How come nobody TOLD ME???

Don't get discouraged about your nape area. I think that your doing the best thing by letting it do its thing and fill out. All of that special care to this area will pay off in the long run.

I use the Mane and Tail carrot oil cream on my little sister's hair. That seems to calm it down and makes it extra soft, easy to comb and brush through. HTH

not sure if you relaxe or not, but when my nape get to looking like that, I texlax my halo. You can just texlax your nape. This helps me better that brushing, since I dont brush. It also stops any breakage for me. I just leave it on for 5 minutes including application time.

not sure if you relaxe or not, but when my nape get to looking like that, I texlax my halo. You can just texlax your nape. This helps me better that brushing, since I dont brush. It also stops any breakage for me. I just leave it on for 5 minutes including application time.

I wish it were that simple. I am transitioning to natural, so i want to cease all relaxing completely. i used to do that texlaxing deal but it only hurt me in the end because it turned my kitchen into a poofball that broke off all the time. I experience No breakage in my nape now that its natural, so I prefer not to relax because it is growing faster this way

man I wish I had all that gorgeous hair like yours to hide it with! I have this horrible thought of having like 10 inches of hair in my kitchen and it still looking exactly like it does in the picture... this shrinkage is OUTRAGEOUS!! I really mean it when I say its like two different peoples' hair on my head. I think the only way I would expose my kitchen again was if I had a TWA or something, and I would only want one if all my hair was 4b...

Could yall imagine me with a TWA? This is why i refuse to BC... I bet people would think I had on a curly toupee on top of some beady beads, .. lol :blush:

Girl you got me in tears over here!!!!
roflmao.gif

man I wish I had all that gorgeous hair like yours to hide it with! I have this horrible thought of having like 10 inches of hair in my kitchen and it still looking exactly like it does in the picture... this shrinkage is OUTRAGEOUS!! I really mean it when I say its like two different peoples' hair on my head. I think the only way I would expose my kitchen again was if I had a TWA or something, and I would only want one if all my hair was 4b...

Could yall imagine me with a TWA? This is why i refuse to BC... I bet people would think I had on a curly toupee on top of some beady beads, .. lol :blush:

LMAO!!!:lachen:

I don't know why they didn't tell you. I got friends that will call something like that out...QUICK!!! My question to you is, do you know how to see the back of your head with a mirror?

I'd suggest camouflaging the area until it grows out, and checking the mirror to make sure it's "acting right" before leaving the house.

Camouflaging techniques would probably work better than brushing it to death, because that would put even more stress on the hair. Low ponytails, low buns, braidouts should do the trick. You could even wear your hair in the style you have in these pics, but sweep it lower in the back, instead of pulling it all the way up. Also remember to moisturize and seal. Good luck!

Moisturize...Brush...then style your hair into a low ponytail...hth!

Bedtime: Moisturize - massage this area with a little castor oil - brush it with your fingers and put a headband. When it becomes longer, braid it or cornrow it at night.
Style: low style to cover this area until it grows.

My son pretty much has your hair in the back....maybe a wee bit looser curls.

His father who has the same hair type (but is growing his hair out so that he can put it in twists later) bought this for my son when he was home last.

12_product.jpg

I know some people SWEAR off PINK anything (and I'm in that boat) but this has really helped tame my son's very curly hair.

MAYBE it'll work for you. It's a new product I think. He bought it for my son in September.

I just came back to look at your pictures again. :look:

Can you do a stretch so we can see how long the hair is in the back? I'm always amazed by the shrinkage some people have. :yep:

I just came back to look at your pictures again. :look:

Can you do a stretch so we can see how long the hair is in the back? I'm always amazed by the shrinkage some people have. :yep:

I am amazed myself. its weird to actually see it for once cause my camera is so much better. My mirror i have been using has no magnification (and typically I dont wear my glasses while getting dressed and blah blah blah) so I never really noticed what this looked like after I straightened. I felt it, and felt a difference, but didn't see what I see now... it is so weird knowing that I actually chopped this all down to about 1cm or less back in June and here I am just a little more than 4 months later:

oct31straightkitchen2xc6.jpg

pardon the .... bacne. i am getting on Accutane as soon as I go hom eto see the doctor

eta: if it looks crooked its because the right side does grow faster than the left on my entire head for some odd reason.. :wallbash:

OMG!! You have such long hair back there!! Keep it moisturized as the others have suggested. Try twisting it while it is wet, then stretch it (I use a roller). Once it is dry, it will have some length. You can then use the scarf method to try to blend it in with your pony. HTH

OMG!! You have such long hair back there!! Keep it moisturized as the others have suggested. Try twisting it while it is wet, then stretch it (I use a roller). Once it is dry, it will have some length. You can then use the scarf method to try to blend it in with your pony. HTH

Thanks, i will try that the next time I airdry to see if it blends in that way better

That I have been walking around like this for... WEEKS.

oct30kitchenoa0.jpg
oct30sideoq4.jpg

this is what my hair looks like after co-washing and airdrying. Look at my kitchen!

I know there is nothing wrong with being 4b... my entire edges are that way (at least in the back and by the ears) and I enjoy the diversity .. but dang. Why do I have to look like two different people in the back of the head??? These beady beads are just embarrassing! I wish I could just be all 4b or all 4a or something... And what is stranger about it is the fact that when I stretch my kitchen out,... it is actually 2.5 inches long... It is SOO different from the rest of my head... you can actually see exactly where the waves stop and the kinks begin. Is there a way i could make this blend in with the rest of my head? because I feel like people are looking at me behind like :blush:....Now that i have a good camera and can see these things I am in shock... My friends usually tell me what's wrong... I mean one time I put beeswax on my edges and they said it looked like taco meat (it did :nono:) but they had the nerve to have me at work looking this way??? How come nobody told me???

My hair does the EXACT SAME THING. It looks the EXACT SAME WAY.
Brushing don't work!
Moisturizers don't work!
NOTHING WORKS!!!

The only thing that makes mine look at least half way decent is that Fantasia IC Gel. Doesn't flake but has great hold. I put some of that on and then tie with a scarf. But I have to keep doing that to make it look decent.

My hair is exactly like yours in the front but it is a mess in the back.

A100fone-I love when you post!:lachen::lachen:
I'm sorry that I dont have any solutions and I hope the ones suggested can help you. I really found the waves in your hair lovely and I'm amazed by the quality of your camera!:grin:

My hair does the EXACT SAME THING. It looks the EXACT SAME WAY.
Brushing don't work!
Moisturizers don't work!
NOTHING WORKS!!!

The only thing that makes mine look at least half way decent is that Fantasia IC Gel. Doesn't flake but has great hold. I put some of that on and then tie with a scarf. But I have to keep doing that to make it look decent.

My hair is exactly like yours in the front but it is a mess in the back.

This thread is a riot!!

I agree with the Fantasia IC Gel - that stuff is the truth! I do the same exact as FeelinIt....the gel with a scarf....oh so necessary :yep:

Back