How come nobody TOLD ME???

aloof one

That I have been walking around like this for... WEEKS.

oct30kitchenoa0.jpg
oct30sideoq4.jpg

this is what my hair looks like after co-washing and airdrying. Look at my kitchen!

I know there is nothing wrong with being 4b... my entire edges are that way (at least in the back and by the ears) and I enjoy the diversity .. but dang. Why do I have to look like two different people in the back of the head??? These beady beads are just embarrassing! I wish I could just be all 4b or all 4a or something... And what is stranger about it is the fact that when I stretch my kitchen out,... it is actually 2.5 inches long... It is SOO different from the rest of my head... you can actually see exactly where the waves stop and the kinks begin. Is there a way i could make this blend in with the rest of my head? because I feel like people are looking at me behind like :blush:....Now that i have a good camera and can see these things I am in shock... My friends usually tell me what's wrong... I mean one time I put beeswax on my edges and they said it looked like taco meat (it did :nono:) but they had the nerve to have me at work looking this way??? How come nobody told me???

Last edited:
im sorry...bwhahahaha :lachen:...have u tried brushing it with a soft brush, or using leave in and using a scarf to get it straight???

How about moisturizing and braiding or plaiting it up at nite. This should stretch it out so it will blend better in your ponytail. HTH

OMG! It's really not that bad but your post had me crackin up!:lachen: Maybe you can wear your ponytail a little lower to cover is up a little and find a special moisturizer for this part of your hair. It's growing and no matter if it was 4zz that's always a good thing.

OMG! It's really not that bad but your post had me crackin up!:lachen: Maybe you can wear your ponytail a little lower to cover is up a little and find a special moisturizer for this part of your hair. It's growing and no matter if it was 4zz that's always a good thing.

I think its more of a 4zzzz to the tenth :nono: lol
I just thought it was strange... like when you have your underwear showing and no one taps your shoulder to tell you. I felt like that nightmare where everyone saw a sex tape (i never made one, but apparently there was one out there) of me on the internet! (OK not that bad really)

can someone who has some 4zzz in the back tell me about any moisturizers or gels that could help me with this..? Most water-based anything does nothing for me because my strands are thick and course and suck it up and get back to doing their thing immediately thereafter... :ohwell:

:lachen: I'm sorry, but your post had me cracking up!!! Maybe use a lot of moisturizer, brush it and tie it up at night?

I guess for same reason your so called friends do tell you that you if you missed eye crust or a boggie or something they just let you walk around smiling up in yo face :lachen:like aint nuthing goin oin but the rent.

Maybe instead of trying to straighten it out you coud try to enhance the curlies until it start to stretch in the pony. Some people have tried Ms Jessies Curly Pudding. That may make them look soft and curly and not dry. I dont think it looks bad but it looks like your hair is dry. I am thinking that moisture will help the appearance. The way you described this was too funny.:lachen:

Is your nape broken off? Maybe that is scab hair. It may not even be your texture. I agree with wearing the low ponytail. Babying that area and going natural will help it grow.

Al00fone,

Your post is too funny! I agree with the other posters to just wear your ponytail lower and brush lightly and use a scarf at night. I like how wavy your hair is; I am a 4a too; I wonder if my hair would look like that if I was natural... (thinking out loud)

HTH! :yep:

Al00fone,

Your post is too funny! I agree with the other posters to just wear your ponytail lower and brush lightly and use a scarf at night. I like how wavy your hair is; I am a 4a too; I wonder if my hair would look like that if I was natural... (thinking out loud)

HTH! :yep:

you should stretch a little and see what it looks like! I absolutely LOVE my waves!!! its just disappointing to know that my kitchen was lying to me all this time. this stuff is like Jekyll and hyde! It was always the best looking part of my hair because I relaxed it bone straight and never knew it was as outrageous as it is now--- growing in it starts out in waves then all of a sudden after I was one month post it started twisting and turning like twizzlers.... no wonder i always relaxed at 4 weeks! :blush:

oct30kitchenoa0.jpg
oct30sideoq4.jpg

this is what my hair looks like after co-washing and airdrying. Look at my kitchen!

