LUX Glossing Spray

this does the same thing great shine it's lightweight, make sure it's sprayed a few inches from the hair.

Whenever I flatiron, the next day, my hair starts to feel dry. So I lightly moisturize. After about 2 or 3 days of this, my hair starts to look weighed down, and it feels oily. I hate it, cause I can't run my fingers through my hair and end up washing my hair within a few days of flatironing. I wanna enjoy my hair every blue moon when I use heat!!!I've tried water and oil based moisturizers, oils and serums. No matter what I do, my hair gets oily. I can't NOT moisturize it, my hair would be dry as dirt.What are you all doing to keep your flatironed hair moisturized and touchable?

OP, I can't tell if you're natural or relaxed.

I will apply coconut oil to my hair before rollersetting. It might come out a tad oily the next day, but that goes away after the second day. If I use coconut oil the style can last me 7 days.

Dang, you don't like oil?? I use a bit of ojon restorative treatment and frederic fekkai olive glossing cream. SOFT hair that repels even the strongest humidity, and the shine is insane.

Aveda's Universal Styling Creme is great.

Qhemet's Heavy Cream is good. Used very sparingly. I mean a dime size per 1/4 section of hair or your head. It is not oily at all, but can be heavy though. That is what I like about it. It is not oily at all.

I've done some recent searching on this forum to answer the same question and I remember two products that came up several times, that naturals mentioned using to moisturize their hair while pressed without having to worry about reversion:

Aveda Universal Styling Creme, and
Keracare Creme Hairdress

I've never used either on pressed hair, but I do plan on buying one or the other to try out soon. HTH....

The pj in me is tryna bust out. I may have to make a stop to by hair products today.:sekret: Not all at once though.:lachen: Not sure which one I want to try first.

The only product I use on my flat ironed hair is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I make sure my hair is well moisturized from my deep conditioning.

When I use SMB, I don't have to moisturize. At all. If I really feel the need to add something, I'll use a teeny tiny bit of KBB hair cream and apply it to my ends only, never @ the root, and a smidge of jojoba oil. Works every time. I hate for my straight hair to be weighed down because in a couple days it'll be oily anyway so I keep as light of a hand as possible with extra products.

OT...**Tiffers, where's our lil sis? :ohwell:

What's KBB hair cream? SMB is on my wishlist, especially after looking at your fotki! :grin:

IDK where that girl is! Bein cheap! :lachen: Pay that $6.50 girl!!!

Thanks! A dom stylist recommended that I use this & I was like...yeah...uh-huh. I thought she was just trying to sell me something, but I am glad to learn that it works.
gurl it really really works it makes your hair oh so soft too. I love it:grin:
Heres some links to threads where it was spoken about
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=292883&highlight=razac

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=290275&highlight=razac

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=212569&highlight=razac

Last edited:
What are you all putting on your hair before you press it.. like what is your process if you are preparing to press your hair???

I am still having the wet cat looking hair when I press.. :(

1.you step out the shower after you wash your hair.. then what?

Thanks!! :)

What are you all putting on your hair before you press it.. like what is your process if you are preparing to press your hair???

I am still having the wet cat looking hair when I press.. :(

1.you step out the shower after you wash your hair.. then what?

Thanks!! :)
after I wash I condition for 45 mins........ later wash it out add a leave in and a heat protectant(CHI silk). Then roller set........ I flat iron on dry hair and then moisturize after. I dont want to melt products in my hair:nono:

after I wash I condition for 45 mins........ later wash it out add a leave in and a heat protectant(CHI silk). Then roller set........ I flat iron on dry hair and then moisturize after. I dont want to melt products in my hair:nono:

what kinda of leave in do you use thats light enought not to weigh your hair down?

what kinda of leave in do you use thats light enought not to weigh your hair down?
Nexxus volumizing leave in is pretty light. Light or not what ever you use it all depends on you and how much you squart out:yep:. But I know if I use alot of this it doesnt weigh down my hair at all.:yep: HTH

Last edited:
Nexxus volumizing leave in is pretty light. Light or not what ever you use it all depends on you and how much you squart out:yep:. But I know if I use alot of this it doesnt weigh down my hair at all.:yep: HTH

Thanks, I need to check those ingredients.. Im trying for the more natural ingredients u know? :) Thanks! :)

Thanks, I need to check those ingredients.. Im trying for the more natural ingredients u know? :) Thanks! :)
It isnt natural

Headress

volumizing leave-in conditioner

If your hair is flat and lifeless, it’s time to lose weight—from your hair products that is. This feather light leave-in treatment adds instant body, shine, and luster, while pumping up the volume of even the puniest of locks. Actual hair diameter is measurably increased by 15% in just one use.
_dots.gif
Benefits:
This Panthenol and Protein enriched formula adds incredible body, manageability, and shine to any hair type while reducing tangles. In addition, NexxuSpheres®, our exclusive micro sphere delivery system which contains Ceramides, Nutrients, and Lipids, release over time so that your hair continues to experience Nexxus out of the shower.

ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Keratin Amino Acids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-glucan Oligo-saccharide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Magnesium Citrate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearalkonium Chloride, Peg-75 Lanolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

But if you want something natural try jane carter leave in omg it smells so good and it detangles so well!!!!! Her products are all natural:yep:
REVITALIZING LEAVE IN: Purified Water, Extracts of Aloe Vera, Comfrey, Watercress, Myrrh, Panthenol, Essential Oils, Anthemis Noblis Flower, Symphytum OfficinalLeaf, Equisetum Arvense, Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Butoxyethenol, Polyquarternium11, Soyamid DEA, PPG30, Cetyl Ether, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Hydantoin,
Link to her site
http://janecartersolutions.com/index.html

Last edited:
It isnt natural

Headress

volumizing leave-in conditioner

If your hair is flat and lifeless, it’s time to lose weight—from your hair products that is. This feather light leave-in treatment adds instant body, shine, and luster, while pumping up the volume of even the puniest of locks. Actual hair diameter is measurably increased by 15% in just one use.
_dots.gif
Benefits:
This Panthenol and Protein enriched formula adds incredible body, manageability, and shine to any hair type while reducing tangles. In addition, NexxuSpheres®, our exclusive micro sphere delivery system which contains Ceramides, Nutrients, and Lipids, release over time so that your hair continues to experience Nexxus out of the shower.

ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Keratin Amino Acids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-glucan Oligo-saccharide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Magnesium Citrate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearalkonium Chloride, Peg-75 Lanolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

But if you want something natural try jane carter leave in omg it smells so good and it detangles so well!!!!! Her products are all natural:yep:
REVITALIZING LEAVE IN: Purified Water, Extracts of Aloe Vera, Comfrey, Watercress, Myrrh, Panthenol, Essential Oils, Anthemis Noblis Flower, Symphytum OfficinalLeaf, Equisetum Arvense, Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Butoxyethenol, Polyquarternium11, Soyamid DEA, PPG30, Cetyl Ether, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Hydantoin,
Link to her site
http://janecartersolutions.com/index.html

WOW Thanks!!! I just brought some natural leave in called knot today by kinky curly.... i wonder if that would do the trick!! www.kinkycurly.com
Ingredients: Mango fruit extract, slipper elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

Oh. I use both of these sometimes too. I forgot (PJ is a helluva drug).

alfaparf is good and does not weigh the hair down, you only have to use a dime size, it also makes my hair feel like satin.

alfaparf semi di lino

Alter EGO Hasty Bright & Shine LUX Glossing Spray

this does the same thing great shine it's lightweight, make sure it's sprayed a few inches from the hair.

WOW Thanks!!! I just brought some natural leave in called knot today by kinky curly.... i wonder if that would do the trick!! www.kinkycurly.com
Ingredients: Mango fruit extract, slipper elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.
wow that sounds good
Behentrimonium methosulfate is the mildest hair-detangling ingredient available. It is made from non-genetically modified rapeseed oil. This scientifically sophisticated ingredient is renowned for its superior detangling ability, without causing build-up on the hair. Unlike other hair detanglers, which are known for their irritancy, behentrimonium methosulfate is extremely mild, being recommended for use in baby products which are left on the skin. It is superior in effectiveness and mildness to it's commonly used cheaper cousin, behentrimonium chloride. It is not a sulfate.

Phyto Moisturing Balm for moisture. For leave-in I use either Phyto Relaxing balm, followed by Phyto serum (when blowdrying) or Phytospecific Integral Care followed by Lacio Lacio (when setting).

Razac weighs the hair down ALOT! Ive used the spray and the gloss and they are both very heavy products for your hair.

I came to the board today specifically looking for this thread. I always think its funny when someone else posts your exact question at about the same time.

I put a lot of things on my PJ list from this thread. But since I already have coconut oil in the house, that's what I'm going to try first. Maybe mixed with a little mango butter...

Back