His and Her...now WE

*boom* :yep::yep::yep: That's why I posted upthread that it's a matter of perception. I believe in being happy. I do what makes me happiest. I'm not being miserable because of or for someone else. I'm not letting another person hold me back. Anyone that wants to or wants me to sabotage my happiness is a problem. I do what I want. I don't mean harm to anyone else so when I'm doing what I want I'm only thinking about myself. Other people are mere coincidence or collateral damage in my pursuit of doing what makes me happy. Sounds like a personal problem. oops. my bad. Didn't hurt you on purpose but life goes on. At least mine will.....

I understand that, but in the same frame of things it can wholeheartedly be viewed as being selfish. I'm all for personal happiness but at what point does it become selfish and negatively impact everyone around you.

I dealt with a guy that had that mind state and I was the collateral damage. He was at many times the epitome of selfish, it was always about him and how he felt without consideration for others.

And you're right it's about perception and what you perceive as a stepping stone to happiness can be wholeheartedly deemed as selfish by most people.

Leaving your wife and children for a younger woman may make you happy, but it doesn't make you any less selfish.

I understand that, but in the same frame of things it can wholeheartedly be viewed as being selfish. I'm all for personal happiness but at what point does it become selfish and negatively impact everyone around you.

I dealt with a guy that had that mind state and I was the collateral damage. He was at many times the epitome of selfish, it was always about him and how he felt without consideration for others.

And you're right it's about perception and what you perceive as a stepping stone to happiness can be wholeheartedly deemed as selfish by most people.

Leaving your wife and children for a younger woman may make you happy, but it doesn't make you any less selfish.

Selfish people tend to be happier people.

As for the guy---his ex-wife should have dropped the kids off with him and the new chick and never looked back.

People like to talk about karma coming to other people. If the loose definitions of karma people use actually happened, we would all be in trouble.

People who are this selfish are no prize as far as a family unit goes. The earlier they leave, the better.

I dont want some fool who is interested in chasing the happiness that can be found with a new thrill. I think people who are thrilled by newness are children who never grew up in some sense.

Selfish people tend to be happier people. As for the guy---his ex-wife should have dropped the kids off with him and the new chick and never looked back.

You're right! Who wouldn't be happy when they only think about themselves and not how their actions impact others.

You're right! Who wouldn't be happy when they only think about themselves and not how their actions impact others.

The first thing I had to learn how to do on the road to happiness was differentiate between problems that are mine and problems that aren't mine.

Second thing I had to do was learn how to solve problems that arose and let ish go. Anyone who's around me is going to learn those skills and at the end of it, they're gonna end up thanking me.

hmmm this is interesting my friend was messing around with this married guy dude for years.....Then she gets engaged and is in love blah blah, and finds out her dude is cheating on her.

Yeah I believe in karma but i don't always believe it manifest itself in the same form, but yeah that energy will come back to you. Not that i wish that on anyone but I feel like everyone has karmic debt and past lives that they have to pay in the present.

I believe that we reap what you sow but not necessarily in the same manner.

I believe as someone upthread said it has to do with character rather than "karma". If that person is selfish or weak willed, if they are not loyal and cheating is in their make-up then they may likely cheat again. A lack of self control doesn't disappear. If the opportunity arises they are likely to lack that same self control. Character only changes if the person wants to change.

I believe in karma and I trust that when someone does dirty it'll either affect them or ,worse, someone they love. I've seen it happen many of times, the mother acted all types of whorish ways, the daughter is an angel, but has to reap whatever her mother has sown (the mother even commented that life was playing out that way). The father was scum, the son repays his father ten fold in agony. Karma play out a lot like that. It takes a strong mind to break the cycle.

So when I see relationships that formed out of disrespect and negativity I can only hope they or their loved ones don't get bitten back too roughly.:nono:

But I do think selfish people are happier. It would break my heart to see my love one suffering due to my actions when they're innocent, but to the selfish person, maybe they simply don't care?

Back