How do u winterize your regi

sofash

Ladies is there anything special or different that you do to your hair in the winter to keep it protected?

I cover my hair up in the winter. In fact, I think I ignore my hair a lot in the winter, I sometimes wash in my buns, then wax them back into shape.

@AJellyCake

Right now, the Super Heavy ones in my Stash are (in no particular order):

Marie Dean (all of hers are very dense)
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie
Naturelle Grow's Slippery Elm, Marshmallow & Cinnamon
Jessicurl Weekly Treatment
Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab or Deep Fix
Purabody Natural's Chocolate Smoothie
Claudie's Revitalizer *various*
Bel Nouvo DC'er with JBCO & Haitian Castor Oil
Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
Silk Dreams Shea What Deux
*I still have x2 or x3 Enso Naturals DC'ers

I wear wigs and twists, mosterize more often (usually twice a day) I wholehead baggy, and i have been Dc'ing like every 3-4 days....My hair has been in better condition :yep:

i dont know why but for the pat few years i always let my hair down in the winter even though I live here in the north. thts bad. i have to find something to do with my hair this winter. im thinking I want a weave BUTT my hair grows quickly in weaves and im away from home ( in college) and dont know any places

I keep my hair covered/make sure I use leave-ins that are protein free,I use Dc's that contain little protein,My rinse contains moisturizing ingredients,Keep my scalp moisturize with pomades,I seal with butter or grease..

Happy Hair Growing!

I have my hair in a sew in over the winter.
And keep it moist with similar products to those I use in the summer, only under my sew in I apply them through an applicator bottle.
I also wash less often.

I don't do much different in order to winterize my routine, I'm just more strict about it... no experimenting. Wear wigs, moisturize often, and deep condition more regularly. The only thing that actually changes is that I oil my scalp weekly because it becomes very dry during that time of year.

I don't do much different in order to winterize my routine, I'm just more strict about it... no experimenting. Wear wigs, moisturize often, and deep condition more regularly. The only thing that actually changes is that I oil my scalp weekly because it becomes very dry during that time of year.

This exactly.....we have like the same winter reggie

I shampoo less, rinse and cowash more, DC twice a week, moisturize and seal more often, and keep my scalp both stimulated and protected by massaging twice a week with a light oil. So far so good! I'm also gonna look into buying a half wig

I do less wash-and-go's. Other than that, it's all the same. Maybe I should do something a little different.

I love wash days, but I limit myself to wetting my hair only once per week. I tend to keep it in twists and braids more often instead of experimenting with wash-n-go techniques. Pretty much less manipulation overall.

Back