How did he propose to you??

Whimsy

Just curious.

My SO and I decided to get married and were planning the wedding before an actual "official" engagement. Yesterday he emails me the ring he wants to buy me for my approval ::sigh:: lol. So now I'm awaiting some kinda proposal, even though he's not the romantic type at all (obviously, from the email, you can tell that).

So, how did your current FI or DH propose?? Was it what you expected of him?

not to laugh :lachen: or anything but it seems like you got ur official proposal through the email...Congrats btw :yep:

but I can't answer your question because I am not engaged :sad: Only came close when my ex told me he wanted to marry me so no one else can have me :ohwell:

I agree that ur FH was not very romantic but the truth is that marriage doesn't have to be.(Well not all the time) You can love each other deeply and be passionate life partners without all the hub bub. MY DH didn't propose to me. We were not engaged. We talked about getting married for a few months and then we went and did it. We've been married for 5 1/2 years. I also think that some folks over romantasize and forget that marriage is really about partnership. He loves you, he wants to be with you forever and he even wants your approval on your ring. I think he's a team player and that you guys will have a long future together.

not to laugh :lachen: or anything but it seems like you got ur official proposal through the email...Congrats btw :yep:

but I can't answer your question because I am not engaged :sad: Only came close when my ex told me he wanted to marry me so no one else can have me :ohwell:

LOL that was in no way a proposal :lachen:
Just a request for an approval (and he did well -surprisingly-, so i'm happy)

Aw, but he's your ex now so F him, the next will be WAAAY better! :yep:

I agree that ur FH was not very romantic but the truth is that marriage doesn't have to be.(Well not all the time) You can love each other deeply and be passionate life partners without all the hub bub. MY DH didn't propose to me. We were not engaged. We talked about getting married for a few months and then we went and did it. We've been married for 5 1/2 years. I also think that some folks over romantasize and forget that marriage is really about partnership. He loves you, he wants to be with you forever and he even wants your approval on your ring. I think he's a team player and that you guys will have a long future together.

Even though I'm fully aware of the bold bit, it was nice to read it from someone who doesn't even know us :yep:

Yeah, he's unromantic, and I want a romantic proposal. I don't need flowerly language and violins, but I don't want him to be like..."oh look what came in the mail today"...and toss a ring in my lap. :grin:

not to laugh or anything but it seems like you got ur official proposal through the email...Congrats
:lachen::lachen::lachen:
LOL

LOL that was in no way a proposal
Ri-i--ight!!! :spinning:

..."oh look what came in the mail today"...and toss a ring in my lap.

lissen...some ladies wish they had even that:ohwell:
Many blessings on the nuptials

Last edited:
We went on a vacation and we were down on the beach. He had a really cute set up, and said some really sweet things. It was so romantic.

Aww f$%k! Im sorry about the cussing yall but sh!t i want "the proposal"... but im far from it n it makes me mad everytime i think about it...

And to be quite honest i think its more of the thought than the actual act that makes you swoon. Knowing that he actually took the time to think about this and put a smile on your face. It makes you happy knowing that he actually thought it through

Clyde and I always do fun, adventurous and exciting things. We love to travel, ride roller coasters and partake in fine dining experiences at upscale restaurants. So when Clyde said that we were going for a helicopter ride I was excited about another adventure. We were going to do this on a Sunday, because he said that the airport just so happened to have an opening and called him at the last minute. (He had been inquring because he wanted to take me for a hot air balloon ride for my birthday, but the weather did not permit.) So I went to church and left early to meet him at the airport. Well, we meet there and our pilot greeted us and explained everything to us. We would be flying over Buckhead, Atlanta, Tucker, Stone Mountain and Decatur.

Fast forward and we are in the air and for the first 5-10 minutes my nerves are horrible, but as I continued to say little prayers of protection and peace, my nervousness subsided. We had on headsets and could speak to each other. As we were flying over Buckhead and I was taking it all in and loving it Clyde says to me, "Baby, I love you." I responded, " I love you too, but baby LOOK AT THIS!" I was trying to get him to lean over my way and see the breathtaking view that I had. He then said, "Angela, I really love you" and I said "Baby, I love you more." He then states as I am turning to look at him, "I love you more. " Then when I turn to look at him, he was holding the most beautiful, clear, sparkling diamond ring. (Did I say how SPARKLY "she" was?!) He then asks, "Baby, will you marry me?" I was so caught off guard, that I did not answer immediately. I paused and then said" Of course I will marry you" then I was thinking to myself, you are supposed to say yes. "So I then said, "YES!" Literally, we were on cloud 9. It was such a thoughful, perfect proposal. He is so awesome and I am so blessed that we have one another. God is good!!

