High porosity, low porosity?

This should help http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/curlchemist-porosity-and-curly-hair
you really want normal porosity but if you have low or high you just do things to work with it. If its low you need to use something to make it easier to open up and hold moisture like a baking soda rinse and if its high you need to do something to help it absorb the moisture like acv at least thats how I think it was explained. Neither is bad but normal I would assume is best.

[USER=355477 said:
DominicanBrazilian82[/USER];16941105]Bumping!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

What is it that you want to know so others can answer your specific question.

faithVA said:
What is it that you want to know so others can answer your specific question.

faithVA I am trying to find out if my hair is porous or not. I did the strand test where I ran my finger along my hair strand to see if if was smooth; and it wasn't. My hair felt rough, which I've learned could be a sign of low porosity (I think). Something to the effect that the cuticle is open. I'm really trying to see different methods that I can use to check my porous levels (if that makes sense).

[USER=355477 said:
DominicanBrazilian82[/USER];16942759]@faithVA I am trying to find out if my hair is porous or not. I did the strand test where I ran my finger along my hair strand to see if if was smooth; and it wasn't. My hair felt rough, which I've learned could be a sign of low porosity (I think). Something to the effect that the cuticle is open. I'm really trying to see different methods that I can use to check my porous levels (if that makes sense).

There is a High Porosity Support thread and a Low Porosity Support thread and both of these threads list the characteristics and test you can use. Both threads women are sharing what they are doing to work with their porosity.

If you do a search on porosity in the thread title you will find them easily.

Back