How Come Nobody Ever Raves About...

aloof one

Luster's Pink Glosser?
luster_glosser.jpg
All this sealing with these expensive oils and creams and glycerin and pig doo doo... I mean it really has put a dent in my wallet. I remember before LHCF when I didn't have the urge to use the most expensive, hard to get stuff, this is what I used (besides Biosilk) on my hair in between washing and straightening.

I mean... the smell is atrocious to me but it is so light that I can use it everyday!:yep: I can't even do that with coconut oil or any other oil for that matter. When I use regular oil the buildup makes my hair sticky and heavy and sometimes causes shedding. If I use the spray I can just put it on my fingertips and massage it in or spray 2-3 times all over my hair everyday or every other day and my hair is shiny, bouncy, and not frizzy either.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been using this either... I feel like there is so much about this sealing crap and so much stuff is used and I am just ecstatic I found something that I didn't have to mix up in the kitchen or pay $20 for and it actually works:grin: I wish I had remembered this sooner.:ohwell:

Ingredients

C9-11 Isoparaffin , C14-16 Normal Paraffin , Isoeicosane , PPG-14 Butyl Ether , PPG-40 Butyl Ether , Shea Butter Extract Butyrospermum Parkii , Tocopherol Vitamin E , Jojoba Oil Simmondsia Sinensis , Wheat Germ Oil Triticum Vulgare , Kola Nut Extract Cola Nitida , Eucalyptus Extract Eucalyptus Globulus , Aloe Extract Aloe Barbadensis , Papaya Extract Carica Papaya , Matricaria Extract Chamomila Recutita , Henna Extract Lawsonia Inermis , Lemongrass Extract Cymbopogon Schoenanthus , Hydrocotyl Extract Centella Asiatica , Safflower Oil Carthamus Tinctorius , Castor Oil Ricinus Communis , Mink Oil Mustela , PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate , Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA , Fragrance Parfum

Pink Protection.
Lasting silky shine.
Helps eliminate the frizzies.
Alcohol free, non drying.
Revives dry hair with natural oils that smooth and seal the hair's cuticle layers.
This marvelous spray helps eliminate frizzies without leaving a heavy coating or buildup.
Leaves hair looking smooth, glossy, and silky.
Pink Glosser can be used daily.
Great on wet or dry hair.
Shea Butter - Softens and shines the hair
Aloe Extract - Soothes itchy scalp and has anti-bacterial properties
Jojoba Oil - Provides excellent combing and conditioning
55% V.O.C VOC Compiliant

i saw it in your avatar, and thought it was a joke. when i think lusters, i think pink lotion, and then i have flashbacks of damaged, dried out, oily hair....... aka my childhood and early teen years...

:ahem:

i wonder what the ingredients are? :googling:

ingredients:
C9-11 Isoparaffin , C14-16 Normal Paraffin , Isoeicosane , PPG-14 Butyl Ether , PPG-40 Butyl Ether , Shea Butter Extract Butyrospermum Parkii , Tocopherol Vitamin E , Jojoba Oil Simmondsia Sinensis , Wheat Germ Oil Triticum Vulgare , Kola Nut Extract Cola Nitida , Eucalyptus Extract Eucalyptus Globulus , Aloe Extract Aloe Barbadensis , Papaya Extract Carica Papaya , Matricaria Extract Chamomila Recutita , Henna Extract Lawsonia Inermis , Lemongrass Extract Cymbopogon Schoenanthus , Hydrocotyl Extract Centella Asiatica , Safflower Oil Carthamus Tinctorius , Castor Oil Ricinus Communis , Mink Oil Mustela , PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate , Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA , Fragrance Parfum

not so sure about the paraffin, but i'm glad it works okay for you.

once that runs out, have you tried organics tea tree shine? it's about the same price as this stuff, smells yummy, gives amazing shine, and ... um... is great?

sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread with another product! :look:

Last edited:
I was using this back in 2006 when i would wear my hair straight and just starting with hair---I was thinking that oils should be heavy or thick like castor oil and coconut oil that i kept reading about, and what i do remember is its very light, I would sit there and spray and spray and it wouldnt feel greasy or get weighed down at all-- and i got a good little shine from it, and i remember i didnt like the smell as well....Whenever im in the hairstore i always wonder about re-buying it, I've see this woman who works at a nextdoor salon come by and buy whole shelf like 3 times.

I couldnt remember how i should use it---Like a oilsheen type thing for extra, or as a everyday sealer? Or if it ever had the tendacy to get sticky.

I think i remember Isis used it? ----Anyway Bump, want to hear more about it.

Well in between washing and straightening I spray it almost daily just a few sprays.

I needed something to make my hair not dry out, and keep it shiny and bouncy, and coconut oil actually coated my hair too much over time. I think this stuff has jojoba, which is probably why it works so well.

I was using this back in 2006 when i would wear my hair straight and just starting with hair---I was thinking that oils should be heavy or thick like castor oil and coconut oil that i kept reading about, and what i do remember is its very light, I would sit there and spray and spray and it wouldnt feel greasy or get weighed down at all-- and i got a good little shine from it, and i remember i didnt like the smell as well....Whenever im in the hairstore i always wonder about re-buying it, I've see this woman who works at a nextdoor salon come by and buy whole shelf like 3 times.

I couldnt remember how i should use it---Like a oilsheen type thing for extra, or as a everyday sealer? Or if it ever had the tendacy to get sticky.

