Hooked on 1 line? Nexxux,Joico,Aveda etc??

There was a use-one-product-line 6 month challenege a couple of years ago. I used Nioxin and had decent results. I'm willing to do the challenge again, but with Joico. Which leave-in are you all (the ones sticking with Joico) using? I have a bunch of natural leave-ins that I want to use up before I buy another?

I'm trying to stay with just Phytospecifics but I find myself straying - daily - to my Elasta Mango Butter. I'm also doing BT, does that count as leaving my product line? :perplexed

Go for Joico! Nothing can tear me away from the Moisture Recovery line. When I was having issues with super dry hair, I bought the shampoo and conditioner. They smell amazing and work beauuutifully! When I did my first deep conditioner I was like :drool: Totally in love!!

What are these bad ingredients that you speak of in Nexxus??

How bout the Nexxus Phyto Organics Line?

I use the Phyto Organics line

this is ingredient list for Humectin

Aqua, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut), Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Honey (Mel), Orbingya Cohune Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parki), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta (100), DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Limonene, Parfum/Fragrance, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200).

Just bought Joico today for the first time @ Ulta (sale).....I love it, thanks to Gym & Artemis. So I'm now hooked on Joico plus Pantene Breakage Defense mask....these are going to be my staples. :)

There was a use-one-product-line 6 month challenege a couple of years ago. I used Nioxin and had decent results. I'm willing to do the challenge again, but with Joico. Which leave-in are you all (the ones sticking with Joico) using? I have a bunch of natural leave-ins that I want to use up before I buy another?

this is a great idea! I tried the Joico leave in and it did not work for me. I need a creamy leave in. I ordered aloe vera and liquid lecithin to try as a leave in. My fingers are crossed that this mixture works for me.

Just bought Joico today for the first time @ Ulta (sale).....I love it, thanks to Gym & Artemis. So I'm now hooked on Joico plus Pantene Breakage Defense mask....these are going to be my staples. :)

Welcome to the club........I am restocking my moisture recovery this month and trying the new body luxe

this is a great idea! I tried the Joico leave in and it did not work for me. I need a creamy leave in. I ordered aloe vera and liquid lecithin to try as a leave in. My fingers are crossed that this mixture works for me.

Try the Joico daily moisturizer...Shtow uses it.

hey sweetie,

I did. I returned it yesterday. If the spritz mixture does not work for me I will give it another go. I should have clarified before using the products when I got them though to give them a fair shake.

What was wrong with it? I never tried it but I was going too.

What was wrong with it? I never tried it but I was going too.

It did not moisturizer my hair enough. I am beginning to think that my hair does not like water based moisturizer. I read an article this morning that said that water based moisturizer are not really moisturizing at all, or something like that. I notice that when I use a water based moisturizer that within a couple of hours my hair is drier for some reason. I just started taking msm and efa oils and hopefully that will help with the dryness that I am having. I plan on try out the lecithin mixture/aloe vera recipe that was posted on the hair recipe forum and see how that goes.

It did not moisturizer my hair enough. I am beginning to think that my hair does not like water based moisturizer. I read an article this morning that said that water based moisturizer are not really moisturizing at all, or something like that. I notice that when I use a water based moisturizer that within a couple of hours my hair is drier for some reason. I just started taking msm and efa oils and hopefully that will help with the dryness that I am having. I plan on try out the lecithin mixture/aloe vera recipe that was posted on the hair recipe forum and see how that goes.

Let me know how that works for you. My sister is having a big problem with this so I will pass this on to her.

Soo,

I got my Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner liters in mail the other day along with the K-Pak Reconstructor.

How can the reconsctructor work on hair after only 5 minutes?

And the Joico conditioner said to leave on for 1 minute. Whatever! I DC'd w/ that for about 45 mins.

Came out nice..so far...We'll see how my breakage goes during the week.

hey sweetie,

you hair is looking good! makes me want to get a bald fade tomorrow......I may just do it.

Awwww! Thank You! I finally got some hair on my head LOL!!! Now I am just gonna let it do what it do, Go head on and get that Bald Fade and you know we wanna see some pics:grin:

I :love: :love: :love: Aveda! I pretty much use their products exclusively. I've never tried Joico or Nexxus, but if it ain't broke...

Back