Hits & Misses December 2014

On the fence:
Bel Nouvo Coco Castor spritz
It has an awesome scent and super slippy texture. It made my hair soft at first but my hair dried a bit hard and tangly. I feel like I have a bit of protein overload.

Continued hit Coconut oil

New hits
Sesame oil
Design Essentials 6 n 1 Reconstructor it left my hair strong (I am 13 months post relaxer)

Previous hit that's still a hit but somewhat a miss lol

Pantene co wash, it's great and gives me soft, detangled, clumped hair but it's hard to rinse out. I spend all that time rinsing and it still heavy whiteness in my hair. I just went ahead and got a dab of my Paul Mitchell tea tree to get it out. So it's back to searching for the perfect co wash

Continued hit: Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo, stuff is amazing. Love how I used it to get the co wash out but it didn't take away the softness of my hair or dry it out. Only shampoo that works, I have a almost full 10 oz (or 8oz idk) bottle but I can't wait to the next sale to buy the liter. And thank goodness it's a salon brand because they seldom change great formulas (looking at you Tresemme lol)

New hit: The Curl Rehab & JBCO combo I used today as a pre poo/dc

myronnie

That's interesting about the Bel Nouvo. It was next on my line-up.

I'll hafta' make it work, because I have x2.:rolleyes:

IDareT'sHair
I actually picked some up because I thought you had used it and liked it :lachen: I'm going to give it another try in a couple of days..hopefully it works a bit better. How do you like the Hair Milk?

I'm really liking the Curl Hydration spray by Obia though! :yep:

rileypak @sweatpea7 thank you for explaining! I've never really seen this mentioned before but it makes perfect sense. I'm going to try this during wash day today. I usually get the most tangles from the shampoo step so hopefully this will help cut back.

I forgot:

Miss: Adore clear rinse. I used it mixed with some aloe vera gel and it made my hair a little shinier but my hair was definitely not as soft as usual and it began breaking off and my scalp was flaking. It took quite a few co-washes to even everything out again. I was going to then try it mixed with deep conditioner (like another thread suggested) but I don't want my scalp/hair acting up again if it doesn't work. I'm definitely going to stop trying to "make it work" when it comes to my hair. Either it does or it doesn't. All products that don't go to my daughter or another family member/friend who can better use it.

Hits:

Cherry lola Treatment
Annabelles Perfect Blends White Chocolate mask
Shescentit Cranberry Cocktail
My FSG, light hold

Miss

My FSG wasn't gooey enough, so It dripped a lot.

Continued Hits:
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor
Strong Roots Red Pimento Oil
KeraVada's Kenyan Coffee Oil
Hydroquench Systems Brazilian Chocolate Cleansing Condtioner
Mission:Condition HempAde
Liquid Gold's Whipped Java Bean Butter

Hit:
Shampoo on dry hair
Thanks to rileypak thorough review, I tried it and its great.
Eluence moisture shampoo
I get the hype this shampoo gets. It cleans soo well and yet hair is still sort and manageable. And doesn't cause hair to tangle. Think this is a staple

Hit:
Curly Q Custard Curl Cream for THICK, KINKY textured curls
Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee

Miss:
Annabelle's Perfect Blend Creamy Hair Pudding
Annabelle's Perfect Blend Scents (If I order anything in the future it will be unscented)
Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee (the scent makes it a miss for me. I will not repurchase)

Neither Hit nor Miss:
Annabelle's Perfect Blend Leave In Conditioner
Annabelle's Perfect Blend Hair Cream

These two items were just okay. I found a way to make them work for me but I will not repurchase.

Last edited:
Hit:
Oyin Handmade Honey Wash Shampoo. My hair was nice and clean without feeling stripped.
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Detangling Conditioner. This stuff looks and feels like Kinky Curly Knot Today, but seems to work even better. I left it in my hair and then sealed with Whipped Pudding and let my hair dry in twists under my heating cap. My hair is soft and has a nice sheen that I don't get when I do the same thing with KCKT. I'm glad that I got two bottles.

Hit:
Oyin Handmade Honey Wash Shampoo. My hair was nice and clean without feeling stripped.
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Detangling Conditioner. This stuff looks and feels like Kinky Curly Knot Today, but seems to work even better. I left it in my hair and then sealed with Whipped Pudding and let my hair dry in twists under my heating cap. My hair is soft and has a nice sheen that I don't get when I do the same thing with KCKT. I'm glad that I got two bottles.

I like the Detangling conditioner but I can't stand the smell. It does work better than KCKT.

Hits:
Cowashing more during a stretch and shampooing once a month
Liquid Gold Green Magic Hair Growth Creme
Marie Dean's Hair Butters

Hit: kinky kashmere all in one conditioner. Love this! Was looking for something shea based for winter so this is a winner. Nice clean smell too.

Valanalana whipped shea butter. This is truly whipped, not hard like some butters claim to be. Her customer service is awesome. Had a little problem ordering and not only did she refund me the money but she also sent AND upgraded my product to a full 8oz. She's a sweetheart.

Huge miss:
Putting the cherry Lola on my hair and when getting ready to wash it out noticed that we had no hot water in this stupid apartment. Had to boil some water to finish washing my hair today.

Miss: Worlds of Curls Curl moisturizer used to attempt definition for a Wash-n-Go. It was a "wash yo hair again STAT" instead. I can't stand and wouldn't dare sleep with a head full of coated hair.

Hit: Styling Gel, used to define the ends of my mini-twist (no extra hair added).

Less product does it better for me.

Back