Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

Still hiding my hair. I got a Maxiglide MP last week and had to test it out on my 19 weeks ng. I do know next time to have a blow dryer with a comb attachment. My ng was not playing at all. I've been good. I pinned my hair up and kept it hidden. :yep:

7 days and counting ladies...
I blow dried my hair two months ago, without the attachment and my roots didnt get straight at all. I want to buy an attachment but I'm scared lol. I guess if I use it once in a while it will be ok.

I think I applied a little tension but not a lot. I was jut being very gentle. I have never stretch that long before.

I don't know if I'm relaxing before the 15th, but I'll share my results when I relax! Are we gonna do it all in this thread ladies?

i have 23 weeks of NG and ladies i am so excited to get my blowout and flatiron on the 15th!!! :gorgeous:

i may texlax on new year's eve or hold out for my one year healthy hair growth anniversary on february 28th (which would put me at 34.5 weeks!! :2cool:)

gonna play this by ear and am praying i make my goal of APL this month

I've just got one thing to say..............

WHERE ARE ALL THESE FOLKS???? :nono:

ETA: Look at how long this list started out. I do not believe all of us have been in here checking in regularly, or even every blue moon for that matter.

Ms_Twana
SunnyDelight
hautia
kooskoos
Nightingale
Saffirejuiliet
ILuvsmuhgrass
isawstars
SouthernBeauty
Smiley79
Shay72
simplie_lovable
venusd
bellecheveux
azucar
ebonyhair
ReeseCup
balancegoals2009
Smiley79
doriannc
song_of_serenity
my1goodnerve
sunnieb
Nice Lady
757diva
tyefrmy
Bluetopia
morehairplease
moonglowdiva
MzCiCi
Mz.Shug
sharifeh
mrsrobertson2005
wheezy807
malibu4590
MissFallon
foxee
MochaEyeCandy
Princess2010
brickhouse
Jaxhair
naturalepiphany
slw980205
Changed
Skiggle
coconow2007
Chinwen2006
Titansgirl
enitan78
kimmy89
TonicaG
Queen_Earth
DaughterOfZion1
soulie
goldielocs
GirlTalk
Amante
CheLala13
jaded_faerie
nappytherapy
SlantedEyezMiss2003
Tickledpinkies
Aggie
soleil01
Luscious Locks
alicianicole
femalegold
Sweetg
monawalker
Rei
aymone
Duchesse
Lylddlebit
zioninspiresme
Helpmeblongagain
bedazzled
locabouthair
msa
jaszymeen
AtlantaJJ
rben
shortdub78
kurlybella
DDTexlaxed
Highly Favored8
ms.sweetevie
fyb87
ad0rkabletash
Daisimae
ljamie4
jencolem
Kerryann
glamazon386
Liyah
caramelmocha
jerseygurl
edenhere
CICI24
MCrzyGr
Kellum
Mane Event
princessdi
*Frisky*
finewine83
shadylane21
curlyreese
charmtreese
mxdchiq86
Samory07
Nixx
KEIONI'S MOM
LuvLiLocks
ms_b_haven06
Junonia
nychaelasymone
tsmith
Qurlyqt
grow_N_Him09
Rapunzel
mamaceta
Demi 1974
lilmsjanet

:lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
^^^^^^ Whatchu tombout??? I'm >>>>here<<<<! :grin:

Just got my retouch tonight and I'm lovin' it! Gonna wear a bantu knot out tomorrow and take a pic of my "reveal" ponytail on Sunday. I can't wait to post pics!!! :yep:

ETA: Oops! I guess you were callin' out to the folks that were NOT bolded! I'm bolded. :grin:

Last edited:
^^^Checking in as well. My name isn't highlighted. I think it's b/c I posted starting pics to the starting pic forum late. However, I've been in hiding for the 6 months and I'm ready to show yall what it do! HI-YOU-DOIN!:grin::grin::grin:

Couldn't tell if I was being called out or not, but I'm here. I ordered a maxiglide for the big reveal and it should be here today or tomorrow. I can't wait to see everyone's progress.

Lol Im here!!!

Still got my install in...I dont know if I should take it down in January, then put in a new one for my big birthday party in March. Inbetween I want to get a natural half wig...like a 3b, 4a type wig. I need help finding one. Any suggetions ladies??

So....I didn't see my name on the list of challengers....searched the thread and I NEVER joined :look: I thought I was in this one :lol:

Um...I did hide my hair...can I still reveal with you guys??

^^^^^^ Whatchu tombout??? I'm >>>>here<<<<! :grin:

ETA: Oops! I guess you were callin' out to the folks that were NOT bolded! I'm bolded. :grin:

No, I just copy & pasted the entire list. I was just talking about how long the list IS versus how many folks have been checkin in. :grin:

Wasn't calling out any individuals. Just group size as a whole. :yep:

^^^Checking in as well. My name isn't highlighted. I think it's b/c I posted starting pics to the starting pic forum late. However, I've been in hiding for the 6 months and I'm ready to show yall what it do! HI-YOU-DOIN!:grin::grin::grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: At the bolded.

