Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I know it sounds like alot but I take 45-60 pills. I know I know:spinning:...:perplexed But 15 small pills equal 3 grams and I cannot take the powder. Honestly I think as time goes on I will take it down a little but I love the results I am getting at this level. The energy benefits alone are enough to keep me going.

Sooo about that discounted autoship program?????

Thanks for the heads up:grin:

ETA: Guys how many of the little green pills are you guys taking?

Yikes, 45-60 pills does seem like alot, but if you are getting great benefits from it...keep it going.

Do you take them all at one sitting or spread it out over the course of the day? How long have you been using chlorella, and how soon did you notice the increase in energy?

I currently take 20 pills at one sitting. Thinking about maybe taking 20 with breakfast or lunch, then 20 again with dinner. I'm not really getting that energy boost yet, so I probably need to up it.

For auto ship, call customer service, they have several plans available...gold plan, best plan...yada yada yada. When you speak with a rep they have some wiggle room on the price. I just kept asking for free stuff or a better discount, and it worked...lol.

Yikes, 45-60 pills does seem like alot, but if you are getting great benefits from it...keep it going.

Do you take them all at one sitting or spread it out over the course of the day? How long have you been using chlorella, and how soon did you notice the increase in energy?

I currently take 20 pills at one sitting. Thinking about maybe taking 20 with breakfast or lunch, then 20 again with dinner. quote]

Yes I take 25 w/ breakfast and 20 with dinner or a 30/30 split. I successfully take the pills and I have been taking Chlorella since mid-April. I keep my diet pretty clean and was green w/i a few days. I detoxed quickly and energy w/i two weeks. I work out regularly and have since cancelled my gym membership brought and elliptical and w/o outside or at home. I always thought I needed a class & would force myself to go because I was paying for it. With Chlorella I have the getup & go to get at it alone. Needless to say my energy is up & that is priceless...

Hey green girls!

I'm back in the UK now, with 4 tubs of SN CHL in tow, I placed my order with iherb - wanted to get the powder but I see ya'll took it all!!! I had a few treats and chocolate after my wedding - now its time to detox before I get a chance to get hooked on the sugar and any bad stuff again. I know I can do it with CHL to help, I'll be taking it with my egg shake in the mornings again.

One thing I have noticed with my hair is that the recent growth, (with CHL) is THICKKKKK! There's a marked difference in the newer hair and the majority of my length. Some would minichop its such a difference, but I refuse!

I'm going to get back on track! I don't really like taking several pills. I have Earthrise Spriulina tablets and grinded then down to powder. I have also made my purchase of SN chlorella from vitacost. I noticed some things are cheaper than iherbs, but iherbs has free shipping for orders over $40.

Today I made a green smoothie with:

-Kale
-1 Pink Lady Apple
-2 Kiwis (peeled)
-blueberries & grapes
-1 tablespoon of Spirulina
-added water to taste & a sprinkle of acidophlus powder

Attachments

• IMG_0808b.jpg
    IMG_0808b.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 19
Hey green girls!

I'm back in the UK now, with 4 tubs of SN CHL in tow, I placed my order with iherb - wanted to get the powder but I see ya'll took it all!!! I had a few treats and chocolate after my wedding - now its time to detox before I get a chance to get hooked on the sugar and any bad stuff again. I know I can do it with CHL to help, I'll be taking it with my egg shake in the mornings again.

One thing I have noticed with my hair is that the recent growth, (with CHL) is THICKKKKK! There's a marked difference in the newer hair and the majority of my length. Some would minichop its such a difference, but I refuse!

I've noticed a difference myself. So much so that I was thinking of flat ironing so I could see the length and trimming. However, I have some layers to get out anyways. I think I'll do it over time. I definitely had thick hair before but now it is really RIDICULOUS. I think it's a good thing though. I love the look of thick hair.:yep:

I migt have to stop chlorella. As much as i love the results, it bloats me up. I drink lots of water and am only taking 4g a day. The only way i noticed is because i forgot to take it for a few days and then took it yesterday morning and by the evening was bloated as hell.

I migt have to stop chlorella. As much as i love the results, it bloats me up. I drink lots of water and am only taking 4g a day. The only way i noticed is because i forgot to take it for a few days and then took it yesterday morning and by the evening was bloated as hell.

How about just reducing to where you don't bloat? Just a thought. Some like babydollhair are just taking 3gms and they are still getting benefits.

Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella seems to be potent. If I miss a few days and go back to it, it seems like I go through detox all over again.

Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella seems to be potent. If I miss a few days and go back to it, it seems like I go through detox all over again.

I agree with you on this one. I have been trying to find out what's in it. I bought some while out of my Earthrise, which I never strayed from and the detox was instant. I didn't even miss any days, and I stayed at my reg 12g. :blush:

Is their brand the one you have always taken?

Even if you have to go slower please go slower. There is NO race. For those eating normal (with pizza and Mcdonald's here and there or other fast food, and processed foods), I'd increase slowly too. Your body has to detox ALL of that.

For those that live in polluted cities (me!) like NY, you may have to watch yourself and see how fast you detox and increase slowly unless you are constantly eating right and have been doing detoxes to help increase your health previously. You'll know by the way your body reacts.

I increased rather quickly but I had a previous detox back in September, and in addition, I also eat really well. And I mean it. The only time I've had fast food is here visiting my mom in Kentucky she convinced me to go down the street to get some burgers and fries. And boy did I feel ill the next day! My body is just not used to processed stuff anymore:nono:. Most of the time I cook my food, or purchase from organic restaurants. If I'm on the run my version of fast food: I'll purchase a fresh made falafel or a shrimp taco for the organic all natural taco stand down the street. I also end up in whole foods with my little container getting their fresh ready made soups, and fresh cooked meals (that's what I love about New York so many options) It's my only splurge. I don't buy many clothes...I buy organic food so that I can turn around my health (with fingers crossed because I've got a lot of work to do!).:grin:

I was thinking just that. So after stopping completely for abt a week; I took 1gm this am, and 2 hours later I feel nauseated and tired. I don't like having to be sick to be "healthy". I think 30+ days was a fair amount of time to assess the results. I don't think chorella agrees with me anymore. I may give it one more shot @ 500mg per day next week. :wallbash::nono:

ITA! :nono:

I feel the same way!! I was out this weekend and when I got more--boy did I FEEL IT!So tired. But this only lasted a couple of days. I only take 4 grams.But I love the results.:yep:

Last edited:
I agree with you on this one. I have been trying to find out what's in it. I bought some while out of my Earthrise, which I never strayed from and the detox was instant. I didn't even miss any days, and I stayed at my reg 12g. :blush:

Is their brand the one you have always taken?

The only other brand I've used is the "Now" brand pills. I had one bottle of those but I noticed that VS was not as inexpensive so I've been using those ever since. I had to cut my dosage back to 7 grams because I started losing weight at 9 grams.:ohwell: I'm 6' tall so I'm trying to maintain my weight at 165-175. I'm 162lbs now. 9 grams sent me back to the 150s.:nono:

I'm not sure how effective the NOW brand is because I only used one bottle.

Last edited:
I was thinking just that. So after stopping completely for abt a week; I took 1gm this am, and 2 hours later I feel nauseated and tired. I don't like having to be sick to be "healthy". I think 30+ days was a fair amount of time to assess the results. I don't think chorella agrees with me anymore. I may give it one more shot @ 500mg per day next week. :wallbash::nono:

Sorry to hear that. Some people are allergic just like with other foods, and some just aren't eating right, or have a lot of detoxing to do.

I would try the smallest amount. If you have the pills, go with the smallest like 250 mg to 350 mg, and drink tons of water, stay there a few weeks before increasing. Start after you've eaten right for a week or so so that you can make sure it's an allergy and not a response to eating habits. Know you still may need to detox.

IN addition you need to assess your pills...are they japanese? I know someone pm'd me and they had chinese chlorella. When they changed they instantly felt better. Chinese is not regulated the same way.

I hope you are able to tweak it and continue. If not, at least you tried and you may be allergic. Some are allergic to shellfish, eggs...yours just may be chlorella if you've tried everything you can.

Please also refer to post #1 and #2 for what to do when you're feeling sick (like you're going to throw up) and make sure you've tried all those suggestions first as they've helped other people. HTH

Hey all, I am in an experimenting mood...

I am so pleased with what Chlorella is doing for me internally and I've only been taking it for about a month. So, I decided to see what will happen when I used it topically so this morning I added a heaped teaspoon of chlorella to my cassia gloss (cassia, EVOO, coconut milk and yoghurt). My hair is not that long and is very thin so 1 heaped teaspoon was way too much - looked like a Chlorella gloss with some cassia added !

When I rinsed it out after 45 mins, hair felt strong but not hard - still not sure if that was just too much protein. At the moment am DC'ing with moisturizing conditioner will let you know the final result later.