I know there is nothing wrong with being 4b... my entire edges are that way (at least in the back and by the ears) and I enjoy the diversity .. but dang. Why do I have to look like two different people in the back of the head??? These beady beads are just embarrassing! I wish I could just be all 4b or all 4a or something... And what is stranger about it is the fact that when I stretch my kitchen out,... it is actually 2.5 inches long... It is SOO different from the rest of my head... you can actually see exactly where the waves stop and the kinks begin. Is there a way i could make this blend in with the rest of my head? because I feel like people are looking at me behind like :blush:....Now that i have a good camera and can see these things I am in shock... My friends usually tell me what's wrong... I mean one time I put beeswax on my edges and they said it looked like taco meat (it did :nono:) but they had the nerve to have me at work looking this way??? How come nobody told me???

Dang girl! I was not expecting that! Wow, you have like 4a and 4f right on the same head. Do you brush after you co-wash, it looks like you don't brush the back of your head. Is your hair moisturized in the back. I am just really surprised at the two different textures.

Dang girl! I was not expecting that! Wow, you have like 4a and 4f right on the same head. Do you brush after you co-wash, it looks like you don't brush the back of your head. Is your hair moisturized in the back. I am just really surprised at the two different textures.

I comb to detangle, then I use a boar brush on the front and back. This stuff is so resistant! isnt it crazy?

I brush, then it goes right back to it. Its outrageous! I always hear about ladies brushing their hair and it lays down and using aloe vera or some kinda gel and/or water and all this other stuff that does nothing for me. These strands are not fine, theyre probably some of the nappiest hair ever! its like Im Nigerian in the back and Taiwanese/black in the front. My twin brother is completely a 4b (well we think so since he doesn't brush) all over even though he was a 3a when he was born. I was born with hair that was all the way nappy, and now I suddenly have curls and coils on the top. And Im guessing the back forgot to change with the rest... :perplexed

:lachen::lachen:OMG:lachen::lachen::lachen:

The only reason it doesnt look so pleasing (sorry) IMO is because its only that portion of your head, if your whole head was like that there would be no problem, but you have a straight ponytail, and then that.

They just dont look moisturized enough, have you tried some s-curl or carefree on the back area?

You are funny though, what were you trying to acheive with the beeswax on your edges? :lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen:OMG:lachen::lachen::lachen:

The only reason it doesnt look so pleasing (sorry) IMO is because its only that portion of your head, if your whole head was like that there would be no problem, but you have a straight ponytail, and then that.

They just dont look moisturized enough, have you tried some s-curl or carefree on the back area?

You are funny though, what were you trying to acheive with the beeswax on your edges? :lachen::lachen:

Man... I have no idea. My edges were something else and I couldn't find ANYTHing that worked... of course the beeswax is still on my shelf with my fingerprints still on the top--- I refuse to touch it again unless I magically decide to get dreadlocks. However, FX Special Effects molding wax is the only thing that works on my edges now, and it does have a little beeswax in it.

I think I am going to refill my S-Curl.. that is probably what went wrong though. I have about a drop left and havent used it in a while, so I guess I'll replace ASAP...

The next time you comb and brush, add a dime sized dab of castor oil, brush lightly, and put a scarf on it. When you take the scarf off a little bit later (or overnight as the case may be), your kitchen will be smooth and laying down - beady beads will be gone. You'd don't have to go hog wild with the expensive castor oils, just pick up some from the pharmacy area at rite-aid or your local drug store.

you should stretch a little and see what it looks like! I absolutely LOVE my waves!!! its just disappointing to know that my kitchen was lying to me all this time. this stuff is like Jekyll and hyde! It was always the best looking part of my hair because I relaxed it bone straight and never knew it was as outrageous as it is now--- growing in it starts out in waves then all of a sudden after I was one month post it started twisting and turning like twizzlers.... no wonder i always relaxed at 4 weeks! :blush:

Ok, that is hilarious. But maybe it looks like that because the back is so much shorter than the rest of your hair. Not only are they completely different textures but it looks like you have SL/APL in the top and middle and a itsy bitsy TWA in the back. :ohwell: If you can get the back to grow out, I dont think it will look so bad.