My side:
http://clydeandangela.blogspot.com/2008/08/our-engagement-story-love-takes-flight.html

His side:
http://clydeandangela.blogspot.com/2008/08/clydes-side-of-story.html

Then when I turn to look at him, he was holding the most beautiful, clear, sparkling diamond ring. (Did I say how SPARKLY "she" was?!) He then asks, "Baby, will you marry me?" I was so caught off guard, that I did not answer immediately. I paused and then said" Of course I will marry you" then I was thinking to myself, you are supposed to say yes. "So I then said, "YES!" Literally, we were on cloud 9. It was such a thoughful, perfect proposal. He is so awesome and I am so blessed that we have one another. God is good!!

:yep: That's so lovely...I can't imagine how great you felt!

Just curious.

My SO and I decided to get married and were planning the wedding before an actual "official" engagement. Yesterday he emails me the ring he wants to buy me for my approval ::sigh:: lol. So now I'm awaiting some kinda proposal, even though he's not the romantic type at all (obviously, from the email, you can tell that).

So, how did your current FI or DH propose?? Was it what you expected of him?

I don't have a story, but I can tell you my parents. My parents were sitting by each other on the couch, and after many, many nights of this, my Grandmother would walk into the room and say "It's 3am (whatever time it was) and I think it's about time that you go," to my father. They sat there and my dad said "you know, I'm here every night." My mom said "yeah, that's true." My dad said, "Well, how about we get married?" My mom said "good idea."

:lachen:

No engagement ring, but it's all good, it's been almost 34 years and one fabulous kid later.

Proposals don't always have to be super romantic, everyone has their own way!

I just love how did he propose stories.

Is it wrong to tell the perspective hubby what type of proposal you would like once you start talking marriage? If marriage is never brought up of course I wouldn't share.

I think telling could really help from being disappointed when the time comes. No? I know just asking is huge and whatever he decides to do on his own is sincere (I would hope). But, sometimes if you want them to step it up you have to give them a little nudge so why not with the proposal.

Ooooh I'm loving these proposal stories!!!

So he emailed me a different ring last night asking my thoughts on it, I liked it just as much as the one he sent me before, maybe slightly more, but my first thought was..."dammit that means he didn't buy one yet!" lol (selfish, i know) i'm hoping this comparison shopping ish doesn't last too long!

Congratulations in advance, Whimsy!!!

Here is my proposal story: It was my birthday, and he took me to an Italian restaurant in SoHo. We sat at a table near the window, and he put my gift on the ledge next to him. He kept pushing it closer and closer to me throughout the evening, and he said that it would be mine when it was on my side of the ledge.

After we had eaten dinner, the gift was on my side of the ledge. I opened it. It was a jewelry box (I'd ask for one so that I'd have somewhere to store my jewelry.). I opened the box and there was an engagement ring inside of it. I picked up the ring, but he took it from me and got on one knee. He said, "DarlingDiva, I love you and would like to be your husband. Will you marry me?"

At first, I kept asking him if he was serious because I wasn't expecting a proposal at all. When he kept on telling me that he was serious, I said yes.

Then we took a 20-minute walk to Battery City Park. As soon as we got there, he asked me for a wedding date.

I just love how did he propose stories.

Is it wrong to tell the perspective hubby what type of proposal you would like once you start talking marriage? If marriage is never brought up of course I wouldn't share. I think telling could really help from being disappointed when the time comes. No? I know just asking is huge and whatever he decides to do on his own is sincere (I would hope). But, sometimes if you want them to step it up you have to give them a little nudge so why not with the proposal.

In my opinion, you don't want to start squelching the man's creativity early on. You may start a trend where he feels like he doesn't measure up to your expectations. Then you have another issue where he doesn't do little cute things because he feels that you may not approve. I have seen this dynamic in a relationship or two.

Back