Have just bought some aloe vera gel - will try to concoct a chlorella growth aid this week - transitioning from Ovation Cell Therapy to all things natural.

Any other experimenters out there? What results are you getting?

Reporting in on the Chlorella Gloss!!

Well I am certainly not one of those to dramatise but my hair loved it:lick:. the back of my hair is prob a 3C - really wispy -It drives me mad:wallbash: but once I'd rinsed off the DC (Ikove brand with EVCO added) the back of my hair looked almost as thick as the rest of it and most of all, all of my hair is strong.

I don't know if I can put that down to the chlorella but the back of my hair has never looked this thick or strong before. Chlorella certainly didnt harm it.

I now have eyebrows, nails and glowy skin. Have to pluck my chin and upper lip every 2 days - wow I am so glad.:lachen: It means something is going on

I love, love, love chlorella, it is a staple for life. Any other experimenters??

**Two week Update** I am now up to 3 gms now since monday i have noticed the following:
-Blurry eyes
-still have my headaches
-pimples popping up out of nowhere
-eye boogers
-stomache rumbling

Now for the good stuff i have noticed:
-no morning breath
-glowing skin
-unbelievable energy(SO noticed this last night):blush:
-wakin up before the alarm

I'm still waiting on the decreased appetite to kick in cause i need to get this weightloss started:rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed increased blood flow to certain areas...making certain activities better?:blush:

Last edited:
**Two week Update** I am now up to 3 gms now since monday i have noticed the following:
-Blurry eyes
-still have my headaches
-pimples popping up out of nowhere
-eye boogers
-stomache rumbling

Now for the good stuff i have noticed:
-no morning breath
-glowing skin
-unbelievable energy(SO noticed this last night):blush:
-wakin up before the alarm

I'm still waiting on the decreased appetite to kick in cause i need to get this weightloss started:rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed increased blood flow to certain areas...making certain activities better?:blush:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Uh...yes!:blush:

Sorry to hear that. Some people are allergic just like with other foods, and some just aren't eating right, or have a lot of detoxing to do.

I would try the smallest amount. If you have the pills, go with the smallest like 250 mg to 350 mg, and drink tons of water, stay there a few weeks before increasing. Start after you've eaten right for a week or so so that you can make sure it's an allergy and not a response to eating habits. Know you still may need to detox.

IN addition you need to assess your pills...are they japanese? I know someone pm'd me and they had chinese chlorella. When they changed they instantly felt better. Chinese is not regulated the same way.

I hope you are able to tweak it and continue. If not, at least you tried and you may be allergic. Some are allergic to shellfish, eggs...yours just may be chlorella if you've tried everything you can.

Please also refer to post #1 and #2 for what to do when you're feeling sick (like you're going to throw up) and make sure you've tried all those suggestions first as they've helped other people. HTH

Well LD! As usual, your advice was right on point, Even though I felt like a "chlorella baby", I reduced to 1 pill at 500mg. NO SICKNESS! :drunk: I took it a few hours before bed to allow for "sick time" to happen. Never did. I'll do 1 pill for 2wks then try to up it to 1 in am and 1 in pm rather than 1 HUGE dose.:yep: Thanks alot! :grin:

Well LD! As usual, your advice was right on point, Even though I felt like a "chlorella baby", I reduced to 1 pill at 500mg. NO SICKNESS! :drunk: I took it a few hours before bed to allow for "sick time" to happen. Never did. I'll do 1 pill for 2wks then try to up it to 1 in am and 1 in pm rather than 1 HUGE dose.:yep: Thanks alot! :grin:

Your welcome. And please don't push it. If you need to be at one pill for three weeks to a month then so be it. Just give your body time to adjust before upping it. Any chlorella is better than none.

Also it seems a good bet that you take it at night since you're sensitive. That way it won't interfere with other foods that you may have eaten.

Okay so I'm gonna start with this again. I'm gonna start with half a teaspoon. I still haven't found anything that masks the taste but I don't want to miss out on the benefits

Interesting...this will come in handy when I'm no longer celibate:ohwell::grin:

How is everyone doing on their chlorella journey?

I started taking chlorella this past Sunday. It took me two days to turn green! :yay: I'm currently taking the Source Naturals Yaeyama, 3 g.

Questions:

Does the powder absorb into your body faster than the tablets? I'm thinking about buying the powder after I finish the tablets.

Can I make a whole weeks worth of a green drink with chlorella or will it spoil?

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. TIA

Back