HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Wash Day will be using DB Pumpkin Seed Exlir with my Leave-In and will use Vatika Frosting after my Hair dries.:lick:

*Sounds like Dessert* :lol:

I have secured mason jars :grin: I will start preparing an oil infusion tonight! I am thinking of black cumin seed and fenugreek in either grapeseed or jojoba oil, and horsetail, nettle, yarrow and chammomile in another oil. What you guys think?

Took down 2 celie braids and sprayed hair with rosewater, conditioner, castor oil mix and smoothed through with fingers. Added garnier fructus curl construct mousse and used large pick to make a big fluffy fro ... of course it rained like he** after I left the house. I came home with an Ice Cube afro with tortoise shell combs at the temple.

Will apply mix of conditioner and ayurvedic oils before bed tonight, make 2 braids and co-wash tomorrow.

I have secured mason jars :grin: I will start preparing an oil infusion tonight! I am thinking of black cumin seed and fenugreek in either grapeseed or jojoba oil, and horsetail, nettle, yarrow and chammomile in another oil. What you guys think?

bajandoc86,

sounds like a nice mix of oils and herbs. please let us know how the infusions turn out and how you decide to use them (e.g. oil rinse, scalp massage, etc.) I have never done of these combinations. Looking forward to hearing your results. I love my mason jars :lick:

I oiled my scalp and edges and scalp massaged with my AVG/castor oil blend. I may start using it to seal my ends. I may try it in the morning.

gonna water rinse, dc & oil rinse (castor/sunflower) in a little bit.

ive been testing out not sealing separately...ive found that my hair loves oil rinses and it can handle my mix of water & castor oil, but when i actually put oil directly on my hair after a wash or to style, it doesnt feel too good...i feel like my hair just feels dry. maybe my hair doesnt like traditional "sealing" i never even really moisturize after i do a dc because i'll DC and then i use my oil rinse to sort of seal the moisture (i dont rinse the dc before putting the oil on) and then i rinse with cool water and my hair is usually good for a couple or days (though i still spray moisture for good measure haha)...hmm.

besides all that mess, my hair hasnt been as oily lately. hahaha. that's a plus all by itself.

Moisturized with Darcy's Shea curl lotion,Koils by Nature butter on ends & sealed with Walnut oil...Silky soft hair....Happy Hair Growing!

Got my hair relaxed today. Had the stylist rub Seyani hair butter into my scalp and hair after blowdrying. My hair is so soft right now!

massaging sweet almond oil into my scalp because it feels dry and scabby :/...been castor oiling lately though...Grow afro GROW!!! lol

I went swimming this afternoon. I am going to pre-poo with infusion of henna, amla, neem, Brahmi, maka and shikakai powders in blend of castor, almond, tea tree, sunflower and sesame oils.

Found a new herb shop. So bought a bottle of castor oil and some cedarwood eo. They had a lot of different EOs compared to my other health store. So going to read up on some EOs and get some more. They were reasonably priced to starting at $6.

After wash & Dc,used Donna Marie detangle & conditioner as a leave-in,Camille Rose (Almond Jai Butter) & Sealed with Walnut oil...Applied Hairitage (Calming Down Cream) on scalp,Peppermint pomade on edges....

Happy Hair Growing!

Sitting with my DC covered with a mix of JBCO, garlic-infused olive oil, hempseed, amla, and brahmi oils. I love this mix.

I washed out ayurvedic pre-poo, conditioned, applied neem infused olive oil to edges and ends. I added eco custard, sectioned hair for twists and applied neem oil to each section before twisting. I will trim ends after my swim tomorrow.

Just finished using Claudie's Tiffani Ceramide pomade. Once you put it in your hands, it feels more like a light oil. It's really nice!!!

Just washed/dc my bang,used Kyras coconut cream as leave-in,Kyras mango moisturizing cream & little Rice bran to seal..Bang back in roller...

*Winter time I wash/dc my bang more because its exposed to the elements..Daily...

Happy Hair Growing!

Back