I think i remember Isis used it? ----Anyway Bump, want to hear more about it.

i saw it in your avatar, and thought it was a joke. when i think lusters, i think pink lotion, and then i have flashbacks of damaged, dried out, oily hair....... aka my childhood and early teen years...

once that runs out, have you tried organics tea tree shine? it's about the same price as this stuff, smells yummy, gives amazing shine, and ... um... is great?

sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread with another product! :look:

I wiill consider that organics stuff, it sounds goo too for when I do run out.

I hate Pink Lotion, but this stuff doesn't have any mineral oil so its OK in my book... but it is kind of funky. Thats why sometimes I put a drop of Organix Coconut Oil anti breakage serum on top of it to make the smell go away a bit.

Can you put a pic of what the tea tree stuff looks like?

Luster's Pink Glosser?
luster_glosser.jpg

All this sealing with these expensive oils and creams and glycerin and pig doo doo... I mean it really has put a dent in my wallet. I remember before LHCF when I didn't have the urge to use the most expensive, hard to get stuff, this is what I used (besides Biosilk) on my hair in between washing and straightening.

I mean... the smell is atrocious to me but it is so light that I can use it everyday!:yep: I can't even do that with coconut oil or any other oil for that matter. When I use regular oil the buildup makes my hair sticky and heavy and sometimes causes shedding. If I use the spray I can just put it on my fingertips and massage it in or spray 2-3 times all over my hair everyday or every other day and my hair is shiny, bouncy, and not frizzy either.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been using this either... I feel like there is so much about this sealing crap and so much stuff is used and I am just ecstatic I found something that I didn't have to mix up in the kitchen or pay $20 for and it actually works:grin: I wish I had remembered this sooner.:ohwell:
Fluffylocks is correct. Until I discovered Aveda Brilliant Serum, I learned about Pink Glosser on this board. :) I really liked using it and have created many posts about it here. There are no cones, a good list of natural ingredients, no build-up, leaves a beautiful shine, I really like the smell and it's available almost everywhere. :yep:

I used to use this about a year ago. The only thing I hated about it was when I sprayed, it would get into my mouth and the taste is awful. Usually I would spritz it on right after I rollerset and then go under the dryer. My curls would shine.

yUPP. tHIS stuff is pretty good. It made my hair shiny, and smooth, and didn't dry it out.
I don know why I don't use it anymore. I have to remember that not all PINK's products are bad. Just that evil pink lotion:lachen:

yUPP. tHIS stuff is pretty good. It made my hair shiny, and smooth, and didn't dry it out.
I don know why I don't use it anymore. I have to remember that not all PINK's products are bad. Just that evil pink lotion:lachen:

I think LHCF has poisoned me against a lot of good products:rolleyes: The last time I saw this stuff in my cabinet was like April 2007, and right after I became a member I heard errbody dissin Lusters so I figured it really was bad. I'll never let it go now that I've got it back, I'll try other stuff but right now this is my new favorite thing:yep:

I was unaware of this product!! I try to use mostly natural products, but this seems to be a good 1. Trying to recover from being a pj, but I may have to keep an eye on this 1.

I was unaware of this product!! I try to use mostly natural products, but this seems to be a good 1. Trying to recover from being a pj, but I may have to keep an eye on this 1.

To be honest, I never had a problem when I used to use Luster's Pink oil moisturizer. :look: But nowadays I try to avoid products with mineral oil and petroleum. If I see this in a store near me I may decide to try it out.

I started a thread raving about this product a couple of years ago. I kept it on hand until late last year when I no longer really needed it and I was paring down my regimen. It's a great product though and if I wore a wrap, I'd probably still use it.

I started a thread raving about this product a couple of years ago. I kept it on hand until late last year when I no longer really needed it and I was paring down my regimen. It's a great product though and if I wore a wrap, I'd probably still use it.
You're the one I learned about this from. :yep: It's a great product containing good things for the hair and at a great price.

This product is actually okay. I stopped using it a few years ago. When I cut all my hair off I used to love this stuff because I would have a crazy shine! I think most ppl diss it is because its made by Lusters and you know...Pink Lotion and petroleum comes to mind when most ppl think about Lusters. :ohwell:

I just picked this up today after doing a search and hearing about this product. I was going to get an oil sheen but decided on this, the smell is interesting but the ingredienys sounded better than any oil sheen, and lord knows my hair needs some shine.

I used to use it, starting about 10 months ago and ending maybe 4 months ago. I loved it at the time, but then I realized my hair behaved better without it, and doesn't like it for sealing either, but that's just me.

Ingredients

Pink Protection.
Lasting silky shine.
Helps eliminate the frizzies.
Alcohol free, non drying.
Revives dry hair with natural oils that smooth and seal the hair's cuticle layers.
This marvelous spray helps eliminate frizzies without leaving a heavy coating or buildup.
Leaves hair looking smooth, glossy, and silky.
Pink Glosser can be used daily.
Great on wet or dry hair.
Shea Butter - Softens and shines the hair
Aloe Extract - Soothes itchy scalp and has anti-bacterial properties
Jojoba Oil - Provides excellent combing and conditioning
55% V.O.C VOC Compiliant

The First four Petro chem derived ingredients would keep me away from this product.
I would never use it, and I would never reccomend it.

Of Course, To each his/her own....

I wiill consider that organics stuff, it sounds goo too for when I do run out.

I hate Pink Lotion, but this stuff doesn't have any mineral oil so its OK in my book... but it is kind of funky. Thats why sometimes I put a drop of Organix Coconut Oil anti breakage serum on top of it to make the smell go away a bit.

Can you put a pic of what the tea tree stuff looks like?

Actually it does.
Parrafin and the other ingredients are fancy names for petroleum - or they are petroleum derived.

ooh i still have mine! i loved it when i was relaxed and i actually like the smell. i might have to get this out of my relaxed hair products storage bin.

Back