Yeah, I stopped updating the highlights after a while. :lachen:

So....I didn't see my name on the list of challengers....searched the thread and I NEVER joined :look: I thought I was in this one :lol:

Um...I did hide my hair...can I still reveal with you guys??

Of course you can!!! :yep:

Checkin in...still in braids...BUT, I'm not sure Im ready to take them out in time for the 12/15 deadline. I'm sorry. :(

I'm checking in! My last relaxer was 10/17 and the next is scheduled for the end of Dec or January. I've been hiding my wearing my braid bun for the last two months. I have been trimming my hair so I have lost some length. My hair is uneven and it drives me crazy.

:woot:

Yay! Getting this sewin out tonight...will take pics and reveal with u ladies on Tuesday :yep:
:pray: for good results

Checkin in...still in braids...BUT, I'm not sure Im ready to take them out in time for the 12/15 deadline. I'm sorry. :(

I'm kind of in the same boat Smiley. I am not relaxing my hair nor do I have any money to go to the salon for a flat iron by December 15...so I will be hiding my hair going into the new year too :sad:

Ladies I cant wait to walk in that salon on Tuesday at 9am LOL.
Imma wash it Saturday to prep it for the relaxer.....

Ms Twana I think there should be another challenge like
this next year. :look:

GIRRRRRRRLLLLLL this was the longest 6 months EVA!!! :lachen:

Naw, I say I'm gonna wanna enjoy my new length after the challenge, but I'm sure once I feel my hair snagging on my clothers (sweaters especially) I'll be putting it right back in a bun. IDK, we'll see.

There is another that ends in about 4 months, I think.

4 days and counting ladies...

Tick, Tick, Tick......

:yay::woot::clapping::bouncy::clap::yahoo::woohoo:

Just got back from getting my hair straightened. Okay, I'm no longer hiding in person, just cyberly (is that a word?) I'm a little disappointed, but happy at the same time. CAN'T WAIT TO POST PICS!!!

Just got back from getting my hair straightened. Okay, I'm no longer hiding in person, just cyberly (is that a word?) I'm a little disappointed, but happy at the same time. CAN'T WAIT TO POST PICS!!!

The bolded is me also, but to tell the truth, I'm sitting here in a bun right now. I think it's out of habit from the past six months!

I don't think I will join another challenge like this, but I'm so glad this one was kept alive and ticking. It made me stick to the plan and maximize my hair health and growth. Thanks for everything ladies, especially Ms. Twana! :grin:

See yall in the reveal thread!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

Last edited:
The bolded is me also, but to tell the truth, I'm sitting here in a bun right now. I think it's out of habit from the past six months!

I don't think I will join another challenge like this, but I'm so glad this one was kept alive and ticking. It made me stick to the plan and maximize my hair health and growth. Thanks for everything ladies, especially Ms. Twana! :grin:

See yall in the reveal thread!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

I know. I told the stylist that I wonder how long I'll actually be able to wear it down. I told her that as soon as I feel it snag, I'll be putting it in a bun. She was like, "Please don't put it in a bun!" :lachen:

You're welcome Sunnie. This was the first challenge that I finished out, and I'm SOOOOO happy that I did. I'll definitely be protective styling all the time now. Even once I get to my goal length (MBL), I'll still be bunning. That will DEFINITELY be too much hair for me to deal with. :lachen:

Thanks to all the challengers that kept hiding. I would not have followed through on this challenge if it were not for all of you. :grin: :yep:

I've been wearing braidouts for the last couple of weeks and now my hair is feeling rough. :perplexed Guess I shoulda' left it in a dreaded bun. Well, I'm anxious for the challenge to be over... so I can cut it! This is the longest I have EVER gone without picking up some scissors. I'm itching sooooooo bad. :spinning: However, I'm determined not to cut everything that I've gained over the past few months. One thing I learned from this challenge, my hair grows slower than average. :sad:

I did my touch up last night into this morning. I stared around 11:00 pm doing the half and half method. I had a little over 19 weeks worth of new growth to fight with. Baby it was a battle, OMG!!! I can usually do one half in 15 mins including smoothing, but not this time. I had to extend my time to 19 mins, but my results are great.

I don't think I will be joining another HYH challenge. I plan on PS until my one year anniversay anyways. That will be in April of next year. Hopefully I will make it MBL or really darn close.

2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bouncegre:yay::dance7::dance7::dance7::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Checking in! I'm still in twists & wiggin it. I planned to keep these twists in for 2 weeks so that means I won't be taking them out until friday Dec 18. I'll post my results on friday.

Back