Ok, that is hilarious. But maybe it looks like that because the back is so much shorter than the rest of your hair. Not only are they completely different textures but it looks like you have SL/APL in the top and middle and a itsy bitsy TWA in the back. :ohwell: If you can get the back to grow out, I dont think it will look so bad.

Yea i should have thought about that before I cut off the messed up relaxed ends 6 months
actually my kitchen reaches down my neck--- only when I straighten it though, I dont know how close it is, but it should be shoulder length in a few months or so I think.

I comb to detangle, then I use a boar brush on the front and back. This stuff is so resistant! isnt it crazy?

I brush, then it goes right back to it. Its outrageous! I always hear about ladies brushing their hair and it lays down and using aloe vera or some kinda gel and/or water and all this other stuff that does nothing for me. These strands are not fine, theyre probably some of the nappiest hair ever! its like Im Nigerian in the back and Taiwanese/black in the front. My twin brother is completely a 4b (well we think so since he doesn't brush) all over even though he was a 3a when he was born. I was born with hair that was all the way nappy, and now I suddenly have curls and coils on the top. And Im guessing the back forgot to change with the rest... :perplexed

Girl, I will take your opinion if you say you brush it. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you can use some gel instead of beeswax. Gel always keeps your curl or kink pattern intact. I know 4's say it doesn't work for them but it is worth a try.:ohwell:

Yall ladies are soo funny.:lachen:But yall mean well telling the girl she has 4z hair. LOLOL. Oh my gosh I'm speechless. I agree w/ the rest. Moisturize, scarf method, maybe blowdyring it straight? I would get frustrated too.

oct30kitchenoa0.jpg
oct30sideoq4.jpg

Your post had me rolling over laughing not about ur kitchens but because u should know folks won't tell a sista that her nape is nappy for fear of getting a beat down, lol:lachen::lachen::lachen:

That's EXACTLY how my kitchen looks - I cut the nape area recently because of the tangles.

But, I :love: my beady beads man. If I were bolder, I'd shave my whole head and expose all of my beautiful, exotic looking (yeah, that's right!) beady beads!!!

I have the same thing! I don't have beady beads when my hair grows in, but more like soft cotton. I have big bold waves in the front when my ng grows in but soft cotton in the back.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:This whole thread is crazy funny!

But seriously, I have no personal experience but can I offer some creativity?

What if you cut that area with scissors all the way so that you just had peach fuzz and then retrained it as it grew out using a baby brush and wax. It wouldn't change the texture but it could train the hair to grow in the same direction and lay down.

Just an idea.

And if I knew you girl- I'd tell you!!

oct30kitchenoa0.jpg
oct30sideoq4.jpg

Girl, I almost spit my coffee out reading your post this morning :lachen:
I guess you can try some of the tips the naturals use. I'm sorry I could be of no help.

Nothing to add but :lachen: There are some good tips already suggested. How about tying your hair down with a scarf so that it lays down.

Your post had me rolling over laughing not about ur kitchens but because u should know folks won't tell a sista that her nape is nappy for fear of getting a beat down, lol:lachen::lachen::lachen:

lol i bet thats what they were afraid of. yall know Im crazy, I guess they must know too :look:

Girl, I don't have your type/grade hair, but your pic sure made me run to the bathroom at work and try to check my own kitchen with my compact mirror to make sure the 'beady-b's' weren't out in full force! lol

That's EXACTLY how my kitchen looks - I cut the nape area recently because of the tangles.

But, I :love: my beady beads man. If I were bolder, I'd shave my whole head and expose all of my beautiful, exotic looking (yeah, that's right!) beady beads!!!

man I wish I had all that gorgeous hair like yours to hide it with! I have this horrible thought of having like 10 inches of hair in my kitchen and it still looking exactly like it does in the picture... this shrinkage is OUTRAGEOUS!! I really mean it when I say its like two different peoples' hair on my head. I think the only way I would expose my kitchen again was if I had a TWA or something, and I would only want one if all my hair was 4b...

Could yall imagine me with a TWA? This is why i refuse to BC... I bet people would think I had on a curly toupee on top of some beady beads, .. lol :blush:

Back