How Do I Protect Newley Trimmed Ends?

seraphim712

I went to the salon Saturday, and had my ends trimmed (which was long overdue). I just want to know how to protect my ends with extreme care, so that I can preserve them. My hair is natural 4a type. What styles and methods can I use to preserve the ends?

Divine Inspiration said:
-Buns
-Concentrating moisturizer on them
-Gentle detangling
-Minimal brushing

Can I put my hair into a bun if it's neck length? The ends of my hair touch the collar of my shirt. Is it long enough? I really want to put it into a french bun.

seraphim712 said:
Can I put my hair into a bun if it's neck length? The ends of my hair touch the collar of my shirt. Is it long enough? I really want to put it into a french bun.

You could do a frech bun or even a little puff (if it's long enough) since that would keep it from rubbing on your clothes.

Since your hair is natural, perhaps you can try putting it into two strand twists? In case you need directions, here's a great website:

http://www.motowngirl.com/twists.php

I find that twisting my hair really protects the ends. I am also natural (4A/B but predominantly 4B). I also am trying to be diligent about baggying my whole head at night.

Good luck!

I would like to piggy back off the above post:

I did an intense dusting & trim. How would like to maintain newly trimmed ends. Currently I'm wearing a faux bun similar to the one in the above post.(I love this bun!!!:kiss: ) However I nervous that I am not protecting my ends and length of my hair properly. This is my pontail/faux bun regimin: Moisturize(BB Oil Moisturizer Lotion) the ends and length of my hair, seal with oil(AR Hot Six Oil), secure with ouchless ponytail holder, make one two strand twist, wrap in a bun, pin the ends under with a double coated bobby pin and then place the bun over my hair.

How do I protect my ends and my two strand twist? Should I use a different bunning method? And, for coverage use a baggy or stocking? :perplexed

Back